Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 07:43 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,930,762 times

Advertisements

Inquiring minds want to know my shower time is typically 10 minutes (male, short hair), and my wife's is about the same.
When I shower at the YMCA after work out, I shut shower off to soap up (but don't do at home for some reason). TMI.
Good Luck with your relationship, BarryGibb - you may need it.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:59 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,024,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryg View Post
My girlfriend has many wonderful qualities and I love her. But being that we are in a drought, I find her long showers usually average at least 30 min and are often longer, pretty unconscionable. Last night after another one of her marathon showers, I said you know we have a severe drought. 45 minutes is too long. And while I take 5 min showers, I do realize women have more to do in there. She said "I'll shower as long as I want." And then something to the effect of "you didn't have to move in if you don't like it."

Meanwhile I pay 70% of the rent, since I earn much more than her. I was really put off by her comment. I don't like to find arguments but I'm really turned off by her selfishness in this regard. It makes me wonder if she even knows how bad a drought we have? Not that her actions alone are using up all our water, but it's still not right in my opinion.

By the way, we're both in out 40s.
Thoughts?
Well, you gave it away in the first sentence ".....and I love her". That pretty much means you're gonna have to learn to put up with her crap (we all do it). If she gives you sex and has many other "wonderful" qualities, don't worry about the effing water. If you don't love her and she doesn't give you sex, then move out and find someone that takes shorter showers and will give you sex, until then man-up, pay the water bill and enjoy the wonderful qualities.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:30 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,930,762 times
subtle echo42 - calling it like it is, though we all should be responsible & contribute being responsible environmental stewards

Old 11-19-2015, 05:58 AM

1,082 posts, read 832,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanacus View Post
I give a **** and I don't even pay the bills. Even if she's shaving every time, she should be done in 10 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanacus View Post
I can't even believe this. But if it's true, I'd seriously break it off with her. She's got more issues than just wanting to be super clean.
You gotta be kidding me. Why not just sign us up for communist living with this way of thinking? Who are you to say how long anyone should do anything at any time? And don't give me the "greater good" BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Turn the water heater down. Cold water

And here we all are talking to someone about something when we only know one side of the story...passing judgement on someone we don't even know based on something someone else said. It's the American way I guess.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:24 AM

9,821 posts, read 11,539,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Inquiring minds want to know my shower time is typically 10 minutes (male, short hair), and my wife's is about the same.
When I shower at the YMCA after work out, I shut shower off to soap up (but don't do at home for some reason). TMI.
Good Luck with your relationship, BarryGibb - you may need it.
Naw Dawg, nobody ask you
O.P. needs to Post video of girlfriend taking 40 min shower or we Ban Him

Old 11-19-2015, 08:27 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
Dump her!

Old 11-19-2015, 08:31 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Quote:
My girlfriend has many wonderful qualities and I love her. But being that we are in a drought, I find her long showers usually average at least 30 min and are often longer, pretty unconscionable. Last night after another one of her marathon showers, I said you know we have a severe drought. 45 minutes is too long. And while I take 5 min showers, I do realize women have more to do in there. She said "I'll shower as long as I want." And then something to the effect of "you didn't have to move in if you don't like it."

Meanwhile I pay 70% of the rent, since I earn much more than her. I was really put off by her comment. I don't like to find arguments but I'm really turned off by her selfishness in this regard. It makes me wonder if she even knows how bad a drought we have? Not that her actions alone are using up all our water, but it's still not right in my opinion.

By the way, we're both in out 40s.
Thoughts?
My man?? You have more issues than the drought in California ! OUCH!

Old 11-19-2015, 08:57 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,676 times
Well, 45 minute showers or longer is way too long especially if you're not in the shower with her. You know what I mean? Wink- wink. Seriously, I can only imagine all the gallons of water that are being wasted during her long shower. At least 50 gallons depending on the shower head.

You should invest in a water saving shower head from The Home Depot even if you are renting your place. If the shower head is the standard type, meaning not a massage hand-held type, then you can pick up a good standard water saving shower head with a pause feature (stops water) for less than $15. If you pay for water at your place this shower head will be paid off rather quickly.

Make her feel guilty about wasting water and have her start cutting down. The pause feature I mentioned above really works. While you lather you can shut off the water and turn it back on while rinsing. This alone saves a lot of water during a shower. Imagine the savings during the whole year.

-Cheers.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:00 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,483 times
Quote:
her long showers usually average at least 30 min and are often longer
Quote:
She said "I'll shower as long as I want."
Quote:
And then something to the effect of "you didn't have to move in if you don't like it."
Quote:
We're in a drought
Quote:
Meanwhile I pay 70% of the rent
Run.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:03 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
A friend's husband is always getting on her about how much garbage she "creates."

We're talking about packaging here, things like the styrofoam meat trays, cereal boxes, plastic wrap, cardboard boxes.

I think he's losing his mind.

I do love the way you're modeling controlling behavior for your girlfriend's son, though. I wonder if she realizes that yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships