Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 07:27 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
But at my age they don't approach.Ok some do but they are weird.
It just depends. Some women who sit and wait, may not get approached. Or only get approached by predators, weirdos, or junkies.

Some, for some women, they either approach, or get nothing -or nothing decent. Or they can wait. It just depends. Some women swear up and down that they do not approach men, and that's it's never good for a woman to do so. But for other women, that advice will do nothing but guarantee they stay single. lol

For both genders, everyone can't operate the same way. What works for 1 person won't always work for another. Some people can pull off things and get away with things that others can not.

Like flirting. Some are naturally flirty, and it's very attractive. Others can not flirt to save their lives, and should avoid trying to go that route. lol

If waiting, orbiting, and other subtle things, don't work, may be time to get forward and blunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 07:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
It just depends. Some women who sit and wait, may not get approached. Or only get approached by predators, weirdos, or junkies.

Some, for some women, they either approach, or get nothing -or nothing decent. Or they can wait. It just depends. Some women swear up and down that they do not approach men, and that's it's never good for a woman to do so. But for other women, that advice will do nothing but guarantee they stay single. lol

For both genders, everyone can't operate the same way. What works for 1 person won't always work for another. Some people can pull off things and get away with things that others can not.

Like flirting. Some are naturally flirty, and it's very attractive. Others can not flirt to save their lives, and should avoid trying to go that route. lol

If waiting, orbiting, and other subtle things, don't work, may be time to get forward and blunt.
Very true.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
But at my age they don't approach.Ok some do but they are weird.
Can't wait for a woman to make a move because the majority of women are against it.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Can't wait for a woman to make a move because the majority of women are against it.
Eh many do it. Just not always mention.

Had a very good looking guy hit on me about two weeks ago.

I sat at a open spot at a bar next to him.I was there with friends. He told me I smelled fabulous. I said thankyou then he said he liked women's scents better than men's. He said he liked women's deoderant better because of the smell and it worked better.Then he went on how he likes women's lotion and used it.Next he said how he hates hair and shaves everything. He then moved my hand to his leg to feel it.At this point I was thinking this guy is a lunatic or sexually confused.

My friends died laughing at my responses. But mind you he was very manly, tattoos, muscles etc.

But very odd.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:41 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:

I sat at a open spot at a bar next to him.I was there with friends. He told me I smelled fabulous. I said thankyou then he said he liked women's scents better than men's. He said he liked women's deoderant better because of the smell and it worked better.Then he went on how he likes women's lotion and used it.Next he said how he hates hair and shaves everything. He then moved my hand to his leg to feel it.At this point I was thinking this guy is a lunatic or sexually confused.

My friends died laughing at my responses. But mind you he was very manly, tattoos, muscles etc.

But very odd.
It's the same thing men say about women, the very attractive ones surprise you by being a bit crazy! Maybe all that attention has gone to their head

Old 08-20-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
It's the same thing men say about women, the very attractive ones surprise you by being a bit crazy! Maybe all that attention has gone to their head
I think it does. Or he may really like men.
He gave me his number and name.
I looked him up, he was chunky then lost weight.Might of got to his head.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:53 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:

But very odd.
After reading this, I'm there with them.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
After reading this, I'm there with them.
Oh I egged him on. I asked what kind of deorderant? Degree for women? Sure? Dove? Secret? He said yes to Secret.I replied:"Well cat's outta the bag."
He just smiled. My friends and the female bartender were laughing.

I asked him if he liked fruity lotion? And smiled.He said to your dismay, no he didn't.

He got the picture. But laughed.

Dude was weird.lol!

Old 08-20-2016, 10:11 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,778 times
Quote:

But very odd.
This sounds like my dad (LOL he keeps coming up in EVERY thread tonight!) did, or at least the part about shaving all the body hair and women's deodorant.

My dad wore women's deodorant. He didn't wear a lot of it, just enough to keep from having perspiration and getting odor. He said he didn't like the men's stuff because it was too strong of a smell, and that he didn't wanna smell heavily of the deodorant. Just enough to keep him from getting BO from sweating on really hot days.

He also used to shave his legs and chest. Men shaving their chest isn't that unheard of though.

I tried shaving mine when I was about 16 or 17, then it started growing back faster. So I then decided that it wasn't really that bad and didn't bother me much. Wasn't really worth the hassle.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:21 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times
There isn't much wiggle room for being a unique individual when you are out there dating. If you step even slightly outside mainstream popular culture, you will be judged as "odd" or "weird" and you will struggle more. Despite all the lip service we hear about diversity and "being yourself". It only holds true if "being yourself" fits into mainstream fashion about what that means. It's a tightrope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships