Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 05:00 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Dr. John Campbell is not a medical doctor. He is a nurse with a Ph.D (in education). Very different. Bright guy, but not a medical doctor.

Dr. Dhand is internal medicine, not infectious disease, not epidemiology. I have friends who work at one of the hospitals he was effectively sacked here in Mass from (pushed out of affiliation of) for spreading misinformation. Definitely considered a crazy fringe opportunist in the Massachusetts hospital community.

Dr. Moran I don't know.

I have to wonder why people aren't listening to epidemiologists and their own doctors. This is part of the danger of "doing one's own research", people end up conclusion shopping.
I have advised people to confer with their personal doctor when deciding whether or not to get vaxxed. As opposed to taking medical advice from a talking head and pulling into a parking lot on panic mode to get a shot.

Confer with your doctor.

I don't have a dr and am generally a healthy person. I hadn't been sick in years before this latest bout of illness, which I assume at this point was Covid.

Not having a dr or insurance, well, we get our medical advice where we can.

Maybe people like me who are naturally healthy and don't even need a primary dr, well we are the people feeling harassed by all these mandates. Leave us alone. We dont need your mandatory jabs or mask mandates or vaxx passports. Stop overstepping.

I feel for the elderly and vulnerable and these are my parents and grandma so I truly do. But stop acting like the unvaxxed are these evil biohazards roaming the earth infecting everyone. The vaxxed are just as likely to be spreaders and carriers.

Just let people live and stop imposing this ridiculous medical tyranny everywhere. Let people be adults and make their own medical decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 05:05 PM

1,085 posts, read 694,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I have advised people to confer with their personal doctor when deciding whether or not to get vaxxed. As opposed to taking medical advice from a talking head and pulling into a parking lot on panic mode to get a shot.

Confer with your doctor.

I don't have a dr and am generally a healthy person. I hadn't been sick in years before this latest bout of illness, which I assume at this point was Covid.

Not having a dr or insurance, well, we get our medical advice where we can.

Maybe people like me who are naturally healthy and don't even need a primary dr, well we are the people feeling harassed by all these mandates. Leave us alone. We dont need your mandatory jabs or mask mandates or vaxx passports. Stop overstepping.

I feel for the elderly and vulnerable and these are my parents and grandma so I truly do. But stop acting like the unvaxxed are these evil biohazards roaming the earth infecting everyone. The vaxxed are just as likely to be spreaders and carriers.

Just let people live and stop imposing this ridiculous medical tyranny everywhere. Let people be adults and make their own medical decisions.
Literally you are saying “do as I say, not as I do”. If you don’t get medical advice from a doctor, you know - the people that studied medicine for 8+ years… where do you get it from?

Sometimes it’s better to just be quiet. Personally, I do agree - get rid of the mandates and let the people too stupid to vaccinate die.

Old 12-15-2021, 05:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
The whole “do your own research” folks are the same one who cannot help their kids with middle school algebra. They also cannot use the right you’re/your or their/there/they’re.

I know one person who had to have a lung transplant because of COVID. I know of others who dies from it. Several others who were close were close to death from it.

Get the shots. Get the booster.

I didn’t think this whole ordeal would be a test of cognitive ability.

End of my rant.

Old 12-15-2021, 05:41 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The whole “do your own research” folks are the same one who cannot help their kids with middle school algebra. They also cannot use the right you’re/your or their/there/they’re.

I know one person who had to have a lung transplant because of COVID. I know of others who dies from it. Several others who were close were close to death from it.

End of my rant.
The more you know, the more you know you don't know

I suppose the inverse is, the less you know, the more you think you know it all.

And that leads to dogmaticism as is seen here.

Humility, folks. Question. Wonder. Ask.

All I see here is: " Omg its so obvious, just take instructions from authority. How dare you question?"

Yeah nah I'm good!!!! LOL

Edit: but once again Ill back off from your thread. I said what I wanted. Its all good. Its best to leave you all to it. Take care all, and I mean that, truly.

Last edited by moongirl00; 12-15-2021 at 05:53 PM..

Old 12-15-2021, 06:07 PM

The Dunning-Kruger effect is extremely evident.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:31 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Mmm... Yeah, yanno, I just feel like wishing bad outcomes upon people ain't cool. I mean, somebody has to be a supreme a-hole for me to feel that way. Moongirl here doesn't meet the bar.

Like I'm pretty sure, that whatever possible bad outcome she believes could be a result of getting "the jab" she does not actually WISH it on anybody. Me. Or you. Or you.

Know what? I don't have a doctor right now, myself. Actually I'm supremely frustrated with the whole doctor situation. I am supposed to be having my thyroid monitored. I have been trying to find a doctor that will take new patients and so far the only ones I've found are booked out until March or later. I had the same problem with my regular doctor in Colorado before I moved, they were booked out forever and couldn't see me, and I actually had my freaking gynecologist order the thyroid labs and give me the results because I told her I was struggling to get in to see my regular doc, and she was part of the same group and had access to my records, so she could get it done, and she did.

Is anyone else having trouble getting appointments, especially for like, regular stuff, with doctors lately?

My husband is having the same issue I am, and he needs prescriptions managed and refilled...he got his old Doc to call it in, to a pharmacy in Colorado and then transferred it here, but that only lasted a month...and he just went to an Urgent Care to get their help with a refill because of this stupid nonsense. He has an appointment...but yeah, it's in March.

Ya know, I used to hear certain folks say that Nationalized healthcare was a bad idea because in those other countries like Canada, you have long waits to see your doctor, like months and so on... Um, sure seems to be happening here now. And I hear nothing but good things from my friends overseas about their healthcare systems.

I've been having a bad time even with "good" insurance and I'm more than a little bit tired of it.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:50 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:

End of my rant.

Word.

Though, as just a side note, not all doctors are created equally. I have a PA, not top of the line. If it were something important, I would definitely get a 2nd opinion.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-15-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Word.

Though, as just a side note, not all doctors are created equally. I have a PA, not top of the line. If it were something important, I would definitely get a 2nd opinion.
There are several I would and have.

There are times I had a response typed out. Then I thought better of it… Where I have a dissertation typed out, only to delete it all and respond with “ok.”

Tonight is such an occasion.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:04 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
There are several I would and have.

There are times I had a response typed out. Then I thought better of it… Where I have a dissertation typed out, only to delete it all and respond with “ok.”

Tonight is such an occasion.
I don't think I am understanding.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-15-2021, 07:30 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't think I am understanding.
I believe he means that he had a long winded, detailed response typed out on several occasions and then thought better than to submit and deleted it instead. It may be due to the concept of pearls to swine, avoiding a time out, or a bit of both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships