Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 10:16 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
In your post just before this one, you stated that you were not sure of her interest, and that's why asking her out would be "too forward" and you would "scare her off".

Excuses, excuses. If other guys are hitting her up, you have no time to lose. The others are right, you are going to lose your chance and you'll have no one to blame but yourself. You miss all the shots that you don't take.

Ask her "May I have your number, because I'd like to call you and take you out sometime".

Done.
I still am unsure on some level. I mean if it was uninterested I would have picked up on it by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
In your post just before this one, you stated that you were not sure of her interest, and that's why asking her out would be "too forward" and you would "scare her off".

Excuses, excuses. If other guys are hitting her up, you have no time to lose. The others are right, you are going to lose your chance and you'll have no one to blame but yourself. You miss all the shots that you don't take.

Ask her "May I have your number, because I'd like to call you and take you out sometime".

Done.
Would she ask me twice to talk later on to me on as I am my way out if she wasn't interest? she asks that and we hardly know each other. I mean why ask that to someone you hardly know? most of the time that doest happen people just say bye when they only spoken a few times. She was insistent on talking hence saying it twice.

Its not excuses from me, but being socially aware to minimize awkwardness. I feel I need more signs and more talks to be confident in that Im likely correct that its mutual

Old 04-28-2016, 07:51 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
So is this fixable? I mean I don't want to ask for her number if its out of the blue. Her wanting to talk to me said twice with insistence and the constant eye contact that I can see at a distance all the time seems positive.She would not do this, and the obviousness of my approaches if she wasn't interested. She has to suspect something is up by now and if she wasn't interested she would have shut me down along time ago..
No. At this stage, it likely is not. You waited too long. Asking her for her number, what 3 weeks ago? when you started this thread would have been out of the blue. Asking for her number when she was "insistent" on asking to talk twice within 5 minutes was the perfect opportunity. If you really wanted her number and to move forward with this you would have done it then.

Quote:
I still am unsure on some level. I mean if it was uninterested I would have picked up on it by now.
And if you were truly interested in her, you'd be moving this forward not circling the drain with it. Put us all out of our misery and move on.

Quote:
Would she ask me twice to talk later on to me on as I am my way out if she wasn't interest? she asks that and we hardly know each other. I mean why ask that to someone you hardly know? most of the time that doest happen people just say bye when they only spoken a few times. She was insistent on talking hence saying it twice.
Because she was interested in getting to know you better. Now she's giving you signals that she lost interest: not coming to the gym at the same time as she was, not trying to engage in conversation with you anymore, etc. She may still be looking your way, but I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't actually looking at you.

Quote:
I feel I need more signs and more talks to be confident in that Im likely correct that its mutual
Short of her asking YOU out, WTF other signs do you need?!?!

Old 04-28-2016, 07:53 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Its not excuses from me, but being socially aware to minimize awkwardness. I feel I need more signs and more talks to be confident in that Im likely correct that its mutual
Hopeless

Old 04-28-2016, 08:09 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Instead of asking someone out for a drink or to dinner you are going to ask "Can I text you sometime"?

Old 04-28-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Instead of asking someone out for a drink or to dinner you are going to ask "Can I text you sometime"?
Drink is too formal. The only thing I'm going to do is start talking to her again and gauge it then. That's it really

Old 04-28-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Hopeless
No I'm just to re engage and see what happens.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
No. At this stage, it likely is not. You waited too long. Asking her for her number, what 3 weeks ago? when you started this thread would have been out of the blue. Asking for her number when she was "insistent" on asking to talk twice within 5 minutes was the perfect opportunity. If you really wanted her number and to move forward with this you would have done it then.

And if you were truly interested in her, you'd be moving this forward not circling the drain with it. Put us all out of our misery and move on.

Because she was interested in getting to know you better. Now she's giving you signals that she lost interest: not coming to the gym at the same time as she was, not trying to engage in conversation with you anymore, etc. She may still be looking your way, but I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't actually looking at you.

Short of her asking YOU out, WTF other signs do you need?!?!
No way i didn't wait too long. You have to keep in mind I don't run into her that much for a bit there I'll update this when I can.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Please don't.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:54 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Please don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships