Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:22 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times

Advertisements

When I started feeling the effects of advancing age in my performance, I told my urologist that I was afraid that my wife would stop loving me.

He said I should learn how to be an expert in French Performance.

So I painted my face white and learned how to mime.

Now nobody likes me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 11:25 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,672,300 times
I'm 27.

If it was something that was temporary, due to some medical condition or something, no. In fact, my gf has back issues due to a car accident, and was told by her doctor that there was to be "no strenuous activity" for a while. Ok, no problem.

Permanently? Thats another story. I think sex is tightly entwined with intimacy, and without it would lead to feelings of regret, spite, hatred, etc. Emotionally, not a good place to be. Wouldn't be worth the relationship if you're going to lose it anyway.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:31 AM

979 posts, read 3,829,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
When I started feeling the effects of advancing age in my performance, I told my urologist that I was afraid that my wife would stop loving me.

Now nobody likes me.
HHHAAAAA ha ha HA ha haa hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa uhhh he heh heh............................sigh............... ....

Yeah i wouldn't either.....

jk

Old 02-28-2008, 08:09 PM

108 posts, read 399,670 times
Default the honest answer

This is the husband of momandwifefromcali.

The honest answer to that question is that it really depends on the circumstances surrounding the relationship. For example, if it was early on in the relationship, the honest answer would be...yes I would have to break off the relationship. However, if I was deep into the relationship and had strong feelings for the person when this turn of events occurred...I would say no, I would not break up with her. I agree that sex is a vital part of the relationship, but it is not the most important part. If you have a successful relationship with most of the components at a strong level, then you can live without one of those components.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM

421 posts, read 1,337,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Sex is an important part of a relationship for many people. Would you end it if a new partner couldn't perform?
Discuss
It would depend. If it's the beginning of a relationship there isn't a lot invested. So it would be easier to walk away. However; if sex isn't your main concern, there are others ways to show affection.
How much do you care about this person?

Old 02-29-2008, 05:48 AM

652 posts, read 2,664,281 times
There are many other ways to show affection, but if you are fairly young and at the beginning years, thats not always good enough. I agree with everyone if you are with a person for a long time and all of a sudden its gone for whatever reason, you shouldnt leave. She is saying this is at the beginning of a relationship though. But of course she also never answered if there is something physically wrong with him and if she is in Love with him. For instance if he is in a wheelchair and physically cannot perform she shouldnt go through any emotional trauma because of the lack of a certain type of intimacy. She will always know without a doubt it is not her fault.

This is such a tough question.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:02 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post

Now nobody likes me.
Stop making me laugh so much, this instant ! Your posts are always priceless. Tried to rep you but must spread reputation blah, blah, blah.......

Old 02-29-2008, 06:26 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,631 times
Default Emotional Abuse!

I am having some extreme concerns about if it is the beginning of a relationship compared to one that has lasted for a long time. Upon entering into a relationship we meet each others needs. If after a long period of time, one of the spouses makes a decision to no longer meet the need of their partner, because they just do not want to and there is no medical or mental explanation other than-I just do not want to. Something has went awry. I have a need for sex-my partner tells me I no longer want to participate or have a physical relationship. Why? Because I just do not want to. We have our house, car, children, vacations, friends, family- but I prefer to not be intimate anymore and they should accept this. I have emotional and physical needs that my partner used to meet and now they tell me no more intimacy for the rest of our lives. I should accept it and deny myself to make the ultimate sacrifices for my partner. Are you kidding? That is emotional and physical abuse. Dare me not go out and have an affair to take care of those needs that you have told me you longer want to do. That is cruel and unusual punishment folks!! Has also been used in divorce cases.

If you both agree upon having no sex when there is no mental or physical ailment present, then that is an agreement you have made together. Check out some sites about no sex marriages and read about how those people are suffering, yet many have accepted their plight in life and this is wrong. We would tell a man or woman that if they were being physically abused and it did not stop they should leave, but if a man or woman is being emotionally abused they should stay. Where is the logic in this? The man tells the woman or vice versa that they are hurting because of not being able to have intimacy with their mate. The other spouse has no desire and cannot meet that need, yet they should remain married. This is one of the main reasons why I steered away from any Couple Therapy classes while in school, because it is to difficult to work with couples who are having issues like this.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:32 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,443,393 times
I read a story on here once that a woman who was married to an older man with performance issues. She said that her husband refused to get medical help to address the issue. I would of course try to work with him but ulitmately if his ego was so great that he couldn't break down and get help then I would end the relationship.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:52 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,758,110 times
Deadly honest answer...it depends on the circumstances and what the non-performing partner is doing to correct the situation. Without knowing those, I can't answer yes or no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships