Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 03:29 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That seems to be consensus with a good amount of people from what I'm hearing. The arm is a bit sore with varying levels of feeling blah for a day or two. Not crappy enough to take off work, but enough to be noticeable.
Wouldn’t taking off work entail... moving from the dining room table to the couch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 03:25 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That seems to be consensus with a good amount of people from what I'm hearing. The arm is a bit sore with varying levels of feeling blah for a day or two. Not crappy enough to take off work, but enough to be noticeable.
Last night right before bed I had some chills for a while. I slept it off. Today I ended up taking a midday nap. One of those that screws up your day. That was short lived and feel human again.

Arm is still sore. Kind of like a flu shot sore.

Old 04-17-2021, 05:14 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Wouldn’t taking off work entail... moving from the dining room table to the couch?

from the couch to the toilette....

Old 04-19-2021, 12:30 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Last night right before bed I had some chills for a while. I slept it off. Today I ended up taking a midday nap. One of those that screws up your day. That was short lived and feel human again.

Arm is still sore. Kind of like a flu shot sore.
Glad to hear you didn't have much of a problem. I think like I said before that most people seem to not have too many problems overall with the vaccine.

On a happy-ish note, I pulled off leading my first meeting last week without much of a glitch. Mrs. Chow was in and out of the room doing other things and she said that what she heard it sounded like I was handling business just fine.

I sit in meeting several times a week so I guess I knew what to expect, it's just different when you are running the meeting. Not too bad overall. It's something that I'm going to have to do pretty regularly moving forward. Not my favorite thing to do as it's not in my comfort zone, but I think with more practice it should be fine.

Hope everyone has a good week coming up.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:35 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
^^^The Chowster nailed it.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:49 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
I feel a little bad, I was rude to a woman on the phone. But at the same time, I also kind of don't care.

I'm closing in on the point where I'll be buying a new vehicle. Been doing tons of online "window shopping" and Googling reviews and specs and trims, trying to make a choice, and I suspect I've got it figured out. I was at the website of a local dealership, and I was curious about a couple of aspects to the financing. I thought that I might get answers to my questions by doing their "pre approval" form on the site, which does a soft pull on your credit report (it does not count as an inquiry or lower your credit score.) So I did, and it required me to fill in some personal info. Instantly I got several marketing emails. *sigh* OK, to be expected. Good thing I used the email that I have set up for that.

But then I got a phone call.

Now, I already wasn't having the best day. I was having tech issues with my work, and was kind of stressed about that, and I was sleep deprived and just kind of in a mood. So this woman calls me, and I had to interrupt her rapid fire sales pitch intro, to try and tell her that I WILL be in the market for a new car, but the time is not right just yet. It'll be a few weeks yet. Then she goes all shmoozy on me, saying "Oh, no problem! I notice your area code from <state> are you from there?" Me: "It is...one of the places that I have lived..." Her, in an irritatingly perky voice, "I'm from there TOO!!" (Me thinking, are you about to invite me to a girls only slumber party at the dealership where we can give each other pedicures and talk about boys because now we're besties?) *sigh* About then, I lost my patience. I was like, "Look. I already told you that I will come buy a car when I'm ready, and it isn't today, and I already got the emails, I just really don't know what the purpose of this phone call is." Then she snaps, "Well you gave us your information!" Me: "YES BUT WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME?" Her: *hangs up*

I don't know whether to laugh, or to reach out to apologize for being a jerk. I feel as though I've gone feral in isolation. I'm usually not terse on the phone with people, even when they are trying to sell me something.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:50 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
You need an airplane.

We all could use an airplane. Weren't we all supposed to have flying cars by now? I feel robbed.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:52 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
A writer I follow on social media once wrote a guide to buying a car without ever speaking to a salesperson: https://the-toast.net/2014/07/11/how-to-buy-a-car/ I've never done it, but others have said it works a charm.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:55 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A writer I follow on social media once wrote a guide to buying a car without ever speaking to a salesperson: https://the-toast.net/2014/07/11/how-to-buy-a-car/ I've never done it, but others have said it works a charm.
Weird timing on this as I'm literally about to pull the trigger and buy something. I want to before inflation kicks in and interest rates start to rise.

I've finally got which car I want nailed down now, just need to decide between black or burgundy.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:57 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I feel a little bad, I was rude to a woman on the phone. But at the same time, I also kind of don't care.

I'm closing in on the point where I'll be buying a new vehicle. Been doing tons of online "window shopping" and Googling reviews and specs and trims, trying to make a choice, and I suspect I've got it figured out. I was at the website of a local dealership, and I was curious about a couple of aspects to the financing. I thought that I might get answers to my questions by doing their "pre approval" form on the site, which does a soft pull on your credit report (it does not count as an inquiry or lower your credit score.) So I did, and it required me to fill in some personal info. Instantly I got several marketing emails. *sigh* OK, to be expected. Good thing I used the email that I have set up for that.

But then I got a phone call.

Now, I already wasn't having the best day. I was having tech issues with my work, and was kind of stressed about that, and I was sleep deprived and just kind of in a mood. So this woman calls me, and I had to interrupt her rapid fire sales pitch intro, to try and tell her that I WILL be in the market for a new car, but the time is not right just yet. It'll be a few weeks yet. Then she goes all shmoozy on me, saying "Oh, no problem! I notice your area code from <state> are you from there?" Me: "It is...one of the places that I have lived..." Her, in an irritatingly perky voice, "I'm from there TOO!!" (Me thinking, are you about to invite me to a girls only slumber party at the dealership where we can give each other pedicures and talk about boys because now we're besties?) *sigh* About then, I lost my patience. I was like, "Look. I already told you that I will come buy a car when I'm ready, and it isn't today, and I already got the emails, I just really don't know what the purpose of this phone call is." Then she snaps, "Well you gave us your information!" Me: "YES BUT WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME?" Her: *hangs up*

I don't know whether to laugh, or to reach out to apologize for being a jerk. I feel as though I've gone feral in isolation. I'm usually not terse on the phone with people, even when they are trying to sell me something.
I am sorry this happened to you. For what its worth, one of my friends used the Costco auto buying program to get a Subaru and they said the process was quite painless. If you are far enough into your current process I get that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships