Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 09:35 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia25 View Post
Anyone have a nice funny relationship story?
I've got some, but I feel like I've told most of them a lot of times... OK, something that happened recently. I don't know that it's all that funny, but it was pretty sweet.

I'd had a rough day, just lots of stressful stuff to deal with. And I needed to run to the grocery store, and my grocery store mails us really good coupons every month. Like they send you coupons for stuff you actually buy on your rewards card and they can save you like $5-10. I had several I wanted to use and they expired that day, so I needed to use them.

So I went, got my shopping done, and got home and put everything away and I was ready to be DONE with my day and just chill. And I was standing in the kitchen talking to my husband when my hand strayed over my jeans pocket and I was like, "what's this.....oh @$#@Q$#!!!!"

It was my coupons. I'd forgotten to use them.

I know, however, that you can take your receipt and go back to the store and at customer service they will actually apply your coupons and give you cash back. I stood there whining, "I could go back...should I? Ugghnnnn I don't WANNA... I'm tired, and I wanted to be done with stuff..." and after a moment's internal debate, I decided I WAS done and I was NOT going back out just for my $6 or whatever it was and the heck with it, I was gonna go take a nap. I tossed the stupid coupons and the stupid receipt on the dining table and went to my room to lay down.

I had ZERO expectation that anything further would occur with regards to this situation. I missed the boat, oh well. Cutting my losses.

When I woke up, I found that my husband, while I was napping, had taken my receipt and my coupons and had gone to the store, and got me my money and had left it on the table where I'd tossed everything in disgust earlier. He knows very well that I don't expect him to solve problems I have like this, and he's normally just a good listener when I'm grousing about life or whatever. But he did, he went and got me my cash.

And that's the kind of little everyday thing, just...it was very thoughtful of him. I never thought I'd have a husband who did such nice things for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 09:28 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I've got some, but I feel like I've told most of them a lot of times... OK, something that happened recently. I don't know that it's all that funny, but it was pretty sweet.

I'd had a rough day, just lots of stressful stuff to deal with. And I needed to run to the grocery store, and my grocery store mails us really good coupons every month. Like they send you coupons for stuff you actually buy on your rewards card and they can save you like $5-10. I had several I wanted to use and they expired that day, so I needed to use them.

So I went, got my shopping done, and got home and put everything away and I was ready to be DONE with my day and just chill. And I was standing in the kitchen talking to my husband when my hand strayed over my jeans pocket and I was like, "what's this.....oh @$#@Q$#!!!!"

It was my coupons. I'd forgotten to use them.

I know, however, that you can take your receipt and go back to the store and at customer service they will actually apply your coupons and give you cash back. I stood there whining, "I could go back...should I? Ugghnnnn I don't WANNA... I'm tired, and I wanted to be done with stuff..." and after a moment's internal debate, I decided I WAS done and I was NOT going back out just for my $6 or whatever it was and the heck with it, I was gonna go take a nap. I tossed the stupid coupons and the stupid receipt on the dining table and went to my room to lay down.

I had ZERO expectation that anything further would occur with regards to this situation. I missed the boat, oh well. Cutting my losses.

When I woke up, I found that my husband, while I was napping, had taken my receipt and my coupons and had gone to the store, and got me my money and had left it on the table where I'd tossed everything in disgust earlier. He knows very well that I don't expect him to solve problems I have like this, and he's normally just a good listener when I'm grousing about life or whatever. But he did, he went and got me my cash.

And that's the kind of little everyday thing, just...it was very thoughtful of him. I never thought I'd have a husband who did such nice things for me.
This is a really sweet story.

Your husband sounds like such a dear.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:58 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When things go south, man, they really go south.

It started off a week and a half ago. Mrs. Chow's mother had a flood in her bathroom. It flooded half the house. We had to bring in a remediation crew and deal with insurance companies and all of that.

From that point on every single thing that could go wrong has gone wrong. This whole event causing her mother to move into a hotel until we can get our house read for her to come here must have triggered something in her, not being in her familiar environment etc etc. She was already having physically problems and I'm sure she's 2nd stage Alzheimer's, not sure why her doc hasn't ran test on her already, but whatever.

She just literally 2 weeks ago was still living at home with a lady coming in to help her out. I don't know what happened but she just fell off the cliff. Mumbles and doesn't make any sense. She can't hardly move. We're trying to take care of her but I think we're in over our heads. The work at the house just threw a wrench into everything. The hotel she's at is ADA compliant but I think the room is not avaiable next week so we've got to scramble to get our house ready or find another hotel to move her to but that might stress her out too, multiple moves.

We're having issues with her sun downing at night, that's a real treat if you aren't aware, give it a quick search. She almost turns into a complete other person late afternoon into the night. It's almost a blessing she can't move as they tend to wonder around at night and pace.

Mrs. Chow's back is starting to give out trying to help move her mom around, our lady that comes in and helps out seems like she's playing games with us for one reason or another, a whole long story that is too much to get into.

I could go on, everything is just a series of events that I've never in my live seen come together to cause a total nightmare. One of our cars is having issues, her mom's car is acting weird at times too.

Mrs. Chows cell phone is on the blink.

I'm sicker than a dog, don't know if it's COVID or not, feels like the flu, but I guess COVID tends to have similar symptoms. We're busier than F at work now, for weeks and weeks projects slid schedule wise, now that are all sliding together to hit at once. I'm typing this and I can hardly think I'm so tired and worn out. My ribs are sore from coughing

Mrs. Chow is worn out from taking care of her mom in a hotel, which makes things harder. Her mom's back is beyond jacked up, she's bent over and her spine is like a pretzel so her back hurts her, so we can't just pick her up and move her as it causes her pain. She's probably all of 105 pounds, but having that back issue makes things harder.

We have to get her house ready to get sold as she's got a reverse mortgage on it and if you move you out and don't live there anymore you have to begin to try and sell it. We only have so much time to do that as the helper lady only works so many days a week. We don't know how we're going to pay for nursing home yet, need to figure that out. Her mother was using the reverse mortgage to help supplement her income as she's on SS only and get's diddly from that. I think she might qualify for state assistance for the home, but need to start checking into that.

I know that there is more, just skimming the highlights.

I was hoping to keep her here at home with us, but I think we're in over our heads. I don't know. We're looking at websites talking about this and how it can really be hard on families as you get caregiver burnout and all of that.

Like I've said, I've never seen a series of events come together like these have in my whole life.

I know at some point in our lives we'll look back on this time and possible laugh, I don't know.

Right now, it's doubtful.
State Assistance might be the way to go.

I dont know about your state, but where I am, Medicaid recipients qualify for an aide 24/7 and many other benefits Medicare doesnt cover. Unless her home is worth a million or more, a nursing home can handle that for her. If you bother to go through the trouble of fixing it up to get more money or anything, she will have to spend that money before qualifying for public assistance.

There are social workers and even organizations that can help sort out the financial issues for the elderly and their families. It might help if you guys take the time to find out what 'the deal is' in your state.

In looking for a home, try to find a facility that doesnt just 'warehouse' people, but also has activities that stimulates them mentally and physically. At the very least, it will take stress off Ms. Chow to know she found the best place she could for her mom.

Good luck!

Old 08-18-2021, 11:52 AM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Over the weekend I tested positive for the Covid antibodies. Apparently I’ve already had it and didn’t even know. I don’t recall being ( feeling ill). Andre is getting the vaccine, but I am still on the fence. It’s looking more and more that with the mandates here ( France)….eventually one is going to be “forced†to get the jabs or become a social pariah. Doing my best to research, but who the heck is one to believe with the “so called†experts flip flopping on an almost daily basis? And… don’t even get me started on the CD armchair scientists! Lol

Old 08-18-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Over the weekend I tested positive for the Covid antibodies. Apparently I’ve already had it and didn’t even know. I don’t recall being ( feeling ill). Andre is getting the vaccine, but I am still on the fence. It’s looking more and more that with the mandates here ( France)….eventually one is going to be “forced†to get the jabs or become a social pariah. Doing my best to research, but who the heck is one to believe with the “so called†experts flip flopping on an almost daily basis? And… don’t even get me started on the CD armchair scientists! Lol
I'm with you on the skepticism. My sister has a MS in nursing and she is adamant about NOT getting the jab. If it ever becomes mandated she'd prefer to pay close to $1000 for a fake vaccine card than get it. I've been looking more into it after talking to her and it's sketchy stuff.

Former Pfizer VP Michael Yeadon has some interesting and informative stuff to say about it but he's been mostly banned from YouTube. His interviews can be found on bitchute though.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/qs9X8Blr4Ucv/

Old 08-18-2021, 12:02 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I'm with you on the skepticism. My sister has a MS in nursing and she is adamant about NOT getting the jab. If it ever becomes mandated she'd prefer to pay close to $1000 for a fake vaccine card than get it. I've been looking more into it after talking to her and it's sketchy stuff.

Former Pfizer VP Michael Yeadon has some interesting and informative stuff to say about it but he's been mostly banned from YouTube. His interviews can be found on bitchute though.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/qs9X8Blr4Ucv/
Please don't use this platform to spread misinformation from someone who's been banned from YouTube.

Fact check: Ex-Pfizer scientist repeats COVID-19 vaccine misinformation in recorded speech

Old 08-18-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Please don't use this platform to spread misinformation from someone who's been banned from YouTube.

Fact check: Ex-Pfizer scientist repeats COVID-19 vaccine misinformation in recorded speech
I believe people have a right to full disclosure especially when it comes to their health. I don't believe in censorship. Dr. Yeadon is a credible source given his long career working with vaccines.

Anybody can choose not to watch the video if they don't want to. But for anyone who is interested I think they are entitled access to information.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:11 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
We're living in times now where we tend to throw around terms like misinformation a little too lightly. There is always much much more to a given narrative than what you may or may not hear in the media. We need to treat a bit lightly and use a bit more caution in my opinion than to simply write off a given opinion without a detailed thoroughly unbiased examination.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:13 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
I won't get into talks about what evidence for or against stuff is out on the internet. And I won't talk about that one pharmacist or nurse or something (who after all, are NOT epidemiologists) who refuses the shot. I feel that people are pretty well dug in mostly on their positions.

I think last year when we were just getting used to the idea of the virus itself and I had a few people in my peripheral life who were not even sure it was real, I considered it as such... In the Spring of last year, I knew people who had lost people. I did not know anyone directly who had died of it. Eventually I knew people who reported having been sick with it, but recovered. Then in the Fall/Winter, a few people I actually knew died, and a lot of people I knew got ill and got better. Even more second degree contacts (family members or friends of friends) died.

At the least, I was hearing something from people in my own network. Not a huge sample size against the world's whole human population, but...I don't think that this information was lies.

I have received the vaccine. I have had no ill effects from it. Even in the immediate time after, only very mild fatigue for less than a whole day, and very mild soreness in my arm. Same with my husband. Many (hundreds) of my social contacts got vaccinated. The worst I heard was that some on the second shot felt very sick but all recovered within 3 days max. Most had no illness. None have had any unexpected or unusual health problems crop up since. A few people have had breakthrough cases where they tested positive for Covid, but none of those were seriously ill.

I no longer want to sit here and try to persuade anyone or lecture anyone...ya'll have your mindset about it, I've got mine. I'll only share my direct observations.

I feel completely fine about having got the "jab." If it is recommended at some point to do boosters, I will.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:18 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We're living in times now where we tend to throw around terms like misinformation a little too lightly. There is always much much more to a given narrative than what you may or may not hear in the media. We need to treat a bit lightly and use a bit more caution in my opinion than to simply write off a given opinion without a detailed thoroughly unbiased examination.
Reuters did an entire expose on the person moongirl mentioned, so I feel pretty safe calling him out for misinformation: https://www.reuters.com/investigates...ccines-skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I believe people have a right to full disclosure especially when it comes to their health. I don't believe in censorship. Dr. Yeadon is a credible source given his long career working with vaccines.
He lost his job with Pfizer in 2011, and he worked in the allergy division, not with vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships