Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 11:07 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
This.
I should quit giving such good advice in this forum and let guys go about like the ass clowns they are.

"Competition" and all that

On that note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Because the "average guy" still needs to be charming, witty, kind, have money in the bank, fit, not live at home with mom, have really high career aspirations, be polite, ambitious, have great teeth, must love puppies, be educated, come from a good family, drive a nice car, be stylish, not too much video game playing, has a warm smile, likes to cook and clean, etc.
This is so true!
Guys, if you are not this, then just give up.
These are the minimum barriers for entry into the dating world. Having these qualities, might, and I mean, might give you access to the lowest 20% of women. The ones you find least attractive and have the most to worry about with them taking your money and freedom.

Stay away!!!!!!!!11111ONE

Last edited by CBeisbol; 12-23-2017 at 11:15 AM..

Old 12-23-2017, 11:31 AM

777 posts, read 452,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
80/20 rule my friend. 80% of women want to be with 20% of best men. Not only that, they do not care if a top 20% man, is sleeping with several other women. In fact, it makes him even more attractive.
Absolutely not. If I got a whiff of player from a guy, he was gone. If I didn't think a man was willing and able to be monogamous, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Now, did I get stung by a couple? Yes. But not on purpose. I never have been willing to be part of a harem. I don't think I am alone in that.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:16 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
80/20 rule my friend. 80% of women want to be with 20% of best men. Not only that, they do not care if a top 20% man, is sleeping with several other women. In fact, it makes him even more attractive. There are statistical studies that show that 60%+ women get to pro-create during their lifetime, despite a smaller fertility window than men. Only 40% of men however, get to pass on their genes. Traditional marriage was supposed fix this issue, by pairing a single man with a single woman, allowing for things to balance themselves out naturally but only if the marriage was a lifelong proposition. Today that is no longer the case, as people dont get married as much and the marriages dont really last, statistically anyway. WOmen want only top men, and ignore the rest.
In case you think you've come up with an original thought, I thought I'd let you know we see this nonsense around here on a regular basis, year after year. Just saying. Instead of believing in the fantasy of an 80/20 rule, why not use your own powers of observation, noticing the tremendous variety of couples all around you? Did you never notice in college that some of the women would get all goofy over the class nerds, or the quiet, mousy accountant types?

Not to mention--noticing how many whiny, dateless guys want the top 20% of women? lol

Post--FAIL!

Old 12-23-2017, 01:54 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Highly disagree. What is this based on?
I’m sorry but I could not disagree with you more. Louis CK is sofa king correct on the subject and the irony coming from him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRzs7v0do_Q

Old 12-23-2017, 02:37 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I suppose it's futile to point out again that for every romantic relationship a woman finds, there's a man that just 'found' one too.
That's not what the thread disputes, it says that for every man who is NOT in a relationship/bedding women, there is less women open to dating him than he is open to dating.
If there is 1 woman and 1 man, and he is open to being with her, but she doesn't reciprocate, then she already has an infinate amount of opportunities more compared to him.

Let's say 80% of women would go for 20% of men primarily but will settle for someone within the top 45% when they find the dating game futile
For men it's more like 95% of men will go for 50 of women, but would settle for the top 75% when they find the dating game futile
This would mean both sexes has a pool of hopeless cases on the bottom, a mid section who will eventually find someone who'll settle for them and a top section that has their pick. The difference would still be that women appear to be a lot pickier than men.

Looking at this from an evolutionary standpoint and our overpopulation, it would stand to reason that both sexes are too accepting and that a more rigorous selection would be beneficial for increasing the quality of our species. However looking at the back wood specimens procreating like crazy this would probably rather be a way toward idiocracy than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
If say it’s harder for women as there a lot more scumbag guys out there than gals.

Much more crap to parse through from their perspective.
I wouldn't say that, women are simply scumbags in less obvious ways, usually referred to as "being a *****" or "having her period"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Because the "average guy" still needs to be charming, witty, kind, have money in the bank, fit, not live at home with mom, have really high career aspirations, be polite, ambitious, have great teeth, must love puppies, be educated, come from a good family, drive a nice car, be stylish, not too much video game playing, has a warm smile, likes to cook and clean, etc.

All the "average girl" has to do is not be fat.
So bolded parts... would you not say that possessing these qualities makes this hypothetical guy diverge from being "average"?

I mean an average girl is not expected to be highly educated, have tons of money, huge **** etc, for "average woman" I'd say we're talking about a plain girl who is able to have some sort of job whether qualified or not, is neither obese nor particularly fit, reads occasionally but isn't particularly well-read, etc.

Likewise if we're talking about an average single guy between say 25-35, let's say he's got a median american income whatever that is, works 35-45h/week, drives a 2008 toyota, has a rented flat and a bachelors degree in something neither interesting or irrelevant, and might be paying on studentloans rather than having any substancial amount in the bank, and let's say a BMI of 24 with neither substantial muscle or fat, and a height of 5'9 or whatever comes before 6' in the foot-system, average facial features, lets say intelligence but not much wits, some humor, but nothing to write home about.
This guy is useless dating material right?

What your answer is really saying is that if someone is "average", they can either evolve to way above average or F off from the dating game.
Edit; US median income for full time working males is $43317/year
Average height is 5'10 for non-hispanic white men, 5'9.5 for all US men.

Last edited by SwedishViking; 12-23-2017 at 02:56 PM..

Old 12-23-2017, 02:43 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She has a point, though; on this forum, a LOT of guys complaining about not being able to get dates protest loudly as soon as someone suggests they go for average women.
Because they are all entitled to and deserve above average women...and for "free" - that is, no investment of time, emotion, or god forbid - money.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:48 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
That's not what the thread disputes, it says that for every man who is NOT in a relationship/bedding women, there is less women open to dating him than he is open to dating.
If there is 1 woman and 1 man, and he is open to being with her, but she doesn't reciprocate, then she already has an infinate amount of opportunities more compared to him.
This is one way in which the OP, and others like him, go wrong. If there's 1 man and 1 woman, and the woman tries to strike up a conversation with the guy, but he walks away, nobody wins. The woman is left to try to approach other guys, all of whom may walk away.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:09 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is one way in which the OP, and others like him, go wrong. If there's 1 man and 1 woman, and the woman tries to strike up a conversation with the guy, but he walks away, nobody wins. The woman is left to try to approach other guys, all of whom may walk away.
and if that would be the case they too, would have had an infinity more opportunities than she did, as well.

Whomever is wanted has the opportunity, whoever wants but is not accepted has none. Regardless of gender.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:41 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I find it odd when some brag that they have no standards.

"My only requirement is just not overweight", and "Just has to be a nice person, that's it".
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-23-2017, 04:08 PM

661 posts, read 522,145 times
Also, let's go on to the role cultural and political/economic engineering could play a factor in these complaining men's lives too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships