Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 01:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post

I just don't understand this family. .

Why do you want to try to, is the real question.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:40 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
She's decided to go to the hospital. Instead of her mom driving her to the hospital, she calls an ambulance. Grandma is there, but doesn't drive. Since she doesn't have a phone, she's going to be dependent on mom for any sort of communication. Grandpa is charging them, but obviously he can't go over there with everyone at the hospital. She's had fourteen hospital admissions since the start of 2017.

I just don't understand this family. Why wouldn't you give the disabled person a phone first? The parents are paying for her younger brother's phone. He doesn't work. Why doesn't someone drive the car to keep it running and in decent shape? The cats aggravate her allergies, yet they bring more cats in the house. They made ribs Monday night, but ate them on the couch and in the rocking chairs like pigs. GF and me were the only ones eating at the table like normal people. Messy as hell. Grandma is there all day and could clean, but the place is a mess. They aren't bad people and I think they try, but the entire family except GF seem completely inept and clueless. Some of the explanations they've given for things make no sense at all. I know their situation sucks, but man, their behavior just makes more problems on top of the real ones they have no control over.
okay, now you are just teasing us. No SANE person would continue to WANT to be part of that family from hell. This is just nuts.

You completely lost all sympathy from me. And I don't understand why you keep adding more weird info about this family after EVERYONE tells you to GTFO. With every further post you lose more credibility.

Sorry, I really couldn't say it any nicer way. I think you need to step outside your body for a minute and look at the situation from an objective point of view.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:51 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
okay, now you are just teasing us. No SANE person would continue to WANT to be part of that family from hell. This is just nuts.

You completely lost all sympathy from me. And I don't understand why you keep adding more weird info about this family after EVERYONE tells you to GTFO. With every further post you lose more credibility.
Because he's trying to generate a "Serious Conversation"?

Old 03-21-2018, 01:57 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:

Sorry, I really couldn't say it any nicer way. I think you need to step outside your body for a minute and look at the situation from an objective point of view.
You just started dating this woman. You are doing FAR, FAR more for her, and for her family, than most people that are engaged (maybe even married).

Now you want your grandfather to fix their appliances and plumbing?

Fix the appliances and plumbing for the parents of a woman who you only dated a few times. Are you F---ing Crazy? You are getting in way too far, way too fast, way too deep. I can't believe that you don't see this. I hope that your grandfather tries to set you straight and refuses to do that.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:02 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
I already told him how she could get a free phone and was ignored even for that .
This is beyond ridiculous.
The rest of you, enjoy, I'm gone

Old 03-21-2018, 02:47 PM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times
She must be hot or talented in other ways for anyone to put up with that kind of drama for more than 5 minutes lol

Old 03-21-2018, 02:51 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
You just started dating this woman. You are doing FAR, FAR more for her, and for her family, than most people that are engaged (maybe even married).

Now you want your grandfather to fix their appliances and plumbing?

Fix the appliances and plumbing for the parents of a woman who you only dated a few times. Are you F---ing Crazy? You are getting in way too far, way too fast, way too deep. I can't believe that you don't see this. I hope that your grandfather tries to set you straight and refuses to do that.
Lol. I completely agree.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
She must be hot or talented in other ways for anyone to put up with that kind of drama for more than 5 minutes lol
She hasn't shown him her TALENTS yet, but she can paint bird houses

Old 03-21-2018, 03:38 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
She hasn't shown him her TALENTS yet, but she can paint bird houses
Didnt the OP say he had to carry her around and she sometimes used a wheelchair?

Ummmm...would he then also have to help with her "talents"

Lol. I'm lost for words

Old 03-21-2018, 05:43 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She may not be able to afford it. When I went to PT under my top tier Blue Cross Plan, I still had to pay $50 a pop. $50 3x/week or even 2x/week is more than many can afford. If she has a several thousand dollar deductible she has to reach before insurance even starts paying, it gets really unaffordable.
According to the OP, though, it hadn't even crossed her mind. That's what I was addressing. It's not her job to try to figure out what her potential treatment options are. That's what doctors are for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships