Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 01:18 PM

271 posts, read 157,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It doesn't matter that he told you anything over the phone.

You have details about the girl but no info and nothing at all tangible about the guy. I'm just saying the simplest explanation is the most likely.
I don't know if I'm just taking all of this too far now!

That's what I do right?

Everybody on here says I'm over dramatic

Old 10-24-2018, 01:28 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
No, what we're saying is that you're with the wrong guy, the relationship isn't working and hasn't been for years, as evidenced by your posting history, and you should get some counseling to resolve your dependency issues.

Where are you from, OP? Is there a chance, since you're having trouble finding a permanent job, that you could take a break from living in the big city, and move back in with your parents, while you take a few months to get some counseling? It would take the pressure off of you, of having to make enough money for your living expenses in London, and all. A break might do you some good.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post

That's what I do right?

No, I am telling you that the facts are quite suspicious. I assume that he has been traveling with this girl and sleeping with her along the way, or at least cuddling/"everything but," based on what I know about people after being alive here for as many years as I have.

You ARE overdramatic, but about the wrong things. You should not be with this guy, living with him OR in a relationship, but you say you are stuck and can't go back home so ... what are you gonna do??

Old 10-24-2018, 02:01 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:

That's what I do right?

Be dramatic one more time, move out and keep your dignity. Be out before he returns on Friday.

You don't want to hear his lies about the girl. Never forget - if something he says doesn't make sense, it is probably not true - like him traveling with a couple and the guy disappears. There was no other guy.

Have some pride. Go back to your parents or somewhere else where you find support.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:08 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
I think OP's BF had a really good time with the Asian ladies...

Old 10-24-2018, 02:18 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I think OP's BF had a really good time with the Asian ladies...
DuH! 99.9% of men that goes down there for "backpacking" isn't going out in landmine-filled jungles to hike Of all the wonderful places to hike in the world, Vietnam just isn't one of them, LOl.

He was there for the "Pho" at the Hanoi Hilton

Old 10-24-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
No, I am telling you that the facts are quite suspicious. I assume that he has been traveling with this girl and sleeping with her along the way, or at least cuddling/"everything but," based on what I know about people after being alive here for as many years as I have.

You ARE overdramatic, but about the wrong things. You should not be with this guy, living with him OR in a relationship, but you say you are stuck and can't go back home so ... what are you gonna do??
we'll surely he would have told this girl he had a girlfriend...

surely he couldn't be that selfish and immature

i don't know if i trust him, i 100% did trust him with all of my heart when he left for the trip, but as time went on and his communication patterns changed and he seemed less interested in me and romantic compared to usual then i started to get insecure. i also felt insecure when he told me he was travelling with another girl (and boy). also, his instagram photos - it looks like he was travelling with somebody who was taking his photos for him the whole time and i don't know it just reminds me of how i used to take photos of him when we vacationed, its like he's smiling with somebody for the photos rather than just getting his photo taken by a stranger

Why hasn't he given me any more detail about the girl he apparently travelled from Hanoi with?
Like i'd like to know if they ever travelled alone or if they were always with other people.
why would he just say "only one girl from hanoi"

why wouldn't he give me more detail?

is the fact that he hasn't given me any more detail or information just mean that its no big deal and its just me here ovethinking again... maybe he thinks its no big deal as nothing went on and that why he said "only one girl from hanoi"

Old 10-24-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
we'll surely he would have told this girl he had a girlfriend...

Luv, you are just very young and naive.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Luv, you are just very young and naive.
i've been living with my boyfriend for 4 years now and before that we were in a long distance relationship for like 3 years

what would his intentions be to do something like that?

it doesn't make any sense

also, how am i supposed to ask him for more information on friday? or should i just leave it?

Old 10-24-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
i've been living with my boyfriend for 4 years now and before that we were in a long distance relationship for like 3 years

what would his intentions be to do something like that?

it doesn't make any sense

also, how am i supposed to ask him for more information on friday? or should i just leave it?
He is living the life a guy his age is supposed to live.

Y'all have stayed together WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past your expiration date, to the point that it's now harmful to you both emotionally.

You can't be honest with him, and he's obviously not being honest with you.

What do you want to know on Friday? What do you think he's going to tell you? And what would it take for you to make an actual change in your life?

You've stunted yourself emotionally by staying in this relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships