Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 11:37 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,670,826 times

Advertisements

I don’t care about anyone’s opinions about “family,” a real man, a grown man, does what he wants to do, when he wants to do it, and if his dad behaved that way in front of you, HE would ask his dad to leave. I wouldn’t tolerate that from anyone unless I just didn’t care about the girl. Family either has to accept your life and your choices or they won’t be in your life anymore. This guy doesn’t have the spine to stand up to his own dad, which is an essential element of growth. I love my dad, he’s very supportive on the whole, but there are times he has to be put in his place - a gentle reminder that while advice is appreciated, judgment is not.

Find a guy who stands up for you to anyone. If anyone messes with my fiancé, friends, family, or strangers, I put them in their place so fast they don’t know what hit them. You deserve that treatment! Don’t settle for less.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:51 PM

6,955 posts, read 3,994,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I don’t care about anyone’s opinions about “family,” a real man, a grown man, does what he wants to do, when he wants to do it, and if his dad behaved that way in front of you, HE would ask his dad to leave. I wouldn’t tolerate that from anyone unless I just didn’t care about the girl. Family either has to accept your life and your choices or they won’t be in your life anymore. This guy doesn’t have the spine to stand up to his own dad, which is an essential element of growth. I love my dad, he’s very supportive on the whole, but there are times he has to be put in his place - a gentle reminder that while advice is appreciated, judgment is not.

Find a guy who stands up for you to anyone. If anyone messes with my fiancé, friends, family, or strangers, I put them in their place so fast they don’t know what hit them. You deserve that treatment! Don’t settle for less.

That may be how it works in your culture, but we're not talking about yours, are we?

Old 06-21-2019, 06:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,337,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
He has always been employed but has so much debt.
Can someone explain to me why so many women date men like this?

The sex can't be that good, can it?

Ladies, please choose better men than this.

If a man says he doesn't want to marry you believe him. Don't try to change his mind cause you're not the woman he wants to be with. Simple.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:16 AM

102,330 posts, read 108,547,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Can someone explain to me why so many women date men like this?

The sex can't be that good, can it?

Ladies, please choose better men than this.

If a man says he doesn't want to marry you believe him. Don't try to change his mind cause you're not the woman he wants to be with. Simple.
In this case, she does seem to be the woman he wants to be with, but his dad doesn't like her. He wants her to change his dad's mind, and win him over. Did you read the OP?

But I agree; as do others here; if he's not good with money, it probably wouldn't work out in the end, anyway. Conflicts over money is one of the top two reasons for divorce. I think I posted that earlier.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,337,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In this case, she does seem to be the woman he wants to be with, but his dad doesn't like her. He wants her to change his dad's mind, and win him over. Did you read the OP?

But I agree; as do others here; if he's not good with money, it probably wouldn't work out in the end, anyway. Conflicts over money is one of the top two reasons for divorce. I think I posted that earlier.
I read it and I think she can do better than him. She's got her life together, this guy? Not so much.

Kick him to the curb. Easier said than done when you love the person of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships