Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 01:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,110,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Well, your posts speak for themselves. Act in such a way that spells out a bingo card, and don't be surprised when someone points it out. As for whether or not any of it could be you? It definitely is.
I'm sorry..."any of it" referring to dating...Nope. Never had a problem there (getting asked out), period. And am currently married.

And when it WAS me...I worked on whatever that "it" was.

Because I'm not a whiner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 01:57 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,238,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No and no, LOL.

Argue, speak about the next person's words being irrelevant, nit-pick, semantic, and now, pull out the age-old and overused attempted smack-downs...anything...

...aaaaaaaaaaaanything....

...other than think, "I wonder if any of this could be because of me...I just wonder whether I should be the one to make some changes?"

Oh HA HA HA nope, never mind, I lost my head there for a second! Carry on, you pulled out "bitter," how about "old" next? That one's usually good. Who's got their Bingo cards handy? (I think you're winning, Hivemind...)
He does have a point. You definitely went over the top with the all caps and word stretches in some of your posts.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:00 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,810,159 times
Quote:
I'm sorry..."any of it" referring to dating...Nope. Never had a problem there (getting asked out), period. And am currently married.

And when it WAS me...I worked on whatever that "it" was.
Wow, so you're this upset over something that doesn't even concern you? That's amazing. It would explain your grossly incorrect assessment about the availability of single men and women, though.

Quote:
Because I'm not a whiner.
Was someone else using your account before?

Old 02-02-2016, 02:03 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,365,965 times
Quote:
No and no, LOL.

Argue, speak about the next person's words being irrelevant, nit-pick, semantic, and now, pull out the age-old and overused attempted smack-downs...anything...

...aaaaaaaaaaaanything....

...other than think, "I wonder if any of this could be because of me...I just wonder whether I should be the one to make some changes?"

Oh HA HA HA nope, never mind, I lost my head there for a second! Carry on, you pulled out "bitter," how about "old" next? That one's usually good. Who's got their Bingo cards handy? (I think you're winning, Hivemind...)

You went to fat, old and bald pretty quickly, which as a man who is two of those, seem to be the favorite and oft repeated descriptors for undesirable men. Those of us possessing said qualities of course know how many women feel about it, but thanks for the reminder.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,110,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
He does have a point. You definitely went over the top with the all caps and word stretches in some of your posts.
Yes, indeed...because it is frustrating to see this sort of ridiculousness over and over and over again on here. Then again, I suppose I could just not open the thread. I actually thought I might bring a few things to mind, and snap a few people out of their emo whining and INTO dating and potential happiness. But if people have their beliefs, then they have their beliefs for their own reasons and you're right...caps and so on aren't going to change that.

Carry on, complain and don't change a thing, it's all online dating's fault, those hooked-up very average people you see absolutely everywhere are a mirage, have a nice day.

ETA: Reading up...oh for God's sake, people...if THIS is how badly you need to believe in this "the chips are against me" thing...then I won't stand in your way. Peace out...dear lord. Not much hope for this group.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, indeed...because it is frustrating to see this sort of ridiculousness over and over and over again on here. Then again, I suppose I could just not open the thread. I actually thought I might bring a few things to mind, and snap a few people out of their emo whining and INTO dating and potential happiness. But if people have their beliefs, then they have their beliefs for their own reasons and you're right...caps and so on aren't going to change that.

Carry on, complain and don't change a thing, it's all online dating's fault, those hooked-up very average people you see absolutely everywhere are a mirage, have a nice day.

ETA: Reading up...oh for God's sake, people...if THIS is how badly you need to believe in this "the chips are against me" thing...then I won't stand in your way. Peace out...dear lord. Not much hope for this group.
For what it's worth I'm not anti-online dating at all but the general tone of this thread has shifted from the select few group of guys saying that dating is automatically easier for middle-aged men compared to when they were in high school or college.

Then you have another group of posters refuting that first group saying that dating does not automatically become easier just because men gets older nor does it get harder for women just because they get older.

Then you've come in to say men don't have hard at all when they get older.

Maybe this would've been a more civil discussion if people stop generalizing along gender for just one second.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:20 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,808,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

Maybe this would've been a more civil discussion if people stop generalizing along gender for just one second.
Sometimes generalizations are correct, and to leave them out would just be boring.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Sometimes generalizations are correct, and to leave them out would just be boring.

But to state them like the revealed word of God would be pretty cool?

Old 02-02-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But to state them like the revealed word of God would be pretty cool?

And I'm not agreeing that they're correct, just accepting and pointing out le roi's unnatural rigidity on the topic.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
And sometimes people want to believe that they are correct so badly so it can suit their agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships