Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2020, 01:24 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times

Advertisements

Thanks all. They’re home and doing well.
Congrats Sonic. Lovely dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 02:55 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Thanks all. They’re home and doing well.
Congrats Sonic. Lovely dress.
Yay! I wish you all the utmost happiness and prosperity!

And thanks!

We had another big milestone in the last week around here. I got my sons moved out! They're sharing an apartment in a student housing complex. It's not on-campus dorms, it's a regular apartment building, but they only lease to students and each student has their own lease, though they generally are sharing a multi-bedroom unit together. But this is good because if one of them flakes out, doesn't pay rent or whatever, the others aren't in any danger of losing their home because of it. It's actually quite a nice apartment.

I've been waiting, it feels like forever, for them to start taking this kind of step into adulthood. I'm so happy to have my house to myself. I've been cleaning and rearranging things and reclaiming my space, now that it isn't full of teenagers.

Mind, they only live about 5 minutes away from me. For the next year, we'll be here in this area and if they need anything, I'm right around the corner and willing to help (mostly in a "support and guidance" kind of way, is my intent. In about a year, we'll be moving to Phoenix, but until then they've got me around if things get tough. I'm calling it "adulting with training wheels."

Old 08-22-2020, 11:58 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Nothing better than Saturday mornings with my three girls.

Mrs Chow, the rabbit, and Pioneer Woman.

Old 08-22-2020, 05:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
The heat is starting to get to me. I spent most of the week in 90 degree heat. It isn’t bad. Today it was in to work for a couple of hours. Then worked on my pickup. Finally, thought about going for a drive, went home and took a nice afternoon nap.

Chow, you have good taste in women. However, I have never sat down to watch Pioneer Woman.

It is a whiskey and ginger ale sort of evening.

Old 08-22-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The heat is starting to get to me. I spent most of the week in 90 degree heat. It isn’t bad. Today it was in to work for a couple of hours. Then worked on my pickup. Finally, thought about going for a drive, went home and took a nice afternoon nap.

Chow, you have good taste in women. However, I have never sat down to watch Pioneer Woman.

It is a whiskey and ginger ale sort of evening.
The rabbit, while adorable, isn't much of a conversationalist, isn't the most informative.

P-Dub can be annoying, but she can make dishes that appeal to my lizard brain.

At least she doesn't pop her collar like Ina Garten does.....it's not 1982 folks, we don't pop our collars in the non-Depeche Mode era..

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-22-2020 at 10:27 PM..

Old 08-22-2020, 10:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times

Old 08-23-2020, 08:15 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The rabbit, while adorable, isn't much of a conversationalist, isn't the most informative.

P-Dub can be annoying, but she can make dishes that appeal to my lizard brain.

At least she doesn't pop her collar like Ina Garten does.....it's not 1982 folks, we don't pop our collars in the non-Depeche Mode era..
I never noticed that about Ina. My favorite cooking shows are on PBS. American’s Test Kitchen and Cooks Country are the two favorites. The blondes on ATK are favorites hostesses.

I am also thinking of investing in some carbon steel pans. I have a wok that is carbon steel, I like it a lot. I can not have non stick cookware, living with a parrot messes that up. I am not a huge fan of nonstick.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:45 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I read somewhere that Ina wears the same thing every day--she has 10+ of the same shirt. Maybe the popped collar is her way of zhuzhing it up a little.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I never noticed that about Ina. My favorite cooking shows are on PBS. American’s Test Kitchen and Cooks Country are the two favorites. The blondes on ATK are favorites hostesses.

I am also thinking of investing in some carbon steel pans. I have a wok that is carbon steel, I like it a lot. I can not have non stick cookware, living with a parrot messes that up. I am not a huge fan of nonstick.
I never knew that PBS has cooking shows.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I read somewhere that Ina wears the same thing every day--she has 10+ of the same shirt. Maybe the popped collar is her way of zhuzhing it up a little.
I've heard that too. Makes sense, she wears the same thing every time I see her. We've watched her show for years, literally can't recall how long, 10 plus years I think. I think she's sort of odd in some ways. She seems like a nice polite person, but detached a bit from the realities of life. Her and her husband are uber wealthy living in the Hamptons surrounded by similar types. She comes off a bit like a nice polite person but sorta snobby, only in the sense that I don't think she realizes what a priveledged charmed easy life she seems to have.

I could be wrong, I don't know. I do like her show. Jeffery seems like a happy guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships