Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 07:40 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,405,099 times

Advertisements

I don’t know what people think about me on this thread, but as long as my GF continues to love me, I’m a happy man.
Also, we had a unusual surge of warm weather this weekend, and it sort of looks odd when I’m wearing a sleeveless polo, but the trees are all barren. It didn’t feel odd though:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/saJC6P2iPFnNukSJ7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 09:30 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,863 times
Chilly nights here in SoCal. Yay!!!

Old 11-10-2020, 10:02 AM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Yeah, somewhere a weather switch was flipped as it's getting really chilly here, at least by our standards, people back east would laugh at us, but we're weather wimps, at least I am.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
It hit 80 here. Too bad it’s a Tuesday. I’m wearing shorts....in November, and have my fan on. This is unreal. If it were not for COVID outbreaks I’d have gone to the beach.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, somewhere a weather switch was flipped as it's getting really chilly here, at least by our standards, people back east would laugh at us, but we're weather wimps, at least I am.
Well, Florida is in the East and they think 60 is cold. So not everyone out East has the same perception of cold. The rich guys here have a winter home in Tampa or Myrtle beach.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:45 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We're having what would be called in less politically correct times, "Indian Summer". It's been sunny and clear and in the 70s for about a week. Gray and chilly and damp starts back up tomorrow.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:49 AM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Our weather the last couple of weeks has been bizarre to say the least. 90's one day, couple of days later 60's. Now it's low 50s as of 9am, 10am or so in the west coast.

We don't usually get low 50's in the day till late December or January.

Old 11-10-2020, 11:10 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
I don’t know what people think about me on this thread, but as long as my GF continues to love me, I’m a happy man.
Also, we had a unusual surge of warm weather this weekend, and it sort of looks odd when I’m wearing a sleeveless polo, but the trees are all barren. It didn’t feel odd though:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/saJC6P2iPFnNukSJ7
Yeah it started out bitingly cold this morning and we had snow on and off yesterday, but the sun is out and I think it's actually going to be a warm day, today. But Colorado weather is so all over the place, I don't think that anyone has any standards or expectations about seasonal attire. I've seen heavy winter coats paired with shorts many times.

I have an idea what some other posters think of me, the good and the bad. I don't fuss about it. I've seen it as a little silly when someone has messaged me and let me know that some other poster said something negative to them about me... I usually think about it for a second like, "But is it true though? At least sometimes?" Usually, yeah, it's a fair enough opinion, given that someone doesn't know me in person, in 3 dimensions as it were. But it always feels like an attempt to see if I'll play a high school drama game. "Well, SO AND SO said, that YOU SAID, that you thought that I was a..." All mean girls like. lol. Pass on that.

And there are definitely times I know I'm 100% guilty as charged. *shrug* Whaddya gonna do?

But you're right. It's nice to be loved and happy. I stubbornly wish it upon all of our lonely hearts club. Except the few who insist that they don't want to be loved...I wish them...um...tacos and happiness?

Nice photo! Cool shades!

Old 11-10-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah it started out bitingly cold this morning and we had snow on and off yesterday, but the sun is out and I think it's actually going to be a warm day, today. But Colorado weather is so all over the place, I don't think that anyone has any standards or expectations about seasonal attire. I've seen heavy winter coats paired with shorts many times.

I have an idea what some other posters think of me, the good and the bad. I don't fuss about it. I've seen it as a little silly when someone has messaged me and let me know that some other poster said something negative to them about me... I usually think about it for a second like, "But is it true though? At least sometimes?" Usually, yeah, it's a fair enough opinion, given that someone doesn't know me in person, in 3 dimensions as it were. But it always feels like an attempt to see if I'll play a high school drama game. "Well, SO AND SO said, that YOU SAID, that you thought that I was a..." All mean girls like. lol. Pass on that.

And there are definitely times I know I'm 100% guilty as charged. *shrug* Whaddya gonna do?

But you're right. It's nice to be loved and happy. I stubbornly wish it upon all of our lonely hearts club. Except the few who insist that they don't want to be loved...I wish them...um...tacos and happiness?

Nice photo! Cool shades!
I used to be part of the lonely hearts club, in 2 phases. During my first phase when I was in college 5 years ago, I was a bit desperate and immature for a relationship. I wanted a woman who looked hot and found me sexy, and I made a bad choice. 8 months after it started, I went through a painful breakup because she was constantly wasting my hard earned money and with a heavy heart and tears rolling down my face I had to call it quits. She was playing my emotions and then wasting my hard earned money.
That made me feel sour towards relationships for quite some time and it took me several months to recover. I changed my strategy from then on. Looks didn’t matter, I wanted someone who respected me and my personality at heart. I learned more about myself and what my core values were. And then I reentered the dating scene 18 months back. I met my GF a year back, and ever since then we have been together. Of course, we do have occasional disagreements (because no 2 people can be perfect), but we are able to sort it through talking with each other and learn what each other expect. I admit, I was an idiot in my early 20’s, and I wasted a year of time which I’m still regretting.

On a unrelated note, what’s with all the spammy relationship ads appearing whenever I click a thread on this forum...It’s super creepy.

Last edited by FrozenI69; 11-10-2020 at 12:59 PM..

Old 11-10-2020, 01:56 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
I used to be part of the lonely hearts club, in 2 phases. During my first phase when I was in college 5 years ago, I was a bit desperate and immature for a relationship. I wanted a woman who looked hot and found me sexy, and I made a bad choice. 8 months after it started, I went through a painful breakup because she was constantly wasting my hard earned money and with a heavy heart and tears rolling down my face I had to call it quits. She was playing my emotions and then wasting my hard earned money.
That made me feel sour towards relationships for quite some time and it took me several months to recover. I changed my strategy from then on. Looks didn’t matter, I wanted someone who respected me and my personality at heart. I learned more about myself and what my core values were. And then I reentered the dating scene 18 months back. I met my GF a year back, and ever since then we have been together. Of course, we do have occasional disagreements (because no 2 people can be perfect), but we are able to sort it through talking with each other and learn what each other expect. I admit, I was an idiot in my early 20’s, and I wasted a year of time which I’m still regretting.

On a unrelated note, what’s with all the spammy relationship ads appearing whenever I click a thread on this forum...It’s super creepy.
I did not used to get popup ads when navigating around the site, but now I do. Mine are for a car dealership, though. Always the same one. They know I have perused the market, doing research for next year when I hope to get a new car, if I can accomplish a few financial objectives between now and then.

(On the bright side, I've made my choice, I am going to get a Mazda CX-5. It'll be the first vehicle I ever owned that wasn't a Dodge Caravan.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships