Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2020, 04:23 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Talk about a toaster in a bathtub day, this is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 05:18 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Who me??? NEVER!

Ahhhh, the start of a new week and new month as well (almost). The fiance and I are going to get back to eating healthier and working out.

We have a simple plan.

Here's to me having the will to actually do it.
We were going on a date last night and it took me forever to find an outfit that fit. Tops were too tight to button and I couldn’t “jump” into my jeans. I settled for a skirt with an elastic waistband and a sweater.
This morning.... I went for a 5 mile run and worked out on the heavy bag. I need to drop about 8-10 pounds to get back to my fighting weight.
The good news is that we had a great time... We even necked a little in the car when we got back.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:33 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
We were going on a date last night and it took me forever to find an outfit that fit. Tops were too tight to button and I couldn’t “jump” into my jeans. I settled for a skirt with an elastic waistband and a sweater.
This morning.... I went for a 5 mile run and worked out on the heavy bag. I need to drop about 8-10 pounds to get back to my fighting weight.
The good news is that we had a great time... We even necked a little in the car when we got back.
You just had 2 beautiful babies though! I have no excuse... I'm just a puffed pastry with red hair.

Car necking??? Awesome! Almost nothing better than a good make-out session

Old 08-31-2020, 06:02 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
You just had 2 beautiful babies though! I have no excuse... I'm just a puffed pastry with red hair.

Car necking??? Awesome! Almost nothing better than a good make-out session
That’s next.... getting my auburn hair back. I have about 4 inches of brown roots showing.
I’ve not colored my hair since I’ve been here.... almost a year. Last night was the first night I’ve put anything on my face ( As far as make up) since Valentines Day, other than perhaps lip gloss or balm. I think I’d have been a hippy had I been around during that time.

Old 09-04-2020, 08:37 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I really wonder at times about the things I read here. Can people really not discern things as much as I read here. I mean this as nice as I can, I'm not trying to be mean spirited here, but I just can't seem to understand things in the realm of the human heart

People have to navigate all facets of life for obvious reasons but for some reason all cognitive functioning seems to go out the window once affairs of the heart enter the picture.

I get that we're all human and fallible and all of that. Is it just the hormonal lizard brain that sorta takes control of the common sense directional rudder here?

Does our heart truly override our minds?

Old 09-05-2020, 03:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I really wonder at times about the things I read here. Can people really not discern things as much as I read here. I mean this as nice as I can, I'm not trying to be mean spirited here, but I just can't seem to understand things in the realm of the human heart

People have to navigate all facets of life for obvious reasons but for some reason all cognitive functioning seems to go out the window once affairs of the heart enter the picture.

I get that we're all human and fallible and all of that. Is it just the hormonal lizard brain that sorta takes control of the common sense directional rudder here?

I'm always reminded of the late, great George Carlin (paraphrasing) - think about how stupid the average American is...now think about the fact that half the population is even dumber than that.

Laws of averages, or whatever. By the way, I'd not heard of chardonnay shopping before, I like it. I'm more of a sauvignon surfer if yannowhatimean...been trying to budget better lately. It's easier when I am getting out of the house lately, I don't have as much time to shop online.

Pros and cons of working outside of the house - great internet speed at work, no "your internet connection is unstable" messages flashing across the screen, central A/C, distinct compartmentalization/line of demarcation between work and home matters - all pros. Cons - more frequent visits to Costco gas pumps, maskne (my skin has always been super sensitive), fatigue, and sleep disruption.

But I feel very blessed to have a great place of employment, doing what I love, and celebrating life and my loved ones.

Happy Labor Day weekend, everybody! It's record-breaking scorching heat here in SoCal, peaking on Sunday, hope everyone has a safe and pleasant one this weekend.

Old 09-06-2020, 10:54 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,404,431 times
I’m shocked at how Kimberly Guilofyle and Gavin Newsom were partners. That relationship must have thoroughly sucked, coming from 2 extreme ends of the political spectrum which look like they are going to start a civil war soon.

Old 09-06-2020, 07:39 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Talking snow in the upper elevation tomorrow and Tuesday. Rain tomorrow. I'll stay in and read. That works for me.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:11 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I think it is the checks and balances of the body not properly taking place with a lack of wise people around. Maybe this is just too simplistic for me to say since many and I consider me to be hyper analytical and logical and not really emotional. Maybe the trauma of watching my mother epically fail in relationships influences my viewpoint. I do think this forum raises my awareness to a point where I’ve been able to avoid some of the catastrophes others have posted about.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:12 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
My last fabulous summer weekend on the lake with good friends! Soaked up the sun and listened 80s music on the pontoon Saturday. By Sunday night we were inside with sweatshirts playing poker and having friend-time therapy with Moscow mules and a fire.

From summer to fall in one weekend.

I hope you all had a good long weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships