Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 09:14 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,324,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly.

Guys, if you have to buy sex in this way...well...yeah. You're getting what you pay for.

Want to NOT have to buy sex with a thousand big gifts? Seek a real relationship and don't have it be with someone who will only hang around if you give her gifts.
For that you have to have "game" and a good personality. Many men are rather dull, boring, and predictable. Women will stay with these men to raise kids, and the might tolerate them, but they don't really light her fire like the men who have that zest for life and know how to grab it in an aggressive, playful, and edgy manner. There's a guy in my department that has confirmed all the red pill stuff perfectly because he can literally make any woman fall for him very quickly. They get giggly like little schoolgirls after his first couple of sentences of talking. As someone into human psychology it's interesting to observe. My co-workers who are non red pill married men deny this to me and say he probably doesn't get nearly as many women as he leads people to believe but I disagree... he does indeed.

All this said it doesn't take rocket science to figure out if the woman you're with really loves you or not.. men only have themselves to blame for sticking it out with gold digger women. It's so obvious studying body language to see when a woman is really turned on or likes a man, it amazes me how blind some men are and how blind I used to be. Knowledge is power.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:55 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,166,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Guys if you don't give your wife or girlfriend a brand new Lexus with a red bow on the hood for Valentines day you are a loser and your lady probably deserves someone better.
Uncle Bully, are you available? ;-) For those of us women who are hopelessly romantic AND accustomed to at least a carefully selected card with personal note, flowers and candy plus maybe nice dinner, it hurts when you get ZIP! This is the first year I got nothing (new relationship) but did give him a card, candy, breakfast. Know what he did when I told him I was hurt that he didn't give me even a card? Showed me the Walmart grocery receipt from today which he covered with his own account. (Subaru Outback preferred....).

Old 02-15-2018, 06:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,322,956 times
If you don't buy your girlfriend or wife that $1200 diamond necklace then you're an awful human being

Old 02-15-2018, 06:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,614,227 times
One year a boyfriend spent over $100 to have roses delivered to my office. Obviously I loved and appreciated them, but $100? They only last a few days. I said next year for $100 I could get a cart full of chocolates and other V-day goodies the day after when everything is 50% off or more. Didn't happen, but I think he was glad to know I didn't need $100 roses.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,064,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If you don't buy your girlfriend or wife that $1200 diamond necklace then you're an awful human being

I always wonder about this, of course about wives but also about cohabitating SOs, when I see these commercials at Christmas, V-Day, Mother's Day, and so on...when you see commercials for pricey items. Jewelry is one but things like cars are another. It always blows my head.

My husband and I have had this conversation, actually.

"Honey, merry Christmas! I got us a new Lexus payment for the next 7 years."

Um, thank you?

We laugh about that. NO THANK YOU. I don't need to hang a thousand dollars around my neck when I'd rather be getting braces for our son a few months earlier. Or be "surprised" with a car payment hanging around my neck FOR YEARS to come. :wow:

I mean of course there are couples who keep their funds separate but even then they're probably buying certain big ticket items together. It just seems weird to me that average-means people would overextend themselves AND the SO and call it a gift. In the commercial the husband throws his arms around the wife and dances around like a happy little boy or whatever when she "gives" him the car with the big bow...yeah, I dunno...that would be "thank you" with a question mark for me, LOL. Merry Christmas, 84 months of car payments! Or HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Now our kid can't get orthodontics until next year.

Maybe I'm just not romantic, LOL!

Old 02-16-2018, 01:14 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,652,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
The stereotypical stuff that people think of when they think of V-Day - flowers, candy, writing out your feelings - isn't stuff that falls into most men's wheelhouse.

And yes, marketers have made it a VERY high-expectation holiday.
I agree - the phrase "VERY high-expectation holiday" is a good point. The expectations can
be grossly unrealistic.

Generally, I view Valentine's Day as a holiday for couples early in a relationship that is in very high
momentum - the "romatic stage 1 of euphoria". The most realistic description I have ever read
about the stages of marriage is given here.
https://firstthings.org/seasons-of-a-marriage/

So, the people who love Valentine's Day are often in stage 1. But the question is, how doe they feel
about Valentine's Day when they get to the other stages?

The answer is that the relationship usually starts to hit rocky low points deep in a marriage, and
many couples divorce in January through March. Ironically, the season centered upon Valentine's Day
is often near the maximum volume of divorce filings. Experienced divorce attorneys are very familiar
with this demographic pattern.
It's No Secret

So, I have become a skeptic. To me, young couples who are euphoric around Valentine's Day
have yet to face the reality checks of stages II-IV as described in that first link. When they are
middle-aged, they might just become like the couple in this scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED7_y4jETo0

To be fair, there are couples who weather the storms of stages II-IV and actually continue to enjoy
Valentine's Day in the twilight years. But they are far and few in between. It's analagous to going undefeated in
SEC football - most teams aren't able to do it. A couple that goes the distance is similar - a monumental achievement
of hitting stage 5 into the twilight years.
http://www.startribune.com/married-7...deo/421018213/

Old 02-16-2018, 03:15 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,930,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Anybody else do anything, or give or get anything, fun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post

I don't have a wide or girlfriend.
I did buy myself an international boat trip

Old 02-16-2018, 07:16 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,434,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
One year a boyfriend spent over $100 to have roses delivered to my office. Obviously I loved and appreciated them, but $100? They only last a few days. I said next year for $100 I could get a cart full of chocolates and other V-day goodies the day after when everything is 50% off or more. Didn't happen, but I think he was glad to know I didn't need $100 roses.
Personally I hate roses and would be so disappointed if my DH wasted money on them. Good thing he knows better, lol.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:16 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,415,706 times
The real Valentine's Day is on February 15th when all the chocolate goes on sale.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:18 AM

29,764 posts, read 34,486,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The real Valentine's Day is on February 15th when all the chocolate goes on sale.
Of course now stores move discount V-day sweets out real quick to make room for full-price Easter candy, so you have to be clever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships