Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2021, 11:17 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

Congrats Chow. You did Good. Now you can grudge race in the Quarter Mile. We used to do that at the airport in Salinas, CA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 08:16 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Thanks for the congrats guys.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:53 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, the car finally arrived at the dealership and I picked it up yesterday. Went with the Burgundy. The car looks better in person than in pics, that's for sure.

My Scion I used to drive was light and it was a good little car, kind of bounced around a lot as you drove it as it's smaller and lighter. The Challenger, you get inside and it's much 'denser' if that makes any sense. You jump on the pedal and it's got a lot more jump and a nice growl to go with.

They gave me more than I thought they would for my trade-in and I also thought I owed more on the Scion than I actually did. I ended up putting a much smaller down payment on top of the trade in than I had planned for so that is nice. I also bought at a semi-good time as I was looking at the CarMax and other websites waiting for the car to show up and I was seeing Challengers with about the same specs as mine and the asking prices were to 2k to 3k higher than what I locked in at. Prices across the board are starting to rise.

So....feeling pretty good about all of that.
Yay!!! Happy for you

Old 06-17-2021, 11:58 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Can't beat that new car feeling!

I went and paid for the premium car wash on my shiny new car the other day and the very next day I went out and it looked like a yellow powdered doughnut again. The trees around here are out of control!

Old 06-17-2021, 02:33 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Do you have pollen allergies? I used to have a real problem with oak pollen, but I did 2 years of allergy shots and that fixed that problem. It was totally worth it.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
Do you have pollen allergies? I used to have a real problem with oak pollen, but I did 2 years of allergy shots and that fixed that problem. It was totally worth it.
Not to whatever is happening now. My main allergy season is in the fall. I've always assumed ragweed to be the main culprit, but never knew for sure. It's been a very long time since I had allergy testing and it's not really bad enough for me to want to pursue that.

I take Claritin every day, year round. I think it works better as a maintenance drug than one for flare ups of symptoms. I don't react to my cat (despite being allergic to some cats) and it diminishes the severity of my seasonal and dust/mold allergies significantly.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:23 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Can't beat that new car feeling!

I went and paid for the premium car wash on my shiny new car the other day and the very next day I went out and it looked like a yellow powdered doughnut again. The trees around here are out of control!
That has to be maddening. Pollen was absolutely awful in NC in March and April. At one time, I could swear the cars outside my apartment were at least 5 coats think with pollen.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
That has to be maddening. Pollen was absolutely awful in NC in March and April. At one time, I could swear the cars outside my apartment were at least 5 coats think with pollen.
I'm really wondering, should I just wipe it down with a chamois or other soft car washing material, just to knock the stupid pollen off? It's annoying. I can't do full on car washing, it's against the rules because I have to park on the street or in neighborhood parking, I don't have a driveway.

Harumph.

Old 06-18-2021, 03:48 PM

I saw this on my Facebook feed, thought I'd share...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIk1Oi3Azug

Old 06-18-2021, 04:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I saw this on my Facebook feed, thought I'd share...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIk1Oi3Azug
Uffda. My white work car had a nice coating on it last week. I washed my Jeep before heading to Denver last week. Saturday morning it had a nice coating of pine pollen. Stood out like a sore thumb on the black car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships