Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2017, 07:23 PM

710 posts, read 585,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I’m sorry but I could not disagree with you more. Louis CK is sofa king correct on the subject and the irony coming from him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRzs7v0do_Q
I can agree that men pose more of a threat to be violent to a woman that the other way around, I’m not debating that. But I’m very skeptical about the claim that there’s way more “scumbag” men than women in the dating world. Mostly every man that I know, from myself, to my dad, to my brother, to my friends have dealt with manipulative/abusive/mentally unstable/vindictive women and I know some women who have done terrible things to their significant others. I personally know a woman who routinely sees a family member of mine behind her husband’s back. I don’t believe that women are to be trusted more than men are. There’s no sort of statistic that can prove this, but if there are more scumbag men than women out there then I don’t think it’s by a wide margin.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:41 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I’m sorry but I could not disagree with you more. Louis CK is sofa king correct on the subject and the irony coming from him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRzs7v0do_Q
Lol, there are just as many scumbag women out there. Completely disagree with you and the video.

Those kinds of women just usually tend to be a lot more discreet about it.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:49 PM

661 posts, read 522,145 times
Well, we can all say that the problem and decline in the dating world is corruption, like with anything else touched in western civilization.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:24 PM

124 posts, read 99,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Lol, there are just as many scumbag women out there. Completely disagree with you and the video.

Those kinds of women just usually tend to be a lot more discreet about it.
It's sad and a big part of the "dating & coupling up" problem as these scumbag men & women, screw up the whole dating scene by making quality sincere singles shy away from even getting involved in the fiasco.

there's still hope...and just read a new thread, looks like hitting up the local bars may work

Old 12-24-2017, 04:40 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
Also, let's go on to the role cultural and political/economic engineering could play a factor in these complaining men's lives too.
Well if we go by the old ways men wouldn't be frustrated, but most would be dead.
That is, in a flock of mostly women, an entering male will fight and kill the dominating male, and thereby take access to the females, regardless of their desires. At the very least 1 person in the pack (the conquering male) will be happy.
A lot of males will still feel the instinctive urge to work through this dynamic, but will be held back because of the artificial constraints imposed by impending jailtime after such actions.
As crude and violent as this system is, it does give clear rules to who gets the to pick mating partners, clear rules that most frustrated men are missing, hence questions like "are all average men screwed in dating?".

The answer question is "Yes" both then and now, the difference is you wouldn't have to be frustrated about it if you were turned into a corpse when you failed a try.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:56 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,867,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Because the "average guy" still needs to be charming, witty, kind, have money in the bank, fit, not live at home with mom, have really high career aspirations, be polite, ambitious, have great teeth, must love puppies, be educated, come from a good family, drive a nice car, be stylish, not too much video game playing, has a warm smile, likes to cook and clean, etc.

All the "average girl" has to do is not be fat.
The average adult woman in the US, and in several other similar first world nations, is overweight. That's not a value judgement or an aesthetic opinion or anything like that, it's just statistics, like the average adult female height being about 5'6''. Most people are "fat" these days. So your "average guy" is competing with other "average guys" for less than half the adult female population, if weight is the primary consideration. So yes, those women can get away with being more choosy, eh?

Old 12-24-2017, 08:17 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Because those are rare qualities these days, especially to find in the same person.
but at least those qualities are actually in the control of that woman, unlike requirements of specific levels of employment and income(which are at the whim of an HR department). or education level (not intellect) which depends on whether his parents could afford to send him to college or if he was willing to put himself in dept for student loans.
"Not overweight" is a rare quality? Where do you live, cyph? It sounds like you need a change of scenery. And "nice" is very ho-hum, dime-a-dozen. Men don't seem to want "nice", unless "hot" is also part of the package.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
All women have to do is look pretty and wait to be chosen.
This has got to be sarcasm. Please tell us it's sarcasm.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
The average adult woman in the US, and in several other similar first world nations, is overweight. That's not a value judgement or an aesthetic opinion or anything like that, it's just statistics, like the average adult female height being about 5'6''. Most people are "fat" these days. So your "average guy" is competing with other "average guys" for less than half the adult female population, if weight is the primary consideration. So yes, those women can get away with being more choosy, eh?

Well, if I lived in interior Alaska, where you do, I'd probably be overweight, too. But the average woman in the West Coast regions where I've lived, and even in parts of the SW I've been to, outside of the Hispanic populations, is slim. Move to coastal CA or Colorado, and you'll find a different world, Frosty.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:29 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
All women have to do is look pretty and wait to be chosen.
What if they aren't "pretty"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships