Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2021, 09:03 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Why are people always dumping on Millennials? Generation Xer’s gave birth to and raised us. How about taking some responsibility for how you raised us and how we turned out?
I haven't raised anyone, so it's not on me.

Anyway, I didn't consider that a "dump" on Millennials, more of an observation. I have been in conversations with colleagues in their 30s where they fuss over, "he used a period instead of an exclamation point--is he mad at me?" Conversely, apparently Boomers hate the phrase, "No problem!" Work life is a rich tapestry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 12:36 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Lol… I was just messing with y’all.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:49 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
My access to CD is finally back. Kind of weird how that worked, never seen an issue where you couldn't access a site like CD for two days.

Probably a good thing, need to ween myself off of here a little bit.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:51 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
We are glad you are back with full access. !

Old 09-03-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My access to CD is finally back. Kind of weird how that worked, never seen an issue where you couldn't access a site like CD for two days.

Probably a good thing, need to ween myself off of here a little bit.
I am still waiting for a report on the new hot rod Chow. Have you jumped on it yet? Tickets?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
We are glad you are back with full access. !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am still waiting for a report on the new hot rod Chow. Have you jumped on it yet? Tickets?
Inquiring minds want to know.
I'm really loving this Challenger, great car. Went with the Burgundy, I polled everyone here and they all said no black. I was on the fence color wise, I'm glad I didn't go with the black now.

Just a day or so ago I was pulling out onto the street and there was a lot of traffic and only a few openings. I had a small window so I did jump on it and the damn car tires squealed like a big dawg and I did a small fishtail too.

I'm driving along thinking to myself "Jesus, I'm glad I didn't get the V8 after all."

Last edited by Chowhound; 09-03-2021 at 02:31 PM..

Old 09-03-2021, 01:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:

I'm really loving this Challenger, great car. Went with the Burgundy, I polled everyone here and they all said no black. I was on the fence color wise, I'm glad I didn't go with the black now.

Just a day or so ago I was pulling out onto the street and there was a lot of traffic and only a few openings. I had a small window so I did jump on it and the damn car tires squealed like a big dawg and I did a small fishtale too.

I'm driving along thinking to myself "Jesus, I'm glad I didn't get the V8 after all."
That V6 has decent performance. It does work a bit harder at 10,000 feet. I am happy with the v6 in my ride.

Old 09-03-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That V6 has decent performance. It does work a bit harder at 10,000 feet. I am happy with the v6 in my ride.
There's a guy that has a Charger hemi 392 V8 in my parking garage and that sucker just rumbles at an idle. I wanted a 300 originally. Then a Charger, then the Challenger. Those two were always neck and neck with me. I was only going to get one if I got an 8 cylinder, hence the 300 option. Once I said screw it to the V8 I jumped over to the other two.

I guess I'll shut up now, I bored the forum for a couple of yrs waffling over my decision.

We've got the MIL in a nursing home now and it's really causing me to reevaluate some things. Like not waiting two yrs to get something you really want, trying to really appreciate the little things in life.

Anyways, hope everyone has a good long weekend.

Last edited by Chowhound; 09-03-2021 at 02:33 PM..

Old 09-03-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
There's a guy that has a Charger hemi 392 V8 in my parking garage and that sucker just rumbles at an idle. I wanted a 300 originally. Then a Charger, then the Challenger. Those two were always neck and neck with me. I was only going to get one if I got an 8 cylinder, hence the 300 option. Once I said screw it to the V8 I jumped over to the other two.

I guess I'll shut up now, I bored the forum for a couplke of yrs waffling over my decision.

We've got the MIL in a nursing home now and it's really causing me to reevaluate some things. Like not waiting two yrs to get something you really want, trying to really appreciate the little things in life.

Anyways, hope everyone has a good long weekend.
My dad just got a new Jeep Wrangler 392 with the 6.4L hemi. I got to drive it off-road and that thing fly’s!
I like car talk. Growing up with a dad who’s a classic car nut I learned a lot about cars and have driven some pretty fast ones.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Sydney, I pulled up to a '57 Chevy Bel Air with original two-tone paint just this morning - it was a sight to behold.

The old retired guy who lived on the corner of my street restored cars as a hobby, only worked with cars older than 1965. He passed away a few years ago. His garage opened into the side street, so whenever I was coming home for work, I could peek at whichever car he was working on. It's a pity his kids weren't the tinkering type, they got rid of all his stuff after he passed away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships