Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 07:01 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I'm for marriage if it's with the right person. The right person has to realize that sex is a healthy part of a relationship though.
Maybe that's what she's holding out for. How long have you been dating? Long enough to have this talk?

Old 10-17-2015, 07:04 PM

52,217 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
I'm for marriage if it's with the right person. The right person has to realize that sex is a healthy part of a relationship though.
My comment was more directed to her waiting for marriage before sex type of thing.

I think marriage is fine I'm not anti marriage, I just don't feel like I need to have that label. I've been with Mrs. Chow a long time now and she feels the same way... so whatever works for each couple is pretty much my motto. I've never once on this forum every said anything bad about marriage.

I think that certain situations people should be married, such as having kids, I think it's better overall if you're planning on having children.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:08 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,923 times
Quote:
Sure if the woman is sexually driven as well. If not then it's a lock for celibacy. That's the interpretation I currently get. Not signing up for that though. It wouldn't be a healthy relationship. I'm a very affectionate person. That's great things worked out for you and your husband.
They've worked out in some respects, but my high sex drive put us in jeopardy recently when I found myself in the middle of an emotional affair. I'm not blaming my husband at all, but I want it at least daily if not more and for his own reasons sex isn't as big a priority for him and he can go weeks before feeling deprived. I disclosed my emotional affair and we had a long talk about my motivations and he has agreed to guarantee sex on odd numbered days if I want it, and for me to give him a break on even days unless we are both raring to go.

Plus I'm much more adventurous when it comes to bedroom experimentation so he's slowly coming around after 10 yrs of marriage to letting me try things with him he wouldn't have considered before. So Yay me!!!

Last edited by April R; 10-17-2015 at 07:17 PM..

Old 10-17-2015, 07:16 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
They've worked out in some respects, but my high sex drive put us in jeopardy recently when I found myself in the middle of an emotional affair. I'm not blaming my husband at all, but I want it at least daily if not more amd for his own reasons sex isn't as big a priority for him and he can go weeks before feeling deprived. I disclosed my emotional affair and we had a long talk about my motivations and he has agreed to guarantee sex on odd numbered days if I want it, and for me to give him a break on even days unless we are both raring to go.

Plus I'm much more adventurous when it comes to bedroom experimentation so he's slowly coming around to letting me try things with him he wouldn't have considered before. So Yay me!!!
Have him join a gym. If he wants. Exercise increases sex drive pretty good. Increases testosterone levels. I exercise a good bit and think that's part of my problem. That's cool yall are having some fun. I'm all for a lady that likes to play around a bit. That's why the ultra conservative thing doesn't really work for me.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:18 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,501 times
I once had a friend, a hot Italian woman (accent and all, fresh from Rome), complain to me that American men don't approach her at all (I was dating her friend, a fellow Italian, and she felt a little envious that her friend was meeting guys so quickly). I explained to her that she was far too hot and many men would be intimidated or assume she was taken--I used myself as an example, as her friend invited me to her birthday party, which is how we got to know one another.

Many of us will see an extremely attractive woman and assume she's either taken or too stuck up to approach (or even look at). In many cases these are some lonely, lonely women, just hoping the right guy approaches...but that's another thread entirely.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Maybe that's what she's holding out for. How long have you been dating? Long enough to have this talk?
Well she's a brand new divorce'. And I know she's the kind that would want to hold out for marriage. So it don't look good for me if I want any action anytime in the near future it appears lol

Old 10-17-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I once had a friend, a hot Italian woman (accent and all, fresh from Rome), complain to me that American men don't approach her at all (I was dating her friend, a fellow Italian, and she felt a little envious that her friend was meeting guys so quickly). I explained to her that she was far too hot and many men would be intimidated or assume she was taken--I used myself as an example, as her friend invited me to her birthday party, which is how we got to know one another).

Many of us will see an extremely attractive woman and assume she's either taken or too stuck up to approach (or even look at). In many cases these are some lonely, lonely women, just hoping the right guy approaches...but that's another thread entirely.
True, but it is also true these beautiful women are not going to settle for a man that is not also on par with their beauty from their perspective.

I've been around the dating block enough to know that. So why bother? If I happen to land a couple dates it's only a matter of time before she moves onto what she perceives as the bigger and better deal once the opportunity arises.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:21 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,923 times
Quote:
Have him join a gym. If he wants. Exercise increases sex drive pretty good. Increases testosterone levels. I exercise a good bit and think that's part of my problem. That's cool yall are having some fun. I'm all for a lady that likes to play around a bit. That's why the ultra conservative thing doesn't really work for me.
He does taekwondo and was working out regularly until a recent knee injury. I haven't noticed any difference in his sex drive when he is or isn't exercising regularly. I on the other hand get super revved up from exercise. Plus really active sex burns a lot of calories too, so really I'm just trying to keep us healthy!!!

Old 10-17-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
He does taekwondo and was working out regularly until a recent knee injury. I haven't noticed any difference in his sex drive when he is or isn't exercising regularly. I on the other hand get super revved up from exercise. Plus really active sex burns a lot of calories too, so really I'm just trying to keep us healthy!!!
It's about the best exercise I can think of. Generally when I get back from the gym I'm ready to rock and roll. The hormones are at peak levels.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:56 PM

272 posts, read 185,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Don't let that those azzbags get to you, and forward those nasty DM's to a mod.

I had one super hero here dm me and challenge me to a fist fight, he actually wanted my address so we could meet up to fight...

LOL... I mean really..... what, are we in HS or something.

I can be nasty and shred with the best of them, but when I log off of this forum, I'm mentally done, I rarely think or talk about it. I'll be with mrs. Chow and we'll see something in a movie that is a subject here and we'll look over at each other and laugh, things like that, but not too often.

One time I got into with some guy here and I was so completely pissed my heart rate about doubled and if I had a baseball bat handy I would have destroyed my house.

After that little episode, I don't go round and round with people... I'll go a couple of posts, but I don't keep arguing with someone, especially if they are being obstinate on purpose...
Yes, a couple of posts is about right. You are not going to change the world being a keyboard warrior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships