Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 03:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I stumbled on this blog, and it seems like something that you should read: You Are Your Own Worst Enemy
We've all told him this a million billion times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 04:01 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
lol I don't want to go to a prostitute in fear of std's
As someone who partakes a couple of times a month, there's no cleaner or safer way to do it than with a professional. Sex workers have to take care of themselves and get tested regularly to protect their business.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:07 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
7 billion people on this planet last time I counted which amounts to around 7 billion stories. Unless the whole point of this thread to get in a cheap shot at women in general.
There doesn’t have to be a whole new thread just for that.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:15 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Are women so indiscriminate these days that they are willing to jump in bed with just about anyone? Wow.
Geez...are you...just out of it or what? Women have been having sex while not in committed relationships for a couple years now...maybe since the beginning of this millennia even! Oh yeah, that doesn't mean they "jump into bed with just about anyone".

Old 02-05-2018, 04:24 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Not a bad point but it's something I don't like to admit to people because I'm ashamed..I was actually thinking of telling my women friend that to see if she help me out lol but I'm too embarrassed to tell people I'm still a virgin..
Well you're going to have to admit it at some point, right? Unless you had the terrible idea of trying to fake it through your first kiss, foreplay and sex. Don't do it!

Here's what I think. You are embarrassed to be a virgin, but that's all it is. Sex isn't really that important to you. You are just afraid of being alone forever.

If you really wanted to experience intimacy for its own sake, you would have already powered through your fears and gotten that experience you crave. You would be less hung up on "attraction" and totally focused on getting your cement wet.

Millions of men (probably most!) were initially anxious about their first sexual experience and embarrassed and fearful of being exposed or making a mistake. But they still managed it, even as goofy teens.

I think your anxiety comes from someplace else.

(Haven't I told you this before?)

Old 02-05-2018, 09:38 PM

728 posts, read 472,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Are women so indiscriminate these days that they are willing to jump in bed with just about anyone? Wow.

I know a couple.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:57 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Maybe he’s part of the (very) wide world of hobbyists. Plenty of guys started a as a virgin. As long as you go with “411 verification”, it’s almost always a sure thing & cheaper than dating.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:38 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But notice Zen's post above. She can be a little abrupt at times, but even when she is she strives to offer advice people can actually hear (see) without getting defensive. She tailors advice to her audience. You do realize that people who are admitting their struggles to strangers might be a bit sensitive, right? Your approach would likely be more effective with someone who typically functions well with dating, but has hit a slump and is feeling sorry for him or herself. That may not be the case here, though.
The thing about advice is.. People who can claim to be "keeping it real" with their advice don't want to help you. They just want an excuse to tear you down. I struggled with women and when I admitted that here of all places people tore into me like I committed mass murder! Their advice didn't help me it made me feel worse about myself. Once I started listening to people who were kind and compassionate then my situation improved.

You (not you in general) can get your point across with being an insensitive ass. The world is hard enough.. Shouldn't the people who want actual kind advice confide to people who won't judge them?

Old 02-06-2018, 10:18 AM

114 posts, read 204,537 times
I have a friend, single, 49 and retired. Rides a bike 15,000 miles a year and every time I call him he is playing video games. I have not asked of course but I suspect he is a virgin. Weird personality that women find creepy and not attractive. Smart guy who had a good job, lived a frugal lifestyle, saved and retired early. Seems to enjoy himself.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:31 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
lol I know and I'm pretty horny but don't want to go to a prostitute in fear of std's
I know a a lot sex workers (and I'm not referring to low level street walkers willing to risk it for the next fix) that I'd rather trust with safe sex than some random lady at the bar; both too drunk to get the condom. Most sex workers I know wouldn't even entertain the idea of sex without condom with a client. Heck, clients get black listed for even asking

We get a lot of married and older guys calling... Yes... we also get requests for sex without condom and I don't know who is more nutz.. the willing sex worker or the client. Just imagine if the same group of guys end up at a bar with a random non-working lady... who doesn't know better.. or too drunk.

Honestly.... lately.... (at least in my area), I'd be more concerned with getting caught by LE than catching STDs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships