Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 12:03 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
When I went to UCR we were able to get the best street tacos ever... in Mo Valley. Right on old 215 Frontage road and Alessandro Blvd. seso ( brain) lingua ( tongue) and the normal carne asada and carnitas. Yum! I miss that little van with the grill in the back.
Hope you feel better soon...
There are SO many taco street vendors out here now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 05:02 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
There are SO many taco street vendors out here now!
We had an apartment just over the 215 and about 1 mile from the vendor. They were only there on the weekends.. and we’d go and pig out after a long study session. They also had really good “elotes” (corn on the cob) Everything was 1.00 a piece so we could eat on the cheap.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:28 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
We had an apartment just over the 215 and about 1 mile from the vendor. They were only there on the weekends.. and we’d go and pig out after a long study session. They also had really good “elotes” (corn on the cob) Everything was 1.00 a piece so we could eat on the cheap.
You lived in my old stomping ground! While I don't eat beef or pork, the elotes are still yummy and super desirable

Old 07-21-2020, 09:29 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
You lived in my old stomping ground! While I don't eat beef or pork, the elotes are still yummy and super desirable
I worked at the KFC on Canyon Crest and lived in the apartments across the street. Last time I was there I couldn’t believe all of the industrial buildings they’d built off of Alessandro and the 215. I really liked the area. it was really safe and close to UCR.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:53 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Not sure if everyone understood my "joke"? I've been friendly with metamorphosis for years. Her status line, or whatever it's called, says, "In the State of Apathy." Her post that I quoted says "." Once again, I go over like a lead balloon.
Yep, Sea and I are good. As far as others go, I think I used to argue (or was I standing my ground?) too much. It never bothered me that someone wouldn’t like my opinion, but now I’m not going to take a lot of time with it. After all, it IS my opinion. And these days I’m better off not saying what I think or feel.

Which leads me to my last post that is just a “ . “

I had a post up for a few short minutes, then decided to delete it. Basically, it was about a current issue and a local teen who doesn’t want to take responsibility, so you can imagine how badly that could have gone. LOL.

On a more humorous note, I’d like to know if Andrea Isom talks like Captain Kirk on purpose. LMAO

Happy Hump Day!

Old 07-22-2020, 05:56 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Sharing a note:

That's a struggle with every mom & daughter (at least the ones who love each other). Daughters try to be good daughters and moms try to be good moms and both feel that they didn't do good enough.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:15 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Yesterday and this morning I spent some time welding. Uffda, that is that a perishable skill. I need more practice. Some of the welds were darn nice. Others were complete rubbish. Built a mount for a sprayer to put on my newer zero turn mower. Needs to add a couple more things. It worked well for what I need it for.

Once it's done, I will will slap on John Deere Green on it and call it good.

Old 07-24-2020, 08:10 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Finally, after spending a long day at house hunting, I have a lease. North Durham, I’m coming for you in September!

Old 07-25-2020, 03:03 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Yesterday and this morning I spent some time welding. Uffda, that is that a perishable skill. I need more practice. Some of the welds were darn nice. Others were complete rubbish. Built a mount for a sprayer to put on my newer zero turn mower. Needs to add a couple more things. It worked well for what I need it for.

Once it's done, I will will slap on John Deere Green on it and call it good.
Years ago they offered different welding classes at the local community Junior Colleges, & other technology classes. Some might still have classes.

Old 07-25-2020, 06:30 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Years ago they offered different welding classes at the local community Junior Colleges, & other technology classes. Some might still have classes.
I need to go out to the garage and fire up the welder. I’m thinking I will upgrade wire feed machines some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships