Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2020, 11:32 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,403,917 times

Advertisements

We are having a virtual get together for thanksgiving tomorrow. Other than that, nothing special is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 11:46 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hoping things go well without much grief.

I've heard that kidney stones are fairly common. I'm such a wimp I'm hoping I don't get them. I hear drinking a lot of water in general is supposed to be a good way to help avoid them. I got to get on more of that water I guess.
Thanks!

Yep! The water is an excellent deterrent as well as limiting salt intake, dark sodas, and red meat. I don't eat beef or pork at all (haven't in over 3 years) and try not to add salt to my food, but I do like salty snacks at times and love Diet Coke. So I am cutting way back on the salt and limiting Diet Coke to one small mini can when I feel like I want one. AND I need to drink more water with lemon. Dr. says that I am on the right track to not getting anymore with that plan, but we will see. I guess once a person has had stones, they can keep getting them. UGH.

Old 11-25-2020, 12:04 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
We're going to fry up some homemade egg rolls for T day tomorrow and take them over to Mrs. Chow's mom's house. Small gathering, just the three of us. Nothing major.

We normally sometimes try and go down to San Diego to see her brother and his family, this year he's having some medical issues and just had surgery so even without COVID we probably wouldn't have gone down there.

They have a lot on going on right now.

Old 11-25-2020, 12:37 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
I'm by myself for the first time on Thanksgiving, but I'm not really bummed about it. I've always wondered what would happen if I didn't drive to Ohio for T-day, and this year gives me a guilt-free opportunity to find out. I found a recipe for turkey and dressing casserole (I'm preparing all the components right now) and I'm making some veggie sides that no one else in my family would like. Family zoom call is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. It'll be different, but not bad.

Old 11-25-2020, 12:55 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
They just had a positive Covid-19 test in my department, so I was sent home right away and I have a test scheduled for this evening which is a miracle in itself. I feel fine and hopefully it stays that way.

Old 11-25-2020, 12:55 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm by myself for the first time on Thanksgiving, but I'm not really bummed about it. I've always wondered what would happen if I didn't drive to Ohio for T-day, and this year gives me a guilt-free opportunity to find out. I found a recipe for turkey and dressing casserole (I'm preparing all the components right now) and I'm making some veggie sides that no one else in my family would like. Family zoom call is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. It'll be different, but not bad.
Sounds yummy! I hope your day is great

Old 11-25-2020, 03:19 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You’re so much better than me . I thought I was going to be home alone for the first time, but my daughter and her bf decided not to go to his (big) family’s dinner, and instead just order takeout from a local restaurant. They demanded I come over. Looks like I’ll be sharing the fabulous pumpkin cheesecake and bottle of champagne I planned on having!

Old 11-25-2020, 03:27 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
No spammers allowed! Mod note: spam deleted.

Hi all... how is everyone? So, my stubborn kidney stone has not budged in the last 4 weeks despite me taking Flomax and drinking a ton of water. My Dr. has now scheduled the ESWL procedure (for next week) to break up the stone into smaller pieces to pass.

Fun stuff. But it has an 80-85% success rate so hopefully that will take care of it.
Aw, sorry to hear that you’ve been suffering still! At least now you know there’s relief in site, right?

I quit drinking Diet Coke many years ago, due to high blood pressure concern. I’m now drinking unsweetened sparkling water. My new favorite is Limoncello LaCroix. Try it! I insist!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-25-2020, 03:54 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
This will be my second Thanksgiving away. We don’t celebrate it here, but we’re having a BBQ this weekend and inviting some of our other “shut in” neighbors. We’ve still not had any reported or suspected cases of the virus in the Village or in Avignon ( the nearest big city to us, pop 88k). Knock on wood!

Old 11-25-2020, 04:02 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,403,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
They just had a positive Covid-19 test in my department, so I was sent home right away and I have a test scheduled for this evening which is a miracle in itself. I feel fine and hopefully it stays that way.
With the way Americans are treating COVID as fake news to promote personal business interests over personal safety (aka Kelly Loeffler), we could be seeing close to 50 million more people could catch it before widespread vaccines become available. I wonder what stories our generation will tell our grandkids, and how bad things were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships