Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 09:55 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,838,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But then posts like yours can easily be misunderstood as dripping with contempt, since language and tone do matter. Last I checked
Contempt? no, Factual yes. You don't like my tone or suggestions? Ignore them and don't post your personal life on line.
I can be as compassionate as the Mother Theresa, but also as real as Paul Harvey. You don't do anyone any good by playing along with their weaknesses. You direct and offer solutions. They don't want to try and follow that advise? Then they make up an excuses because all throughout life they've been given "Participation Awards" and games that no one kept score, because that would create "low Self-Esteem" Wow, look what we have here, all that generalizing and not building healthy sportsman competitive spirit has worked wonders for several generations.
Coddling and babytalk aren't beneficial in the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 09:56 AM

8,273 posts, read 8,662,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
I'll answer with a question: is it that easy to find a new woman every couple months to have casual sex with?
It's not hard to find one every couple of days or everyday if you put out the effort. You couldn't have been serious with that question.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:05 AM

8,273 posts, read 8,662,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah I go out to bars every few weeks or so with friends I just don't have the balls to approach random women even when drunk..

Plus I don't think im attractive enough for a women to want a one night stand with me.
Sometimes I used to wait until the random women were drunk and approached me. Works either way.

I don't get all of the people that say they aren't attractive enough. Go to a mall or any place with a crowd. You will see couples. Some are fat, short, missing limbs, acne, no teeth, poorly dressed, stupid, and whatever else people consider a flaw and THEY HAVE SOMEONE!

Old 02-05-2018, 10:15 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Sometimes I used to wait until the random women were drunk and approached me. Works either way.

I don't get all of the people that say they aren't attractive enough. Go to a mall or any place with a crowd. You will see couples. Some are fat, short, missing limbs, acne, no teeth, poorly dressed, stupid, and whatever else people consider a flaw and THEY HAVE SOMEONE!
Amazingly, some possess all of those traits, although if the shortness is due to missing limbs are they really all that, um....never mind. Wonders never cease though.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:20 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,547,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post

you don't understand them, they want their perfect dream barbie girl

what they don't get is that such a woman would also want a perfect dream ken doll boyfriend, but they aren't that if they look in the mirror

Old 02-05-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Studies show that the longer you wait, the less likely is it to ever happen.

The hard fact is that adults who do not want to be virgins have to do something proactive about it. They need to identify the barriers and aggressively move them out of the way. No, it's not "fair" but it is a direct consequence of failure to act at an earlier age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Contempt? no, Factual yes. You don't like my tone or suggestions? Ignore them and don't post your personal life on line.
I can be as compassionate as the Mother Theresa, but also as real as Paul Harvey. You don't do anyone any good by playing along with their weaknesses. You direct and offer solutions. They don't want to try and follow that advise? Then they make up an excuses because all throughout life they've been given "Participation Awards" and games that no one kept score, because that would create "low Self-Esteem" Wow, look what we have here, all that generalizing and not building healthy sportsman competitive spirit has worked wonders for several generations.
Coddling and babytalk aren't beneficial in the real world.
But notice Zen's post above. She can be a little abrupt at times, but even when she is she strives to offer advice people can actually hear (see) without getting defensive. She tailors advice to her audience. You do realize that people who are admitting their struggles to strangers might be a bit sensitive, right? Your approach would likely be more effective with someone who typically functions well with dating, but has hit a slump and is feeling sorry for him or herself. That may not be the case here, though.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:25 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,547,752 times
Quote:
But notice Zen's post above. She can be a little abrupt at times, but even when she is she strives to offer advice people can actually hear (see) without getting defensive. She tailors advice to her audience. You do realize that people who are admitting their struggles to strangers might be a bit sensitive, right? Your approach would likely be more effective with someone who typically functions well with dating, but has hit a slump and is feeling sorry for him or herself. That may not be the case here, though.
and per thread title... you'd think someone aged 40 would be more of an adult to know how to interpret and filter advice

stop treating everyone with baby gloves when they aren't babies <-- maybe that's why they can't date anyone? they act too much like an kid, at 40?

Old 02-05-2018, 10:37 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
you don't understand them, they want their perfect dream barbie girl

what they don't get is that such a woman would also want a perfect dream ken doll boyfriend, but they aren't that if they look in the mirror
That's bull****..sure I want a women I'm physically attracted to but I'm not asking for perfection..

Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
and per thread title... you'd think someone aged 40 would be more of an adult to know how to interpret and filter advice

stop treating everyone with baby gloves when they aren't babies <-- maybe that's why they can't date anyone? they act too much like an kid, at 40?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
That's bull****..sure I want a women I'm physically attracted to but I'm not asking for perfection..
My bad. You're a paragon of effectiveness.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:47 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
My bad. You're a paragon of effectiveness.
Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships