Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 12:25 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Ya know... One would think this. When I attempted online dating, I specifically said "has kids, do not want more". I had men ask all the time if I would have another kid with them, if we dated. Like all the time.
If it's a huge and in depth profile I wouldn't be surprised if something was missed by the blokes reading it ... Possibly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 12:26 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
If it's a dealbreaker then it should be in your profile to avoid awkward conversations.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:29 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Ya know... One would think this. When I attempted online dating, I specifically said "has kids, do not want more". I had men ask all the time if I would have another kid with them, if we dated. Like all the time.
It's a well known fact that guys don't read profiles....! Or even if they did they won't remember by the time they're on the date with you - they already looked at several hundred profiles that day, ya know.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
If it's a dealbreaker then it should be in your profile to avoid awkward conversations.
You could always make your profile image a pic of you wearing a T-shirt with a silk screen uterus with an X through it or something?

p.s. If you want him to actually look at the shirt, make sure it's low-cut.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:32 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,039,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
If it's a huge and in depth profile I wouldn't be surprised if something was missed by the blokes reading it ... Possibly?
I never had a long profile.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:35 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,039,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
It's a well known fact that guys don't read profiles....! Or even if they did they won't remember by the time they're on the date with you - they already looked at several hundred profiles that day, ya know.
Thankfully, most of the time it was figured out during the "messaging" period, before an actual date. I had one guy ask on a phone call. After telling him I am not having more kids, he had awful words to say and hung up.
I dodged a bullet on that one also.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:43 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
Should there be a certain time you should start asking your partner/date ( assuming you want a long term relationship) about kids?
For me, since I did not want kids of my own, and was completely uninterested in dating a guy with dependent children, the conversation always happened before the first date.

As with just about any question regarding dating though, there is no "should", except what the individual determines for themselves. I would think that if it was an important matter, it would be covered sooner rather than later- but I don't think that there's any general "should" as to a timeframe for this or any other matter.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:50 PM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Well I don't use OLD... I tend to put off talking about babies as long as possible...lol. Yeah, sure, we can speak in generalities, and I'll ask if he already has them. But as far as future kids, I tend to let the man bring it up, while I take mental notes and assess whether or not he has potential. I'm not at all desperate to have a child, but could be persuaded by the right man... I have had no problem leaving men who wanted children as soon as I knew he wasn't the one for me..

Old 09-19-2016, 01:02 PM

50,829 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
"What is your outlook and feelings towards children?"

That's all you have to say.

If someone get THAT turned off or upset at this type of question...you pretty much know the type of person they are going to be moving forward with if attempting a relationship with them.

That type of future doesn't sound very fun to me, does it to you?

You shouldn't even be dating if you are not prepared to hear or answer this question in some fashion. It's like making ice cream but never wanting the word milk to be uttered in the process
Just as a woman, I would advise women not to bring up marriage and children on a first, second or third date. Even if they want marriage and children, they are going to be freaked and think you're looking for insta-husband.

Most dates I have been on, most men ask if I have children just in course of getting to know me, and then it just naturally segues into conversation where you will learn what his life is like and what he wants in life. But just to sit and blurt on a date "do you ever want to get married and have children" or anything along those lines, it's just too soon. JMO.

I want to add, if you have been on several dates with a man, and it is getting close to an intimacy stage, and you still do not know what he is looking for with you or what his dating and relationship goals are, than that is a red flag IMO.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:16 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
My recently ex fiancé wanted to have kids and I don't. As a result we won't be getting married it sucks tbh but I know what I want and kids wasn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships