Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 08:38 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I can't imagine wanting to spend every moment with my SO and do everything together, but to each his/her own.
In our situation, that he doesn't have "his own physical space to retreat to" doesn't mean, by any stretch, that we spend every moment together, or do everything together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 08:42 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
In our situation, that he doesn't have "his own physical space to retreat to" doesn't mean, by any stretch, that we spend every moment together, or do everything together.

Same. As I said earlier, the "man cave" concept seems to work better in the suburbs. And for those who fall for marketing terms. I've always lived in cities where real estate prices dictate how much togetherness a couple has at home.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Do you have any issue with a man or specifically a man you are in a relationship with having a "man cave". A room/garage where all his electronics and such are and where he goes when he wants some me time?
My grandfather had his work shed. Him and his wife were married for over 50 years. Sometimes you just need some time apart from each other to do things fulfilling to you and give each other some space.

I think it's a good thing.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:40 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
I strongly believe that people in committed relationships should have their own space from time to time. That being said, I find the term "man cave" to be obnoxiously juvenile. It reminds me of "He-Man Woman-Haters Club" or something, and I say that as a man-- I can only imagine how obnoxious it must sound to a woman. Feel free to have your own room, but don't give it a stupid corny name.
Yours is a 'photo booth.'

Old 12-14-2016, 10:08 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Where do you think sea duck hunting occurs, if not along the coasts?

Sea duck hunting has increased in popularity over the last couple of decades, that, along with low recruitment, is why the bag limits have been decreased. Heck, a couple of years ago we completely closed the season on harlequin ducks.
I've never seen anyone hunt sea ducks in California. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've just never heard or seen it.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:12 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've never seen anyone hunt sea ducks in California. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've just never heard or seen it.
The San Francisco bay is one of the top sea duck hunting areas in the U.S.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:20 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
My husband has one of the bedrooms in our house for his man cave. Which is fine. He keeps the cat box and food in there so he cleans it every day. Sometimes I get aggravated when it gets messy, soda cans, snack wrappers all over the place, etc.

He also has the garage which is his workshop. We have a couple of freezers out there but mostly it is his stuff. We are renovating so he needs the space for his saws, etc.

It is ok with me. I have a chair in our bedroom I can get away from it all. And in the summer I will probably be at the pool with an adult beverage and my earphones playing music.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:25 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've never seen this either. LOL. And I know a few hunters, none of whom have ever mentioned this.

But it's on the internet, so....

Live and learn.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:31 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Only someone needy and insecure would have a problem with it.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:40 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Most awesome thread ever!!!!

Gave me the idea to buy DC and Marvel comic posters for the boys game room, and a Deadpool pillow.

My husband will lose his mind with happiness. And by picking them out I made sure I chose a black and white motif with red accents. Win-win

Nerd.
I would lose my mind with happiness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships