Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 11:20 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
There are not-unattractive women out there who would love to usher you into manhood. Have you tried mentioning on your profile that you are "inexperienced" and looking for a female "guiding hand"? I bet that would bring some action to your Inbox.

[Standing by for your reason this can never work...]
Not a bad point but it's something I don't like to admit to people because I'm ashamed..I was actually thinking of telling my women friend that to see if she help me out lol but I'm too embarrassed to tell people I'm still a virgin..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 11:20 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
There are not-unattractive women out there who would love to usher you into manhood. Have you tried mentioning on your profile that you are "inexperienced" and looking for a female "guiding hand"? I bet that would bring some action to your Inbox.

[Standing by for your reason this can never work...]
Does a guiding hand count as sex, though? Oh, sorry. Carry on.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:24 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, I'm not either (and I'm FAR from good looking). And a "little while" doesn't cut it. You quit to easily.
I think timberline is right. You could ask your woman friend to help you with pictures. There's a lot of decent advice on-line for people who aren't all that photogenic. And besides, pictures tell more of a story than simply announcing what you look like.

Get past the photo issue and OLD or apps could be good for someone with social anxiety.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:33 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,838,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But notice Zen's post above. She can be a little abrupt at times, but even when she is she strives to offer advice people can actually hear (see) without getting defensive. She tailors advice to her audience. You do realize that people who are admitting their struggles to strangers might be a bit sensitive, right? Your approach would likely be more effective with someone who typically functions well with dating, but has hit a slump and is feeling sorry for him or herself. That may not be the case here, though.
And I see how the PC nice babysteps way is working for "EXCUSES since 1980" Seriously? sometimes a direct approach is necessary to get some people to quit complaining and start making things happen.
If the OP would TRY, to approach women, sooner or later one of them is going to take him up on his offer. He's the one with the desperation, and excuses. Every suggestion on this forum, and he makes an excuse of why that won't work for him.

Disagree with my opinion all you want, but until you try it and it doesn't work, you haven't disproved it. You've only shown that you don't really want to try and work to make something happen.

Samuel Clemens: " Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Old 02-05-2018, 11:39 AM

336 posts, read 195,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I've tried old for a little while and got no responses back ..I'm not photogenic at all so old doesn't work for me..
No you just dont want to man. There is an answer for everything but the reality is....its all between your ears, bud. Provided, its a legit point that some guys have it easier than others, because of being taller or well off or handsome, but the truth is that if you can focus on things that you can change and have a good attitude about and do the best with what youve got, you can also have some success in dating. Trust me, there was a period in my life where I sounded exactly like you, and always had a reason of why it wasnt my faiult that I was failing at dating. Then with help of some people I talked to, and few books I read, I flipped the switch and all of a sudden a whole world of women opened up to me. I didnt grow another 6 inches, I didnt win the lottery, I didnt start driving a ferrarr. I just got it, that its all between our ears. It really is. Take it from a guy that struggled at some point, and now laughs at how easy it is.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:43 AM

6,633 posts, read 4,310,343 times
Sex is a need most of us have, but it is relatively more important to some than others.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:55 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
That's why they invented condoms... Why don't you take a trip to Columbia, DR or if Thailand and Philippines if you have more time. You will have a time of your life...
Condoms don't protect everything though.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:14 PM

235 posts, read 148,641 times
I mean I'm sure he has lots of sex..... with himself!! Honestly for some people it's the best. Not speaking from experience..... well after all I was a 40 yr old virgin so... maybe I am. *nudge nudge wink wink*

Old 02-05-2018, 01:06 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Rhetorical question:

Was chatting with a guy, 40 years old, single no kids, decent job, never been in a relationship longer than a couple of months. Nothing special looks-wise, doesn't seem to be a player either. Didn't strike me as someone who has an endless stream of women willing to have no-strings sex with.

How does sex work in this context? To me, seems like, as a young man, he has been either:
a. "hiring" women
b. has had someone steady on the side to have sex with outside of relationship
c. low sex drive

This is probably wrong and/or simplistic... But I can't help but wonder

Thoughts?
How would I know what this guy’s been doing? But yes, there are men and women out there who have gone years and decades without sex. Just because they aren’t necessarily broadcasting that to the rest of the world doesn’t mean that it isn’t the case.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:17 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Not a bad point but it's something I don't like to admit to people because I'm ashamed..I was actually thinking of telling my women friend that to see if she help me out lol but I'm too embarrassed to tell people I'm still a virgin..
While goind down an internet rabbit hole I stumbled on this blog, and it seems like something that you should read: You Are Your Own Worst Enemy

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 02-05-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships