Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2020, 06:44 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,405,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I have considered shooting him. I don't want to deal with removing feathers. I already have a turkey in the freezer that I am considering giving away. I don't think turkey hunting is a big thing in my area.

He was quite fun to watch when he was out in the fields with a couple hens. I don't know what happened to them. He now wants to admire his reflection my windows. I am hoping a coyote or bobcat will get him.
The pheasant population here is so high they they highly recommend people to hunt them. They are also super annoying and often block traffic on local roads. Turkey hunting is much more regulated. Preserved pheasants are also great for making East Indian chicken curries . I don’t eat red meat or fish, so poultry is a key source of my protein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 10:32 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
I get my new company pickup next week. Went and checked out where my new office is going to be. I even have a window to look out.

I also have a decent setup to work from home, too. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Old 10-29-2020, 11:04 AM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I get my new company pickup next week. Went and checked out where my new office is going to be. I even have a window to look out.

I also have a decent setup to work from home, too. So I have that going for me, which is nice.
Sounds good. Nice deal to be able to work from home when you can. I'm hoping that after this pandemic we'll be able to work form home a couple days of week. I'm either at the office or occasionally visiting projects. There really is no need for me to have to sit in a specific work office. I've got a senior manager that is sort of old school and doesn't like people working from home, so we'll see if we can keep working from home when this is over, since we've been doing it since early March. I think that this whole thing is shaking up businesses in how we work and all of that.

Most of my work career I've had company vehicles. It's been nice. We've been able to save lots of money over the years by being able to keep personal vehicles a WHOLE lot longer than otherwise. Not having car payments for many years is a nice upside.

Now with this job I'm in now, it's been almost 3 yrs now, I don't have a company vehicle and I do miss it. You can save a lot more money if you play your cards right.

That's why I've been talking about buy a new car for a while now, if I'm stuck having to have a newer car with a payment, might as well get what I really want. I went too cheap when I got the xB, good little car, but it's not me. LOL.

Anyway it's cool that you have a window. That can really make a lot of difference. You see those cubicle farms in large offices with limited windows to look out of and it's just gross as hell to me.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
I had a van that I shared with a partner for the last 4 years. It’s nice. My work day started when I radioed that I was in service. It ended when I radio in again that I was off duty.

I worked in some pretty places. I also ran into some major rolling wrecks. Responded to crashes. Worked in utter cold and hotter than hell. I enjoyed both. I will still get some time roadside with the new job. It’s mostly office work now. I will enjoy the challenge.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:56 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
I just want to share real quick like, I'm watching David Byrne's American Utopia for the second time on HBO right now, and if anyone is here who has or would consider getting HBO ($15 for a month but easy to cancel) and who likes The Talking Heads, or David Byrne's awkwardness-as-art thing... This is utterly magnificent.

This will be a thing that I try to get a bluray of, I'm gonna need to watch this now and then. It gets into my heart and gives me joy, and I need stuff like that.

Old 10-29-2020, 02:23 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I just want to share real quick like, I'm watching David Byrne's American Utopia for the second time on HBO right now, and if anyone is here who has or would consider getting HBO ($15 for a month but easy to cancel) and who likes The Talking Heads, or David Byrne's awkwardness-as-art thing... This is utterly magnificent.

This will be a thing that I try to get a bluray of, I'm gonna need to watch this now and then. It gets into my heart and gives me joy, and I need stuff like that.
Don't we all. The things that speak to us tell us who we are.

Old 10-30-2020, 12:52 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I have considered shooting him. I don't want to deal with removing feathers. I already have a turkey in the freezer that I am considering giving away. I don't think turkey hunting is a big thing in my area.

He was quite fun to watch when he was out in the fields with a couple hens. I don't know what happened to them. He now wants to admire his reflection my windows. I am hoping a coyote or bobcat will get him.

You only have to remove feathers if you're going to roast it. I often don't bother with pheasants, quail, etc.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:54 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,405,586 times
From 33 F today to 70 F by next weekend. Gotta love the temp roller coaster. Glad I got my flu shot, otherwise I’d become sick. I also enrolled in a new health insurance plans, because they were downsizing plans from 5 to 2. I have my virtual ID card, but my physical copy was lost by USPS. Ugh

Old 10-31-2020, 10:40 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
I tracked my vote, it was received and counted.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:42 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
Sad to learn Sean Connery died. Like a fine wine, he only got better with age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships