Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 02:13 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,524,538 times

Advertisements

Yes, i have and probably would reject a guy that is too short, but i already got bashed real hard in other thread for saying this.
I feel is just preference, you know? Like a lot of men preffer blondes, and im a brunette, oh well, thats life. There are plenty of men that like brunettes too.
And there are plenty of women that dont mind short guys.

I know when i was in school/highschool i got very little attention from guys cause i had curly hair. But, what are you gonna do? if little kids didnt like it, then thats their problem. After i ended high school i didnt have any problem attracting guys and my hair is very complemented and fabulous (to be honest, i dont have it curly anymore, time has made it straighter, so now it looks long and wavy), and i dont resent or hate the guy i had a crush in 8th grade cause he didnt like me back.....

You just have to learn to work with what you got.
I think its unfair to being bashed for not liking short guys, when cd is full of people that only like anorexic-thin women, or dont like women of whatever race, or tall women or women of....you name it.

Thankfully, everyone likes different things. I might not be attracted to short men, but for some women, they might be the most desireable type of men outhere.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:25 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,524,538 times
Now that i think about it, the guy i had a HUGE crush during all high school and didnt like me back (i never told him i liked him, but i knew he didnt like me back) was VERY short.
Wow, thats shocking, i havent liked a short guy since i finished high school at 17 years old. But the guy i like from 13 to 17 was really short, way shorter than me. Im 5´8´and probably was that height in high school, and he maybe was...i dont know, 5´4´...he was very short, now that i think about it. But he was so good looking! I liked this guy so much and i remember thinking he was the most beautiful boy i ve ever seen.

This is weird and contradicts my non atraction to short guys, and funny that i never thought of him as a short guy till now that i started thinking about him when i wrote my last post and was all "wait, this guy was SHORT"

Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
I generally don't like men who are shorter than me. (There are exceptions). But usually we need to be at the same eye level. But I am average height, 5'4ish so it isn't too hard to be taller than me.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
I see nothing wrong with a woman rejecting a man based on his height. People reject others for many different reasons and there's not a darn thing you can do to change their perspective. I've been rejected more times than I can remember for being too tall and if someone is going to date you or not date you based on something so silly or superficial, that's their problem.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 AM

67 posts, read 394,111 times
It's all about how you as an individual feel about life. It is your perspective that determines your journey.

I'm not tall. I feel great though. I know I'm far from perfect yet I care about others around me.

At 53 I believe I'm a strong individual. I have done well in my life and for the most part I am proud of what I have accompanied so far.

When I am in the right zone I feel as attractive as others and when it happens on occasion I'm out of sorts I'm admittedly less attractive.

I've never believed it was my height or lack thereof but rather my perspective at any moment at time that dictates (sp) my so called attractiveness.

My two cents as a gentleman of 5'5 stature.

You are as good or as attractive as the perspective on life you hold.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:22 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,060 times
Doesnt matter. Its all about personality, confidence, charisma.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 AM

499 posts, read 756,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asma410 View Post
Doesnt matter. Its all about personality, confidence, charisma.

I'm okay with being rejected for height, so long as women do not have a problem with being rejected for race, color, weight, hair color, being a single mom or whatever. I don't have to state my REASON and just keep it at something like "I don't find dark skinned or pale women attractive", or "fat women don't do it for me".

We can leave it there. And you should take NO OFFENSE TO THAT or tell me that I am wrong for not being attracted to someone for whatever reason. For that, by all means, reject short guys until the cows come home

Old 09-18-2012, 08:12 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
I dont reject short guys, but I do reject guys in shorts.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,074 times
Not all, but many women do reject a guy based on height. This is because they have been brainwashed by Hollywood and American culture that a tall guy can provide "proctection" and "status." This is all bullsh*t. At 5'4 200lbs of muscle I can kick alot of tall guys ass's. There is a guy at my gym that is my height, 155lb MMA fighter that I would not want mess with. So take that protection theory and blow it out your as$.

There is also a double standard with alot of things in life and dating is no exception. If a girl rejects a guy based on height she is just choosing what she wants. If a guy rejects a girl based on her breast size he's an as$hole

Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Not all, but many women do reject a guy based on height. This is because they have been brainwashed by Hollywood and American culture that a tall guy can provide "proctection" and "status." This is all bullsh*t. At 5'4 200lbs of muscle I can kick alot of tall guys ass's. There is a guy at my gym that is my height, 155lb MMA fighter that I would not want mess with. So take that protection theory and blow it out your as$.

There is also a double standard with alot of things in life and dating is no exception. If a girl rejects a guy based on height she is just choosing what she wants. If a guy rejects a girl based on her breast size he's an as$hole

wrong. people have called the women names like 'judgmental,' and/or 'shallow' for NOT choosing short men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships