Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2020, 12:04 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times

Advertisements

It is creepy that he's fixated on that one post. And I hope that all the people he says that he's close to can see him spiraling and help him. Even though he's morally opposed to it, he really just needs to rub one out and take a nap. I'm probably going to get banned for talking like this. I'll stop now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 12:19 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I’m more concerned for the innocent people around him. I don’t see his posts anymore though.
I certainly hope that it never comes to that and that the venting through the forum is enough to diffuse things. He's getting more shrill, though, and that's worrisome and brings to mind thoughts of those who went off the deep end and harmed others and themselves.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:50 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times
Layoffs are coming yet again. One man went out yesterday. How many more will go away today .
What will we do to fix our broken corporate systems.

Old 12-08-2020, 02:42 PM

I’m driving to Philadelphia for the holidays. Snow has been forecast for Christmas Day .

Old 12-08-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Layoffs are coming yet again. One man went out yesterday. How many more will go away today .
What will we do to fix our broken corporate systems.
Really wish that I had the answers to that one. I was laid off permanently in June after having been away from work since mid-March. The second shut down here in Pennsylvania put a lot of people who had been able either hang on to their jobs or were prepared to return to work after the initial shut down out of work.

Fortune smiled a bit upon me as there was an opportunity offered to fill in the hole left behind by the job loss and I'm used to living on a shoestring by choice, but what about the others who were utterly unprepared for what's going on right now? People with what one would consider to be somewhat secure jobs are either out of work or are underemployed. It's been a really rough year for them as well as my friends and family who have been working mad hours in healthcare.

I hope that folks are able to dig back out of this mess, even if life as we once knew it might be different going forward.

P.S. Drive safely!

Old 12-08-2020, 02:47 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I just pulled the trigger and let my family know that I'm not coming home for Christmas. I feel safe in the choices that I've been making, but my siblings make different choices that make me uncomfortable. And to top that off, my parents will want to spend time with them for the holiday, which I don't think is a great idea. So, fun family times.

Old 12-08-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Really wish that I had the answers to that one. I was laid off permanently in June after having been away from work since mid-March. The second shut down here in Pennsylvania put a lot of people who had been able either hang on to their jobs or were prepared to return to work after the initial shut down out of work.

Fortune smiled a bit upon me as there was an opportunity offered to fill in the hole left behind by the job loss and I'm used to living on a shoestring by choice, but what about the others who were utterly unprepared for what's going on right now? People with what one would consider to be somewhat secure jobs are either out of work or are underemployed. It's been a really rough year for them as well as my friends and family who have been working mad hours in healthcare.

I hope that folks are able to dig back out of this mess, even if life as we once knew it might be different going forward.

P.S. Drive safely!
Boss just said additional people will not be let go for now and there will be no further headcount reduction. That was a sigh of relief. I was feeling very nervous.
I’m so sorry for what happened to you. I was laid off 2 years back, but economy was good in 2018 and I was able to get a new job quickly. I would not want to be laid off under these circumstances when the economy is horrible.

Old 12-08-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Boss just said additional people will not be let go for now and there will be no further headcount reduction. That was a sigh of relief. I was feeling very nervous.
I’m so sorry for what happened to you. I was laid off 2 years back, but economy was good in 2018 and I was able to get a new job quickly. I would not want to be laid off under these circumstances when the economy is horrible.
Thank goodness! Whew!

I appreciate that. This is the third recession I've experienced as a working adult and not the first time that I've lost a job due to hard economic times on either the part of my employer and/or the economy at large.

When you know that you can lose a job at any moment and you do work that's rather specialized, you learn to do the best that you can to keep your overhead low and save as much as you can for the rainy days that have a way of coming despite the best laid of plans. It kind of sucks in a way, though, as this year was set to be the top earning year of my career. Could have been far worse though, and my heart hurts for those who haven't been as fortunate.

Losing the insurance was the worst part of the job loss (my former employer *did* carry us all until June, which was very generous of them), but at least COBRA is somewhat affordable as such things go for the time being. That might jump up once I get the paperwork for the upcoming year.

It's slow with my new work right now (it's that time of year), but come spring, things should be nicely crazy. Welcome to the gig economy where one does best to "make hay while the sun shines!" That being said, I'm kind of glad that I'm not working in a communal environment right now and roll solo. I've also been picking up a few casual jobs here and there, which helps to feather the nest a bit, too.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 12-08-2020 at 03:22 PM..

Old 12-08-2020, 03:38 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
I have to agree Portos was really awesome. It is in Burbank.
The worst part of going to Porto’s is .... trying to decide on what pastry to get. So many choices... so little time. Lol
They also have locations in Downey, West Covina and Buena Park, but I’ve only been to the one in Burbank.

Last edited by Sydney123; 12-08-2020 at 04:41 PM..

Old 12-08-2020, 07:07 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times
Greetings. Just sending well wishes to all for this Holiday season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships