Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:20 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times

Advertisements

Based on the weak and timid threads created by guys in this section, the answer is a resounding NO.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:29 AM

138 posts, read 112,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Based on the weak and timid threads created by guys in this section, the answer is a resounding NO.
Haha. Millennial males, my generation, are a generation of daters raised without solid father figures/male role models, and they've been bombarded with feminist propaganda since they were babies. It shouldn't come as a shock that this generation of men is beyond weak and timid, and they have no clue how to talk to women.

Most of my male acquaintances jaws hit the floor when we're out at a bar or something and I go up to a group of three women and start chatting them up. They are literally baffled as to how a man can have the stones to do something like that. Pathetic.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:39 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffortPoaster View Post
Haha. Millennial males, my generation, are a generation of daters raised without solid father figures/male role models, and they've been bombarded with feminist propaganda since they were babies. It shouldn't come as a shock that this generation of men is beyond weak and timid, and they have no clue how to talk to women.

Most of my male acquaintances jaws hit the floor when we're out at a bar or something and I go up to a group of three women and start chatting them up. They are literally baffled as to how a man can have the stones to do something like that. Pathetic.
Maybe you should hang out with older dudes since the males of this generation are so beneath you.

Apparently people are missing the real issues of this thread which that either:

The OP is over analyzing things.

or

she needs to find out why she is picking the same kind of dudes.

Of course here on CD, many posters will not pass the opportunity to start chest thumping and roast millennial males. CD's acceptable target.

Some folks never grow up past high school.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:52 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

It is a crazy leap in logic.
I do not get the connection either.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:57 AM

102,200 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonPinkieus View Post
I have noticed with past boyfriends including the one I am currently involved with being seen as tough and dominate is a huge thing. Sure they can vary in different ways and they can be more or less caring and understanding, but for example my current bf as well as other past boyfriends really love their shoot/kill and destroy video games. I know it may seem as a minor thing to complain about but to me it just seems like an adolescent male power fantasy, am I the only one?
No, most men don't. Look for more mature guys (there are non-gamers out there, and moderate gamers), and men who are comfortable with a definition of masculinity that's not so narrow and old-fashioned. Cowboys are very last-century, and much of the culture has moved on.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:58 AM

138 posts, read 112,153 times
Quote:
Maybe you should hang out with older dudes since the males of this generation are so beneath you.

or

Of course here on CD, many posters will not pass the opportunity to start chest thumping and roast millennial males. CD's acceptable target.

Sounds like things hit a little close to home huh? Shocked that a fellow millennial reacts this way...

102,200 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:

or

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I do not get the connection either.
I also notice that the OP hasn't come back to this thread. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they had to go to school or work.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffortPoaster View Post
Sounds like things hit a little close to home huh? Shocked that a fellow millennial reacts this way...
Keep telling yourself whatever gets you through the day my keyboard warrior friend.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:47 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Quote:
I also notice that the OP hasn't come back to this thread. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they had to go to school or work.
They usually never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships