Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 03:14 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Happy Friday everyone! Woke up feeling crummy this morning, so I pulled out an old favorite, Winnebago Man, to lighten the mood. Warning - there is colorful language!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWUWPx2VeQ
When I heard this all I could think of was Casey Kasem having his own melt down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUk6yX3PBo

Have a great weekend everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 03:40 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
When I heard this all I could think of was Casey Kasem having his own melt down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUk6yX3PBo

Have a great weekend everyone!
That was brilliant, I listened to it 3 times just now! One good turn deserves another, so I'll just leave a little "Democracy Manifest" for the weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeihcfYft9w

Old 08-27-2021, 04:27 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Aw, kittens! I'm glad you're planning on getting the mama and older babies fixed. I follow a lot of kitten rescues on Instagram (it's like therapy to watch kittens!) but they're all swamped with new kittens and begging people to get their cats fixed.

I've got plans to meet a friend for brunch on Sunday, but she wants to meet at 8:30AM, which is like sacrilege for me as a non-morning person. As far as I'm concerned, Sunday mornings are for watching cooking shows and British crime dramas in my pajamas until at least noon, but I will make an exception because I haven't seen this friend in forever.
I am exactly the same! In my world, weekends are for sleeping in.

Have fun with your friend!

I follow a lot of animal rescues too and have seen the overload of pets that need good homes. It is insane!

Old 08-27-2021, 06:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Happy Friday everyone! Woke up feeling crummy this morning, so I pulled out an old favorite, Winnebago Man, to lighten the mood. Warning - there is colorful language!

That is awesome. That is me one some days. Like today. 700 miles of driving. Hauling machinery is fun. My old war horse pickup and trailer handled it like a champ. The whole thing went off without a hitch. Just when I think I should replace my 16 year old pickup, it was flawless and makes me appreciate the ol’ diesel.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:05 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:

The more I watch it, the more it captures the essence of RV ownership. Thinking about my times dragging campers out and about.

Old 08-28-2021, 05:21 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Happy Friday!

Checking in and sending good vibes to everyone. Any exciting weekend plans? If so, stay safe

I finally got back to the gym this this month. Yay me, right? Well................. I am OLD and CREAKY! I feel sore everyday and I don't even go everyday. It's hilarious.

Thank you to those who reach out via DM to check on me, much appreciated. Things are going OK. I joined a grief group as well as having weekly calls with a therapist. My mom is doing OK too, finally got all of the legal stuff done in regards to the death of my step dad so that was a big relief.

About 5 weeks ago, we had a stray cat have babies in a box in our garage, so now I have 4 additional furry family members. They are SO cute! When they get of age, I will find good homes for the babies and get mama spayed so she doesn't have any more kittens. She likes it at my house so I may end up keeping her.

Life goes on!
In Atlanta for a voting rights March today on the same street MLK was born on. I went by that street yesterday along with a tour of the National Civil Rights museum and the experience was amazing.

Surprisingly my Southwest flight going to Atlanta actually left on time. Just hope I don’t have an issue heading back home.

Also, made a lot to progress in packing for my move. The bulk should be finished in the next week. Cannot wait to get to Charlotte!

Old 08-28-2021, 06:48 AM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I'm not trying to argue so much as expressing opinions and/or info which may cause cognitive dissonance to some. And that is an uncomfortable feeling for some people.

I've actually gotten DMs and reps from people thanking me for the info and agreeing with me, and even though there's more to say, the hatred and spite coming from some people is really something else, so I will stop so you all can have your fun chat thread back

*Backs slowly away from the chat*
(waves goodbye)

Old 08-28-2021, 08:39 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:

Hope your feeling better, DontH8Me.

Years ago we had a Winnebago Motor Home. One summer in August we were driving by West Yellowstone, on vacation. It was very Windy. The awning jumped off its track, & completely unfurled itself.
It took a lot of work & cussing but i finally got it rolled back up & back on its track...
I drilled some holes in the vertical rod mounts & put in bolts/washers/nuts
, to hold everything together. I never had a problema with the awning again...

Old 08-28-2021, 11:50 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Hello MLJ…… all the way from Lake Havasu, AZ. ( it’s 113 degrees here today). Back in the US of A visiting the folks for 2 or 3 weeks.
Sounds like things are looking up a little for you and your mom.
These things take time. I finally started going through some of my grandmother’s things and letting them go.
Thank you for rescuing the mother cat and kittens. That was very sweet of you.
I hope you are enjoying your visit! So hot...UGH!

Old 08-29-2021, 01:40 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I hope you are enjoying your visit! So hot...UGH!
My dad lived in havasu for many yrs. I was usually there two sometimes three times a year.

It's hotter than hell there, 2nd or 3rd hottest place in the whole world I think it was.

I can handle about 105 or so in the shade just relaxing, I can't hang too much past that. I gotta get my rear in the AC if it gets hotter.

Got a great taco joint on the main drag there called Humbertos. We used to go there every time we were there in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships