Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 01:19 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,399,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Quality is partly objective, and partly subjective, within those objective bounds.

At the point a person is saying that their subjective tastes are the only determinant of quality, that's when that person is lying to themselves.
For them. Are you not attempting to project your definition of "quality" onto others? I couldn't care less how you choose to define quality for you. What you determine is a quality match or woman for you is just fine, as long as you speak for yourself.

You can think a quality woman is demure, respectful, chaste, knows her place, and I can think that's full of ****. If you attempt to argue these are objectively "good" qualities, I'd be inclined to raise my bull**** flag. Sure, these are good qualities for some, especially some of the Bitter Boys in this group, but they sure as hell aren't seen that way objectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 01:19 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,814,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Put this ALL together and if you get off the fugging computer once in a while, for God's sake, you have a HUGE pool of women available for men and a SMALL pool of men for women (quality or not, I won't even go there...there are just as many fat toothless men out there as fat toothless women...actually, slightly MORE fat men than women, but again, doesn't warrant repeating for the billionth time).

Yet we are still hearing on here how dating is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard for men and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unfair for men. WTF??? Are you kidding? If the tables were tipped any more in your favor they'd be falling right over.

It isn't online dating that's the problem. It isn't offline dating that's the problem. You're the problem.

Sorry.
I was with you up until this part. The underlined, in particular, is simply false. Laughably so.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:21 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I was with you up until this part. The underlined, in particular, is simply false. Laughably so.

Yeah, agree with you again on that.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,138,957 times
Quote:
Oh, really?

Do you need stats on the woman to man ratio in the U.S.?

Do you disagree that women are not as fully able, acceptably, to date 20, 30 years younger and to routinely seek out just that, to the extent that men not only already do, but are encouraged to continue to do, without any snickering or "cougar" references or pump-and-dump "teach me" garbage? If so, this IS a breakthrough and I am bookmarking these few posts for the next time a woman-hating "Who wants an OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD lady?" nasty thread. This IS good news!

Old 02-02-2016, 01:25 PM

Meanwhile, given there ARE more women than men, and given a larger overall age range for men (at least two or three times as large, I'd say), why is it "laughable" that there's a larger pool of women v. men? Please enlighten me. Many many many many men are hooked up. As many as there are women... Is it those men who are laughable?

Maybe it's all the whining and refusal to take responsibility that's laughable.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:25 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times
Quote:
Oh, really?

Do you disagree that women are as fully able, acceptably, to date 20, 30 years younger and to routinely seek out just that? If so, this IS a breakthrough and I am bookmarking these few posts for the next time a woman-hating "Who wants an OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD lady?" nasty thread. This IS good news!

The issue isn't about stats. And neither men nor women routinely date 20 or 30 years younger.

The issue was with the statement that things are tipped in men's favor. They aren't. With the societal dynamic in dating, and men having to be the aggressor and pursuer (unless you're gorgeous or something), I think most men would LOVE to tip that dynamic. I know very few women without multiple date offers a week (i'm in my 40s), while guys like me never are asked out, or very rarely. That's not in my favor.

Still, I'm not complaining. It's the way things are and I do fine. Just don't tell me that dating is in my favor.

And number ratios really don't matter since I'm looking for one person.
Quote:
Meanwhile, given there ARE more women than men, and given a larger overall age range for men (at least two or three times as large, I'd say), why is it "laughable" that there's a larger pool of women v. men? Please enlighten me. Many many many many men are hooked up. As many as there are women... Is it those men who are laughable?
Women generally date the same years older and younger from what I see, anywhere from 5-10 years up and down.

I actually get more women, with OLD, contacting me that are below the range I'm looking for (I have +/- 5 years), as I have 34, 35, etc yo women contacting me more frequently than 45 year old women.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:27 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,814,536 times
Quote:
Oh, really?

Do you disagree that women are as fully able, acceptably, to date 20, 30 years younger and to routinely seek out just that? If so, this IS a breakthrough and I am bookmarking these few posts for the next time a woman-hating "Who wants an OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD lady?" nasty thread. This IS good news!
You'll note that the stats you're quoting was not something I debated (please read my post again), but is also barely even close to relevant. I don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head, but I know it's something close to 51%/49%. Assuming all else is equal, that means that in a room of 100 people, only 2% would even be AFFECTED (and it would be the bottom 2%. If that's you, then your problem isn't the male/female ratio).

You'll also note that I didn't debate your second point, though I'm a little inclined to. Date who you want. If what other people think weighs that heavily on your dating life, then date someone who your friends approve of, regardless of how he treats you or what he looks like. I don't care.

I see, however, that you don't mention the things I ACTUALLY found issue with (again, read my post).

Old 02-02-2016, 01:28 PM

41,003 posts, read 49,453,126 times
Quote:
I'd say she's correct once men get over 40. By the time we are in our 50's we men have huge odds in our favor.

Unless you're still a loser.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:30 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,827,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Are you not attempting to project your definition of "quality" onto others?
I am asserting that this is how quality is defined in the context of dating.

I reject any definition of 'quality' that relies wholly on subjective factors.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The issue isn't about stats. And neither men nor women routinely date 20 or 30 years younger.

The issue was with the statement that things are tipped in men's favor. They aren't. With the societal dynamic in dating, and men having to be the aggressor and pursuer (unless you're gorgeous or something), I think most men would LOVE to tip that dynamic. I know very few women without multiple date offers a week (i'm in my 40s), while guys like me never are asked out, or very rarely. That's not in my favor.

Still, I'm not complaining. It's the way things are and I do fine. Just don't tell me that dating is in my favor.

And number ratios really don't matter since I'm looking for one person.
And yet...so many men ARE with women.

SO MANY men.

And yet...it's online AND offline dating that are both the problem...not the men who aren't managing to get the women?

We're not talking fashion models nor rich people from either side, there's nothing in particular that the guy next to you "got" a girl and you didn't (not you the person I'm quoting, the general "you") unless we're talking Channing Tatum or something, so...?

But no. It's dating that's the problem. It's the women who are the problem. It's the computer that's the problem. It's society that's the problem. It's bars that are the problem. It's pickiness that's the problem. It's the barometric pressure that's the problem...................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships