Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 08:10 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm 6'1" w/o heels (but I'm ALWAYS in heels! 3-5") and have dated from 5'7" to 6'9" (or maybe it was 7' .)

I'll admit I tend to notice taller guys, but that's because my head is usually above the crowd so I spot them first.

When I used online dating sites years ago, I would search for 6' plus. I even deleted my husband's first 2 emails because he was "only" 5'11". LOL (Turned out he lied on his profile...he's 5'10" on a good day.) I didn't write shorter guys off because I didn't like them or wasn't attracted to them. To me it just made sense to be with a taller guy...afterall, what man wants to be with an amazon!?!?

The shorter guys loved my height and seemed to be very proud to be with me. I always felt that some of the tall guys got kind of arrogant when approaching me. They assumed that since I was the tallest female in the room that I would automatically be interested in them because they were one the few men taller than me. Little did they know that like the shorter men, they were going to have to work to get my digits.
I'm 5'5" and I would be more than happy if a taller woman wanted to date me. Part of it comes from the fact that I always was the shortest kid in the class(all the way through 8th grade) and most of the girls I was attracted to were taller than me(many of them a head taller than me). The "Amazon" type women do have a certain appeal to me, which is not to say I wouldn't date someone shorter than me, because I would. I am okay with a woman being taller than me. I am perfectly secure with my height. My problem is finding a woman who is okay with dating someone who is about 5'5". I am concerned about that because I personally know women who are under 5'2" who want men who are at least 5'10". I know two women who are 4'11". Neither one of them have dated men under 5'9". One of them dated a man who was 6'3". I think there are some cases where men under a certain height are often passed over. For now, I am waiting for the woman who will accept and love me for all of my peculiarities.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:14 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,766 times
I'm 5'5 but have never been rejected because I was short... The majority of the time was because the gal was seeing someone already... Yeah I went for the "out-of-league' girls. But that shows I have confidence and willing to get shot down.

My faux-hawk adds about an inch or two if that counts. But really, I think I use my looks and confidence to overshadow my height... It's hereditary and partially being Irish.

If a women can't accept a man because of his height, shame on her!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:15 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

The shorter guys loved my height and seemed to be very proud to be with me.
Same here. They seem to want me to wear heels, too. I don't know what to think about that. lol

Old 10-18-2009, 08:21 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
I'm 5'5 but have never been rejected because I was short... The majority of the time was because the gal was seeing someone already... Yeah I went for the "out-of-league' girls. But that shows I have confidence and willing to get shot down.

My faux-hawk adds about an inch or two if that counts. But really, I think I use my looks and confidence to overshadow my height... It's hereditary and partially being Irish.

Agreed, and unfortunately, I see more tall men than not. I am seeing taller women. Part of the reason it is easy to reject shorter men is because there are more taller men out there than not. Some women have personally told me they wanted men taller than them.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,766 times
Just thought of it:

A co-worker of mine at work... Now this gal is tall... 6'1... her husband... shorter than me probably 5'3 at most... They have 2 kids and been married I believe she said 5 years. They are truly a perfect match for each other... See! There are some people who don't care about height... Some won't mind an inch or two; some might not a foot...

Old 10-18-2009, 08:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah as long as your good lookign cute/height means little, a attractive short guy is in a betetr positon then ta tall uglyor average looking guy

Im 5'8" which is short but not extremely short but i never blamed my height for lack of women its my lack of being good looking..
Yeah shortie so lemme see ya..mine is in my profile.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I accept that most women are sheep and constantly want to fit into what society tells them is acceptable and pop culture tells then short men arent attractive so they listen..
Not all ladies listen to all the popular stuff...I dated a man 5'5 and 5'8.. the taller man was the Korean man...lol

Old 10-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post

Ah ain't you a wee ladie..*wink* from Irish lass herself. lol

Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 AM

23 posts, read 49,218 times
i know i dont reject them..i love short men and im 5 feet

a man is a MAN...height dont matter...big thangs come in very small packages

Last edited by AuroraE95; 02-02-2010 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: just added stuff

Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 AM

31 posts, read 363,145 times
There is someone for everyone.
I am 5'8" and have done rather well over the years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships