Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 03:44 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Bear in mind the data you are reading is from a vaccine that was released not even a year ago.

The could be just the tip of the iceberg.

And we don't know how many deaths have occurred that have not been connected to the vaccine but may be still have been caused by it.

Unless someone drops dead within minutes of getting the vaccine and has absolutely no other history of health issues, then the death won't be considered vaccine related.

But if a person dies weeks or months later, and they do an autopsy, and see blood clots. The coroners are going to say this person died of blood clots and this was likely a preexisting undx condition. They won't link it directly to the vaccine. If they got the vaccine in the past week or month or two? They can't say it's more than "coincidental timing."

So the actual number of people who have actually died as a direct result of the vaccine. This statistic does not exist publically.

Sometimes you gotta use your critical thinking skills. Be Sherlock Holmes. Put the pieces of the puzzle together.

To me it's an investigation in progress. I'm just sitting back and watching what unfolds. But I'm not comfortable with letting them inject that into me yet. Maybe some day I will be. And Ive every right to make that choice. We all have the right to refuse if we are not comfortable. And to educate ourselves as much as possible.
It's completely fair for you to make the decision you have made. I am not trying to sway any hearts or minds here. I respect your right to evaluate risks and make choices, and your bodily autonomy is a hill I would die on.

I am NOT judging anyone for choosing not to get the vaccine. My only point in even talking about any of that, is to share my rationale. And if new information comes my way from credible sources, I'm not opposed to adjusting my perspective. I've done that multiple times since this started. But thus far, I'm comfortable where I stand.

But I will not be moved by "Google it" or conspiracy type language. Not after the harm that the rabbit hole conspiracy mongering internet and right media have done to my family.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 04:02 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,280,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
It's completely fair for you to make the decision you have made. I am not trying to sway any hearts or minds here. I respect your right to evaluate risks and make choices, and your bodily autonomy is a hill I would die on.

I am NOT judging anyone for choosing not to get the vaccine. My only point in even talking about any of that, is to share my rationale. And if new information comes my way from credible sources, I'm not opposed to adjusting my perspective. I've done that multiple times since this started. But thus far, I'm comfortable where I stand.

But I will not be moved by "Google it" or conspiracy type language. Not after the harm that the rabbit hole conspiracy mongering internet and right media have done to my family.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.
And you've every right to be skeptical of oddball conspiracies.

What I'm saying here isn't an oddball conspiracy though. And Im not allied with science deniers or far right wingers, hate speech, what have you.

There's no need to conflate vaccine hesitancy with conspiracy crazies and such. There are sane people questioning these things.

My sister is skeptical of the vaccine and is not a science denier as she has a MS in science related to medicine. She is familiar with the science involved. She is a Nurse Pactitioner. She is also not a far right winger. She is in fact quite liberal. She attended UC Berkeley. She deplores Trump.

The vaccine issue is not political. It's medical. It's scientific. She is also not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch. This woman is the most sane down to earth woman you could ever know.

You can disagree with the popular opinion and not make it make you some oddball crazy weirdo.

Sometimes the popular opinion is worthy of being disagreed with.

I think most people have good intentions and aren't actively trying to cause harm so I'm not shouting "evil" "conspirator" at anyone here. But sometimes stepping back and taking a breath can cause one to look things from a fresh view. Keep an open mind and not let anxiety or public opinion sway you. The popular public discourse isn't always the correct or only thing to look at.

YouTube was recently fined $100,000 for unlawful censorship. They probably meant well in their decision but even a huge company like this can err. They were too quick on the draw to squash any opinion that wasn't the popular one.

https://news.yahoo.com/youtube-fined...175900070.html

Keep your minds open.

Last edited by moongirl00; 08-20-2021 at 04:11 PM..

Old 08-20-2021, 11:11 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
And I'm not an anti vaxxer. I got a ton of vaccines for typhoid and cholera and stuff before I went abroad a few years ago. And I paid about $400 for all of it.

But I'm just cautious about what I put in my body. A couple years or so ago there were people from the dept of Health standing outside the store offering free vaccines for something going around. They hassled everyone like salesmen going in and out all day for weeks. I refused. I don't get the flu shot either and have never gotten it.

I don't know anyone who has died of Covid. I know only one person who said he had it and it was like a cold/flu for a week or so. If I were surrounded by legions of people dying then I might be taking it more serious. As of now it's looking like a bunch of hoopla.

I almost wonder if years from now we will all look back on 2020/2021 and realize the entire world entered some kinda mass psychosis. Everyone freaked out over a cold/ flu.

But also I don't actually know people actually affected. Only on this forum I read posts about people who know people who've died or been hospitalized.

But nobody has a right to force or mandate you to take a vaccine you don't want to. And an "experimental" vaccine to boot. Your standard flu vaccine wouldn't be so bad but this vaccine technology is NEW and EXPERIMENTAL. It's an mRNA vaccine.

My sister has a masters degree in sciences related to medicine so I trust her opinions n more than a Joe blow. She's very skeptical of this vaccine.
My step dad died of Covid. This man was in our lives for almost 40 years. I could name others that I know who have also passed away or are suffering with the long haul trauma of having it, but he is the one that I saw try to fight it, with his oxygen level dropping to 18%, and he is also the one that I also had to say goodbye via a Zoom call. I got it in December and it was awful. My sister works in a hospital and the sadness that she has seen gives her nightmares. It is not "hoopla".

The callousness of some people just astounds me.

That being said... I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays safe.

Old 08-21-2021, 12:31 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL @ kidney stone.

I had a coworker that told me that passing a kidney stone was the worst pain he's ever had. This was a big dude, 6'4" and about 300 pounds.
Is there something about being tall and of "sturdy" weight that makes someone have a high pain tolerance? And being a 100 lb. 5'0" person have low tolerance?

Old 08-21-2021, 12:43 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
And I'm not an anti vaxxer. I got a ton of vaccines for typhoid and cholera and stuff before I went abroad a few years ago. And I paid about $400 for all of it.

But I'm just cautious about what I put in my body. A couple years or so ago there were people from the dept of Health standing outside the store offering free vaccines for something going around. They hassled everyone like salesmen going in and out all day for weeks. I refused. I don't get the flu shot either and have never gotten it.

I don't know anyone who has died of Covid. I know only one person who said he had it and it was like a cold/flu for a week or so. If I were surrounded by legions of people dying then I might be taking it more serious. As of now it's looking like a bunch of hoopla.

I almost wonder if years from now we will all look back on 2020/2021 and realize the entire world entered some kinda mass psychosis. Everyone freaked out over a cold/ flu.

But also I don't actually know people actually affected. Only on this forum I read posts about people who know people who've died or been hospitalized.

But nobody has a right to force or mandate you to take a vaccine you don't want to. And an "experimental" vaccine to boot. Your standard flu vaccine wouldn't be so bad but this vaccine technology is NEW and EXPERIMENTAL. It's an mRNA vaccine.

My sister has a masters degree in sciences related to medicine so I trust her opinions n more than a Joe blow. She's very skeptical of this vaccine.
I guess I'd be more tolerant of a "hoopla" judgement back when COVID deaths were at maybe around the 50,000 mark. Now that they're at ~625,000, would it just be "hoopla" if even 50% were somehow fake or misdiagnosed cases attributed to COVID? Do you truly think every news story, every single online accounting of sickness and death is a lie or "incorrect"?

I find that very odd thinking - all those deaths, millions of people sickened and some still suffering the consequences just "hoopla" because you haven't PERSONALLY experienced something. Are you so literal that you also don't believe in microbes or that there are people living in Antarctica because you haven't seen those? Believing is a choice and you are choosing not to believe something exists, despite much evidence to the contrary.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:45 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I guess I'd be more tolerant of a "hoopla" judgement back when COVID deaths were at maybe around the 50,000 mark. Now that they're at ~625,000, would it just be "hoopla" if even 50% were somehow fake or misdiagnosed cases attributed to COVID? Do you truly think every news story, every single online accounting of sickness and death is a lie or "incorrect"?

I find that very odd thinking - all those deaths, millions of people sickened and some still suffering the consequences just "hoopla" because you haven't PERSONALLY experienced something. Are you so literal that you also don't believe in microbes or that there are people living in Antarctica because you haven't seen those? Believing is a choice and you are choosing not to believe something exists, despite much evidence to the contrary.
All of this.

Old 08-21-2021, 03:24 PM

415 posts, read 545,750 times
I am getting really tired of the smoke from all of the fires in Northern California. I went looking for a vented n95 mask today and they were sold out at both Lowes and Home Depot.

Is there are part of the country that isn't dealing with wild fire smoke that isn't also isn't real humid and or have rough winters?

Old 08-21-2021, 03:50 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Is there something about being tall and of "sturdy" weight that makes someone have a high pain tolerance? And being a 100 lb. 5'0" person have low tolerance?
Let that big sturdy guy push out a set of twins or even just one. Lol

Last edited by Sydney123; 08-21-2021 at 04:20 PM..

Old 08-21-2021, 08:20 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnitjanet View Post
I am getting really tired of the smoke from all of the fires in Northern California. I went looking for a vented n95 mask today and they were sold out at both Lowes and Home Depot.

Is there are part of the country that isn't dealing with wild fire smoke that isn't also isn't real humid and or have rough winters?
Define real humid. If you mean not Gulf of Mexico humid, North Carolina could work for you.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:52 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,280,819 times
Quote:

I'm not saying there is not an illness and it's not causing death. And even people on this forum know people who have died and that is a tragedy and I don't mean to sound insensitive to people's suffering.

What I am referring to is the fact that it's a sickness with a 99%+ survival rate and many cases are asymptomatic and the person never even knows they are sick. So it's hard to compare this illness with say HIV which back when it first came out would have a 100% fatality rate to anyone infected. Or Ebola which also has a high fatality.

So while Covid is not "nothing" I think the measures the world have taken are extreme given what it is. Literally almost the entire world quarantined, isolated, wore masks everywhere, business shut down, schools stopped attendance, hospital visits stopped for anything but Covid, etc. for an illness that has a 99% survival rate ....leading to an increase in suicide, mental health issues, unemployment, domestic violence, child death due to parental abuse, cancer cases not being caught early or treated, etc. How many people have died and suffered due to the collateral damage of the Covid restrictions?

And now they are trying to force/mandate/coerce an untested experimental vaccine on everyone whether they are high risk or not or already have the antibodies or not, for an illness that you are more than likely to survive if you get it or even get it and not even know you have it.

That said, those people who are high risk should not be unnecessarily exposed or made to get sick, so, we could have quarantined the elderly or high risk or anyone who wanted to quarantine (make it voluntary) and allow the rest of society to function, and slowly build up natural immunity as the young and healthy would spread the virus amongst each other but most would survive as if they had caught the common cold or seasonal flu. And there would have been no need to rush a vaccine just to get society going again to get out of a lockdown.

So my logic here, is, we shut down the entire world for over a year and did huge harm to economies, families, countries, individuals, making the prevention or cure much worse than the disease. It was an over the top, hysterical reaction.

It all could have been handled much better and I'm certainly not the only one to think this. There was a petition, the Great Barrington Declaration, started by some experts from Harvard, Stanford, and Oxford, saying this exact same thing and asking to repeal the Covid restrictions and has received almost 1000000 signatures. But it's being pretty much ignored.
As for what you see on the news, remember, if it bleeds it leads. Getting ratings and making money is the primary motive so there is a reason they might overblow things. Of course there are things happening that I don't see and I dont have to experience it personally to know it's happening. But I know what paying too much attention to sensationalist journalism can do to people's perceptions. Journalists and news shows etc. are trolling us all in the sense that the more they can rile you up and cause a reaction in you the better they are doing their job.

The Great Barrington Declaration https://gbdeclaration.org/

Last edited by moongirl00; 08-22-2021 at 09:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships