Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:36 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times

Advertisements

Try "ordinary" people. It will work better for you.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:48 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
This thread is brutal.

Especially more citing of that stupid 80/20 rule, a bunch of guys who don’t know what they’re talking about.

Not going to touch this one. So much disinformation, I really don’t have time to dissect.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:43 AM

710 posts, read 584,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Your theory presupposes that average men are interested in average women - they are all hoping for their above-average trophy girl. For all the dateless guys who whine here on CD-R, just ask them if they would consider dating an average looking woman.
I’m glad you can speak for what all men want despite not being one. Thanks for the insight! That’s like me saying the average woman isn’t interested in any men below 6 feet tall and is hoping for their 6’3 prince. It is just baseless and has no merit.

Last edited by Randomguy18; 12-23-2017 at 08:53 AM..

Old 12-23-2017, 10:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
So much disinformation, I really don’t have time to dissect.
On City-Data? No...

In this forum? No

Old 12-23-2017, 10:29 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I’m glad you can speak for what all men want despite not being one. Thanks for the insight! That’s like me saying the average woman isn’t interested in any men below 6 feet tall and is hoping for their 6’3 prince. It is just baseless and has no merit.
She has a point, though; on this forum, a LOT of guys complaining about not being able to get dates protest loudly as soon as someone suggests they go for average women.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:45 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She has a point, though; on this forum, a LOT of guys complaining about not being able to get dates protest loudly as soon as someone suggests they go for average women.
Going back to the OP's (flawed) analogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCggmsCXk4

Though, I say go for whatever job or person you want. Let them turn you down, don't turn yourself down. Don't be so arrogant as to assume you know what another person wants.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:55 AM

270 posts, read 282,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
If women looking for men online would just start spamming them and sending messages like: "hey cutie" " you can walk my dog!" "An artist? Will you paint me in the nude?" "got any more pics" "you're hot!" "what're you up to tonight?" "Too good to answer me?" "Those pics must be old!" and my allllll time favorite: "Nice try!"

As soon as women start acting like men, men will get all the 'unfair advantages' women have OLD.
Pretty much. If men stopped sending messages to every single woman on the dating website then she wouldn't have 50 messages in an hour. It's not an advantage it's an annoyance because you know most didn't read your profile and the message usually says something like "hey".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Because the "average guy" still needs to be charming, witty, kind, have money in the bank, fit, not live at home with mom, have really high career aspirations, be polite, ambitious, have great teeth, must love puppies, be educated, come from a good family, drive a nice car, be stylish, not too much video game playing, has a warm smile, likes to cook and clean, etc.

All the "average girl" has to do is not be fat.
Well maybe men should up their standards a bit.

And this is bs btw, there are so many women that give men chances that are nothing what you described.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:55 AM

902 posts, read 746,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
80/20 rule my friend. 80% of women want to be with 20% of best men. Not only that, they do not care if a top 20% man, is sleeping with several other women. In fact, it makes him even more attractive. There are statistical studies that show that 60%+ women get to pro-create during their lifetime, despite a smaller fertility window than men. Only 40% of men however, get to pass on their genes. Traditional marriage was supposed fix this issue, by pairing a single man with a single woman, allowing for things to balance themselves out naturally but only if the marriage was a lifelong proposition. Today that is no longer the case, as people dont get married as much and the marriages dont really last, statistically anyway. WOmen want only top men, and ignore the rest.
Yup, only the deluded deny these facts. It is a good time to be a cat though, though when you die alone they will feed on the corpses

Old 12-23-2017, 11:00 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Maybe not you, but a sht-ton of dudes here make this assertion. They're ALL about it. Not just "some women go after..." but "women like..." as if we're a monolith. Which is why it's important to qualify such statements. I've dated plenty of average, regular guys who are not like the bitter and angsty types here and elsewhere.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:03 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Going back to the OP's (flawed) analogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCggmsCXk4

Though, I say go for whatever job or person you want. Let them turn you down, don't turn yourself down. Don't be so arrogant as to assume you know what another person wants.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships