Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 11:37 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,871,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
In my experience, once single guys coupled off, they started bringing their gfs to game watching parties. Then the gfs became wives. The game watching parties turned into a litmus test on one's relationship status. Basically, Super Bowl Sunday became couples only. If you were a couple, you could go and feel included. If you were a single, you got invited but basically no one talked to you.

In my social circle, I'll only go to a Super Bowl party now as a coupled off person and not as a single.
Meh! I usually watch the Super Bowl with my Meetup groups. In those, nobody cares if you have an SO or not. Provided that you contribute fairly to the food/drinks, and not creep on the women.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:41 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I'm sure men hate Valentine's Day because it has degenerated into a materialistic Female Worship Day. There's a damn good reason the breakup season takes place between New Year and Valentine's Day.
Only if you pay attention to the hype. That is your choice. You can tune it out, and do your own thing. It's supposed to be a mutual kind of thing. Use your imagination, MillUrb, instead of always railing against "society". Get jiggy with it! You know--enjoy life, for once!

Old 02-11-2018, 11:44 AM

272 posts, read 185,141 times
Not every guy receives all those good things that you mention.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:48 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsy View Post
I am female and agree. Hate these Hallmark Holidays! We do celebrate our birthdays, wedding anniversary and day we met anniversary. I do get cards/ fussed over by my kids on mother’s day and I send out Christmas cards to a select few.

As for expecting something nice from my husband one day a year, dictated by Hallmark? No thank you, I won’t trade that for every other day of the year we celebrate our love. I get flowers and special treats for no reason at all! I get at least a loving or funny card once a month. I am told at least twice daily how much I am loved. Those are the last words we share with each other before we go to sleep and the first words we share when we wake up in the morning. Then, usually a number of times during the day. We go out for nice meals or mini celebrations for all kinds of things. Why wait for February 14th for that? Actually that is the one day we avoid going out.

Don’t wait for February 14th to show your love, show it everyday, every day should be a celebration.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:50 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I had a boss who told some of us that she straight out told her husband that she MUST receive roses at work on Valentine's Day. When the flowers arrived, she paraded them around the office saying, "Look what MY hubby sent me!!!" As if any of us were impressed. Then she would ask, "Did any of you gals get anything??"

A friend told me that she stopped speaking to her husband because he didn't send her flowers on Valentine's Day. She said he was neglecting her and she NEEDED to feel cherished. I asked if she'd shared her feelings with her husband and her reply was, "NO! He should know what I want!!!"

Maybe that's why some guys, married or not, are glad when "V" day is over.
Ugh.

I've had friends who were florists. They jack up the prices on Valentine's Day.

The best commercial thing about Valentine's Day is that all this chocolate goes on sale half price the day after!

Old 02-11-2018, 11:51 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
I would like to just go out to dinner... or a puppy.

None of the chocolate ****.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:04 PM

641 posts, read 405,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
In my experience, not in the slightest. All Super Bowl Sundays I attended for the past 4 years were diverse mixes of singles and couples, and no one gave a rat's behind who was which. It was diverse age-wise too. Not a trace of awkwardness in sight. Although maybe I was lucky at picking who to watch it with.

Whatever happened to the stereotype of Super Bowl Sunday being a guy thing, with women just shaking their heads at it? :think:
Advertising.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
I like Valentine's Day. I think it's fun.

My husband likes it too. He gets lots of chocolate. Sex is not an automatic tradition because it isn't like sex is so incredibly difficult to procure and rare or something. I mean we can have sex on the 13th and the 15th too, you know?

But See's Candies are only a few times a year. D

Old 02-11-2018, 12:17 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
I don't think most guys dislike Valentine's day, it's probably more of just indifference to it. These types of threads typically draw out the women hating set.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:47 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I like Valentine's Day. I think it's fun.

My husband likes it too. He gets lots of chocolate. Sex is not an automatic tradition because it isn't like sex is so incredibly difficult to procure and rare or something. I mean we can have sex on the 13th and the 15th too, you know?

But See's Candies are only a few times a year. D
I feel about VDay the same that I feel about New Year's. They're not real holidays, but it's fun to acknowledge them, and you don't have to be obnoxious about it. Sparkling wine and good snacks are always welcome.

I am cracking up that Super Bowl Sunday is being thrown around as a high pressure couples holiday, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships