Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 09:19 AM

1,273 posts, read 990,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What's shallow about being honest about the big role attractiveness plays? It does play a big role whether we like it or not, especially when one meets someone else for the first time.
because societal expectations of attractiveness are bull **** and those lamenting being unlovable because of their physical attributes or others not being loved because they are ugly are buying into the bS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 09:22 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Why would any individual assume their taste is different from the masses' taste, a word which implies something negative by the way? There are studies suggesting that there is a broad agreement in society regarding who is attractive and who is not.

It does indeed matter less when one gets to know people without having a choice, for instance colleagues. One might end up with someone one would not even have considered, say, in a bar or wherever people meet voluntarily.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:29 AM

113 posts, read 77,302 times
Default Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I have literally never read a thread full of such shallow, cynical people.

Receding hair lines, only attractive people have luck in love, just be hot and rich and you'll find love, woman age badly, no one meets my standards, I only want someone like me, etc.
Maybe it's thinking like this that keeps y'all miserable and single.
100% agree. Me; baldy-locks, over-weight, face that sends people screaming into the night, Hot? (uh, no), Rich? (I WISH) married to a hottie who has aged right along with me (still think she's a hottie!). We both set standards years ago; no cheating ever with anything or anyone, she has a say in everything, NO NAGGING, TV is muted or off when we are talking, neither of us leaves the table (or bedroom) hungry.
I would be totally appalled if my bride was like me!

Old 09-26-2015, 09:51 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:

Receding hair lines, only attractive people have luck in love, just be hot and rich and you'll find love, woman age badly, no one meets my standards, I only want someone like me, etc.

Look at the Positive side of that. It saves a lot of the best women for the Men who appreciate them.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:51 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:

No one is guaranteed love or a mate in life. If it happens great, if not that's life. This isn't cynicism its pragmatism. Which is what I see in most of these responses.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:52 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I don't think it's particularly difficult to find someone.

For women, you simply need to stop being so picky.
Really? I'm having a terrible time finding someone, ANYONE.

My only requirement is that he have teeth.
He can even have fake ones as long as they're in his mouth when we're awake.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:53 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Look at the Positive side of that. It saves a lot of the best women for the Men who appreciate them.
Where does it state in any of these responses that these men do not appreciate women?

Old 09-26-2015, 10:00 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Really? I'm having a terrible time finding someone, ANYONE.

My only requirement is that he have teeth.
He can even have fake ones as long as they're in his mouth when we're awake.
Yeah I don't think this is really true.

Are you a single mom? Even remotely physical attractive? Live in a singles area?

Finding men with teeth is remarkably easy. I see them everyday (some are even single).

Old 09-26-2015, 10:05 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
I sometimes see old people with single teeth

Old 09-26-2015, 10:08 AM

113 posts, read 77,302 times
Default yep, had one myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I sometimes see old people with single teeth
Got me some shiny new "choppers" a few months back, all the fake teeth are a white as Chiclets! Women find them irresistible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships