Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2021, 07:33 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I do. But it's not very reliable at this point and doesn't make sense to put more money into it, although I still love it. I'm still dead set on getting a Miata when the time comes ().
That’s too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 09:03 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
I do. But it's not very reliable at this point and doesn't make sense to put more money into it, although I still love it. I'm still dead set on getting a Miata when the time comes ().
Those new MX-5 Miata RFs *are* gorgeous--especially in Mazda's special Soul Red Crystal Metallic. I parked in an open spot beside one the other night just so my hatch could bask in its fancier relative's reflected glory.

I hope that you get that Miata that your heart desires when the time to buy one comes 'round.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:10 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Those new MX-5 Miata RFs *are* gorgeous--especially in Mazda's special Soul Red Crystal Metallic. I parked in an open spot beside one the other night just so my hatch could bask in its fancier relative's reflected glory.

I hope that you get that Miata that your heart desires when the time to buy one comes 'round.
Lol!

Old 05-30-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Lol!
Zoom,zoom!

On a related note, when I bought my Mazda, one of the surveys that I received from corporate wanted to know if I was enjoying my "Zoom, zoom experience." I found that to be amusing.

Not going to lie--when I pass other cars, I sometimes mutter under my breath, "zoom, zoom, m-****er" and smile. It's not exactly ladylike behavior, but deeply satisfying in its way. Mazda knows how to build a car that's fun to drive even when its an economy ride. Maybe they'll bring back the Mazdaspeed at some point?

When you finally get that Miata will you be going with an older model or a more current one?

Old 05-30-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Zoom,zoom!

On a related note, when I bought my Mazda, one of the surveys that I received from corporate wanted to know if I was enjoying my "Zoom, zoom experience." I found that to be amusing.

Not going to lie--when I pass other cars, I sometimes mutter under my breath, "zoom, zoom, m-****er" and smile. It's not exactly ladylike behavior, but deeply satisfying in its way.
Mazda knows how to build a car that's fun to drive even when its an economy ride. Maybe they'll bring back the Mazdaspeed at some point?
Lol! I have my own moments in the Mustang. Can't help it. lol

Quote:
When you finally get that Miata will you be going with an older model or a more current one?
Older. I just love the body style and I have to have a convertible before I die. I live in So Cal for *blank's* sake. It's actually required as stated in the DMV requirements.

Old 05-30-2021, 10:12 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
0 to 60 in 5.9 seconds, that is what the Challenger SXT model can do.

I'm always wondering why these people are in such a hurry to get places...

Old 05-30-2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Older. I just love the body style and I have to have a convertible before I die. I live in So Cal for *blank's* sake. It's actually required as stated in the DMV requirements.
That's fantastic, lol.

The previous owner of my house had his Miata still stored in the garage when I did my final walk-through the night before the closing. Really wish that I'd negotiated that the car stay with the house as part of the deal.

I still see the car from time to time as two years after I bought this house, a friend of a neighbor of mine bought the car from him and uses it as her fair-weather ride. It was a late nineties, second gen one, so it might have been just the car that you're seeking!

Old 05-31-2021, 12:11 AM

Quote:
That's fantastic, lol.

The previous owner of my house had his Miata still stored in the garage when I did my final walk-through the night before the closing. Really wish that I'd negotiated that the car stay with the house as part of the deal.

I still see the car from time to time as two years after I bought this house, a friend of a neighbor of mine bought the car from him and uses it as her fair-weather ride. It was a late nineties, second gen one, so it might have been just the car that you're seeking!
Haha

Old 05-31-2021, 05:45 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:

I always thought the Miata would be a fun car. Then the Fiat Spider 124 rolls around. Same body as a Miata but it has a twin turbo engine. Between the turbos spinning and a manual transmission that would be a fun car to go ripping through the hills in.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I always thought the Miata would be a fun car. Then the Fiat Spider 124 rolls around. Same body as a Miata but it has a twin turbo engine. Between the turbos spinning and a manual transmission that would be a fun car to go ripping through the hills in.
Every time I have ever brought up the subject of the Miata, Chow would bring up the Spider as another option. I looked it up and, no. No. It's not the same. And I'm not a "car chick/gal/whatever." I'm being too visual, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships