Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 03:56 PM

731 posts, read 679,226 times

Advertisements

^^^^^like^^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 03:57 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I'm sure you can find a group for every interest out there... I don't think the poster implied that you have to force yourself to participate in a group that you have no interest in. One of the great things about meeting in such a group is that the ice is already broken... everyone in that group has a common interest from which to approach and converse.

Sure, that makes sense. Personally, my hobbies are more solo, and the few that aren't are heavily male dominated. That said, its still very possible to meet women and connect with on issues. Hopefully people have rich enough lives where they have more than a couple of things that keep their interest. Often these groups can be good for making friends, but not more. Like, I've done our community servings alumni group for years, we serve meals a night a month at a shelter. Never once have I met a single lady +/- 8-10 years or so doing so, they tend not to do such things. Same with some meetups I do, nature photography, etc. Single women don't do them. Yeah, the ice is broken, but I'm not going to meet a woman doing so.

Thankfully, we have apps for that. It truly is a godsend.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:03 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times
Big box hardware stores.

Good place to meet guys, and for guys to meet girls.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If someone pretended to be into something to try to connect with me, and I found out it was a ruse, then I would 100% be turned off once I found out they had misled me. There is no reason for such games. Just be yourself, and it will work, or it won't.
100%? Wow

It's great that you have standards. Of course, pretending to like a band isn't like identity theft or anything.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:36 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sure, that makes sense. Personally, my hobbies are more solo, and the few that aren't are heavily male dominated. That said, its still very possible to meet women and connect with on issues. Hopefully people have rich enough lives where they have more than a couple of things that keep their interest. Often these groups can be good for making friends, but not more. Like, I've done our community servings alumni group for years, we serve meals a night a month at a shelter. Never once have I met a single lady +/- 8-10 years or so doing so, they tend not to do such things. Same with some meetups I do, nature photography, etc. Single women don't do them. Yeah, the ice is broken, but I'm not going to meet a woman doing so.

Thankfully, we have apps for that. It truly is a godsend.
All the ladies I have seriously dated have started out as friends.... I wouldn't shy away from situations that seem more likely to be groups to establish friendships. I've met many single women in photography groups but I was married at that time period so I wouldn't pursue but the opportunity was there. Could be locale...

Half the time you could simply ask.. Canon or Nikon and go from there... Lol

Old 02-06-2018, 08:17 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,585,544 times
Some religious denominations preach that sex should be had in marriage only.

For example, Missouri Synod Lutherans believe this and many of the males follow it.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:20 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
[Originally Posted by usayit View Post
We get a lot of married and older guys calling... Yes... we also get requests for sex without condom...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Oh I picked up on the pimp thing awhile ago.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:22 PM

166 posts, read 116,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Rhetorical question:

Was chatting with a guy, 40 years old, single no kids, decent job, never been in a relationship longer than a couple of months. Nothing special looks-wise, doesn't seem to be a player either. Didn't strike me as someone who has an endless stream of women willing to have no-strings sex with.

How does sex work in this context? To me, seems like, as a young man, he has been either:
a. "hiring" women
b. has had someone steady on the side to have sex with outside of relationship
c. low sex drive

This is probably wrong and/or simplistic... But I can't help but wonder

Thoughts?
He isn't from another planet.
Nor does he have a low sex drive, not sure where that came from
Most normal people have never "hired" anyone, that is a strange one to add
Not sure if he's had a steady person on the side to have sex with, that is a possibility but not sure that
means anything.
How about he hasn't found the right person yet to marry?

My Cousin found the love of his life at age 52. He was crushed when she passed away. He was not a player and offered he's never had anyone on the side since it's basically molesting someone with their consent. No one should be using their own feelings and humanness against nature for a buck or two but some need to, I know. To meet basic needs.

It's just probably not his time yet.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:34 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,108,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLeg View Post
Most normal people have never "hired" anyone, that is a strange one to add
People who make generalisations know very little about those who do 'hire' someone on occasion. I do it regularly and I'm as normal as I care to be, thank you.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:59 PM

159 posts, read 238,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
This.

This would get you laid.

At your age, most women expect that you know your way around the block, and will be pretty disappointed, UNLESS they know upfront, that you're inexperienced. There would be plenty of women who will accept that challenge.
Sassybluesy - Are you one of those women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships