Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 04:24 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I find it odd when some brag that they have no standards.

"My only requirement is just not overweight", and "Just has to be a nice person, that's it".
Because those are rare qualities these days, especially to find in the same person.
but at least those qualities are actually in the control of that woman, unlike requirements of specific levels of employment and income(which are at the whim of an HR department). or education level (not intellect) which depends on whether his parents could afford to send him to college or if he was willing to put himself in dept for student loans.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:25 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Because those are rare qualities these days, especially to find in the same person.
but at least those qualities are actually in the control of that woman, unlike requirements of specific levels of employment and income(which are at the whim of an HR department). or education level (not intellect) which depends on whether his parents could afford to send him to college or if he was willing to put himself in dept for student loans.
Lol. "Not overweight" and "nice" are rare qualities? Really? And let's not go down that silly road of assuming the qualities and traits "women" look for are simply stats. It's simply not the case. There are also men here, or former active members, that preferred women of a certain educational background and SES, so it's not a "women" thing. There are also plenty of women that don't place a premium on formal education and SES. Like, most of my friends who are married to enlisted servicemembers prior to going back to school and men who gained expertise in a tech field through self-studies, and men without formal education that possess all the qualities and traits they value.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:36 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
I tried not to dwell excessively on it. All I really tried to do was live my life best I can. Do things I enjoy doing, and try to treat others the way I want to be treated, and let the chips fall where they may. I finally met The One, albeit in a different country, but that's great too. I tried-didn't always succeed, at letting frustration get to me. I know that in this forum i haven't always put my best foot forward. so I do need to "mend fences" a bit. Let's see what happens:

In the dating world, when things aren't going well, or when things go poorly, men need to take a look at themselves and figure out what they are doing wrong. Let's be honest, it's men-and only men- that are to blame for what's wrong in the dating world. Women almost never act poorly, and the rare times they do,m it's only in response to some awful thing the man has done. I read about women being gold-diggers, game players, selfish, etc, but the truth is, there are zero women who behave that way in reality, whereas stories about men being shallow, egotistical, whoredogs, immature lazy low-lifes, well those men DO exist in reality, and lots of them!. Why is that? not sure- I think it has to do with the fact that women are vastly superior human beings.

There. Is that better?

Old 12-23-2017, 05:59 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,863,511 times
All women have to do is look pretty and wait to be chosen.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:01 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Trust me - that attitude will never get you anywhere.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:56 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,018 times
Quote:
Yes, and it's easier for an average woman to look pretty than it is for an average man.

Stay fit, wear makeup, voila.

Whereas a guy has to deal with his natural looks including his height.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:56 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
It wouldn't be Saturday night, 2 days before Christmas
if All Ya'll wasn't complaining about your p!$$ poor luck at dating.

However, eyes on the prize, guys... and gals.

I'mma jump in the shower and put on my best cologne,
go out tonight and place my bet on the roulette wheel one more time

when you get tired of the chase, you can always get a dog or cat. I promise they will lick your face and wag their tail when they see you, even if nobody else will.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:08 PM

710 posts, read 584,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She has a point, though; on this forum, a LOT of guys complaining about not being able to get dates protest loudly as soon as someone suggests they go for average women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Maybe not you, but a sht-ton of dudes here make this assertion. They're ALL about it. Not just "some women go after..." but "women like..." as if we're a monolith. Which is why it's important to qualify such statements. I've dated plenty of average, regular guys who are not like the bitter and angsty types here and elsewhere.
I don’t disagree, my gripe was her saying “all” as in all men feel that way which is ridiculous.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:16 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times
Quote:
That is the best advice I can get as a single woman ha ha

Old 12-23-2017, 07:17 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
It wouldn't be Saturday night, 2 days before Christmas
if All Ya'll wasn't complaining about your p!$$ poor luck at dating.

However, eyes on the prize, guys... and gals.

I'mma jump in the shower and put on my best cologne,
go out tonight and place my bet on the roulette wheel one more time

when you get tired of the chase, you can always get a dog or cat. I promise they will lick your face and wag their tail when they see you, even if nobody else will.
I like that sentence very much .. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships