Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2020, 06:27 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Ugh, even though I'm working at home and don't have to face traffic, I still don't care for Mondays, LOL, I guess I want it to be Saturday all the time.
At least you don’t have people in China forcing you to stay late and work. If I don’t do that they are threatening to submit complaints that I’m “non cooperative” to management.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 06:57 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Can we trade ? I’d love a 73 F high. I’ll have to wait till this weekend to get that. Right now it’s close to 90, and the humidity is supposed to surge midweek. I’ve had enough with this hot summer.
Well, I came back to Virginia just in time to have a high today of 93. Also, I’m participating in the March on Washington on Friday and 91 is forecast as a high. Hopefully, after that Summer will calm down.

Also, from my trip, Oakland is majorly underrated. Yes, it does have some issues with cleanliness but the history, street art, and downtown area make it stand out.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:55 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Well, I came back to Virginia just in time to have a high today of 93. Also, I’m participating in the March on Washington on Friday and 91 is forecast as a high. Hopefully, after that Summer will calm down.

Also, from my trip, Oakland is majorly underrated. Yes, it does have some issues with cleanliness but the history, street art, and downtown area make it stand out.
Glad you made it home safely!

Old 08-25-2020, 04:25 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
What about that Jerry Falwell Jr character?

What is it with these evangelical types and their kinks?

I've never understood the thrill of watching some dude give your wife a better rodgering than you do.

What is it with some people. LOL.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What about that Jerry Falwell Jr character?

What is it with these evangelical types and their kinks?

I've never understood the thrill of watching some dude give your wife a better rodgering than you do.

What is it with some people. LOL.
No clue. So much for the “moral majority.” It reads like Hawthorne’s Scarlett Letter.

That hypocritical idiot.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:20 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
LOL It's nothing new.

Here in Colorado Springs, we've got these megachurches. Anybody remember Ted Haggard? Got busted with a male prostitute, high on meth? Had to leave the area in disgrace? Yeah, now he's back and he started yet another church in his basement. I have a friend who was in a very small local band and they made a song about this, it's hilarious. Sadly, I cannot find a video of it. I wish that I had one. I'll ask him to give me the lyrics to the chorus sometime soon, I can only remember part of it...something about how the baby Jesus doesn't want him to be gay, the wage of sin is death, ending with "but tonight we're gonna party with crystal meth"...it's all very clever.

Also, a friend was approached online by a couple who wanted her for a threesome, and told her but she must be very discreet, because the wife worked in one of these big church orgs here in town and if they found out... Yeah, my friend, she would have been down with the sexual escapade but not seasoned with that much hypocrisy. Yuck.

These things go together in some pretty weird ways. I've found that most seriously repressed people either turn into authoritarian bullies who totally bought what they are now selling, or they become complete freaks, and the worst is when they try to do both at once. I mean, I don't know how many times I've met some woman with purple hair and piercings and tattoos who is a middle aged "witch" now, but she went to Catholic school, because of course she did. If I had a dollar for every time... So some of 'em just go live on the wild side, at peace with whatever weird they cooked up after religion traumatized them (or what the heck ever is going on there.) But it's the ones trying too hard to have it both ways, where we get this mess going on. At least that's how I see it.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:04 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
I just took a quick forray into the Politics forum... Yikes!

Old 08-26-2020, 02:37 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
I got my friend to send me over an mp3 of the song I was talking about...the lyrics that I couldn't remember were:

Poor ol' Reverend Ted, it's a struggle every day
I know you think baby Jesus doesn't want you to be gay
Fire and brimstone Sunday mornin' the wage of sin is death
But Saturday night Ted & Mikey, you're gonna party with crystal meth

Old 08-26-2020, 02:47 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Yup, I’d argue that could be the most perilous place for a liberal atheist like myself on the web.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:55 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Lol, it's been called vicious and dog-eat-dog, but to me it's just that so many posters act childish and immature with all the taunting and name-calling, or are completely laughable trolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships