Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:24 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times

Advertisements

We’re couples who broke up due to one person not wanting kids and the other wanting kids really in love? When I think in love, I think of doing anything for the other person. I am skeptical of if these people were really fully in love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 11:32 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
How do you propose they resolve the issue in a way that meets both their needs? Hint, you can't, and you focusing on whether or not they're in love is really beside the point.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
How do you propose they resolve the issue in a way that meets both their needs? Hint, you can't, and you focusing on whether or not they're in love is really beside the point.
I would say the person who doesn’t want kids agrees to have one. You don’t always get what you want. That’s part of being in a relationship and not being single. If my wife wants to live in the city and I want To live in the suburbs I’m not going to break up with her.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:45 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I would say the person who doesn’t want kids agrees to have one. You don’t always get what you want.
So you would forcibly impregnate a wife who didn’t want children???

Old 01-19-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So you would forcibly impregnate a wife who didn’t want children???
In what dictionary does “agree” equal “forceably”?

I never specified which sex did or did not want children. Interesting how you made that assumption and turned it into a femal victimazion thread. Would the female jump on top of the man and forceably get herself impregananted if she wanted children?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
No. I would do what I said would happen in my post. I never specified which sex did or did not want children. Interesting how you made that assumption and turned it into a femal victimazion thread.
I didn't do that. It appears you haven't thought this through.

Since you're male, hypothetically you would be married to a woman. And hypothetically, if your wife didn't want children, how are you supposing she should just change her mind and acquiesce to the spouse who wants kids?

It's not at all on the same level as choosing where to live.

Did you think about what it would be like to be a child raised by a parent who didn't even want you in the first place???

If you as a male partner didn't want kids, would you just up and give in? Would you want your wife to secretly stop taking The Pill and get pregnant because she does want kids?

I believe if one spouse doesn't want kids, the couple should not have kids. Ideally babies should be fully wanted by both parents.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:54 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times
They could have been in love, but sensibly broke up because they wanted different things out of life.

It's not wise to have a kid if you don't want one.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:55 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Do you often sit around wondering if couples are really in love because they don't act the way you think you would in a potentially very painful situation?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:57 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Everyone and their fat brother knows that that situation is a deal breaker.

That is a convo to have way way up front.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I didn't do that. It appears you haven't thought this through.

Since you're male, hypothetically you would be married to a woman. And hypothetically, if your wife didn't want children, how are you supposing she should just change her mind and acquiesce to the spouse who wants kids?

It's not at all on the same level as choosing where to live.

Did you think about what it would be like to be a child raised by a parent who didn't even want you in the first place???

If you as a male partner didn't want kids, would you just up and give in? Would you want your wife to secretly stop taking The Pill and get pregnant because she does want kids?

I believe if one spouse doesn't want kids, the couple should not have kids. Ideally babies should be fully wanted by both parents.
The title of the thread is “people”, not me. So my sex is irrelevant. Maybe I’m gay or self identify as a woman and am just curious. It doesn’ apply to me.

Yes, If I didn’t want kids I would give in if I was in love. Just because I didn’t want kids doesn’t mean I wouldn’t love them the same. You don’t control your love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships