Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 01:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Me too. Crazy about ‘em.

I like my money more though. I also like my sanity, my dignity and pride. I’m not playing the sucker just because you’re cute with good dimensions. There are more where she came from. I ain’t never been a chump for love and I sure as hell ain’t gonna start now. I’m not getting used. Hell no.

Every time I see a guy get chewed up and spit out by some woman, I thank my lucky stars that my father and uncles raised me well and showed me how THAT game goes.
It's actually a great filter. None of the women in my life that ever amounted to something were in the frame of mind they were entitled to something from someone.

Strange though. My last marriage of 16 years ended because of her attitude of entitlement.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Smart guys make them work up an appetite before dinner is served !!!
I had to rep you for this one. Lol

Old 06-22-2019, 01:06 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Maybe I should start going to McDonalds more often at least when I strike out it won’t hurt my wallet!

https://www.studyfinds.org/foodie-ca...for-free-meal/

Where have you been for the past 15,000 years ? Women have always used men and men have always used women. We spend tons of money dating them, food, drinks, wining and dining, and we, in turn, hope to score a little lovin'.

Been going on way before we came about.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:10 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Maybe I should start going to McDonalds more often at least when I strike out it won’t hurt my wallet!

https://www.studyfinds.org/foodie-ca...for-free-meal/
Can you get an employee discount if you take her to where you work?

Old 06-22-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's actually a great filter. None of the women in my life that ever amounted to something were in the frame of mind they were entitled to something from someone.

Strange though. My last marriage of 16 years ended because of her attitude of entitlement.
I’ve seen guys get BROKEN so bad by conniving women that it’s a damn shame.

In the Army, it was routine. I’m thinking on a guy I was stationed with named Cahill that fell hard for a German girl. He should’ve been more careful, but he went all in. Took her to the States to meet his family, they got engaged. Moved in together and he bought her a car.

Problem is, she’d be hanging around a lot with him at the barracks. She ended up liking one of his buddies even more, so she dumped that fool and kicked him out of the apartment. Then she moved the other guy in and they eventually got married....

Now that’s not bad enough though...that car that her ex-boyfriend bought? Yeah...the new boyfriend/husband would drive it into work everyday, and of course, Cahill had to see it parked in front of the motor pool where they both worked. I use to just LMAO at the fool for being so damn gullible in the first place. I would’ve never bought a car for a girlfriend. But here he was trying to be Mr Belvedere and ended up being just another Captain Save ‘Em that got dumped while he was putting on his cape. Damn fool. I used to tease the guy about it all the time although he seemed to be good natured about it.

Women aren’t impressed by “working man money” and gifts. Now if you’re really knocking down doctor or CEO type dough, that’s another animal altogether.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:

In the Army, it was routine. I’m thinking on a guy I was stationed with named Cahill that fell hard for a German girl. He should’ve been more careful, but he went all in. Took her to the States to meet his family, they got engaged. Moved in together and he bought her a car.

Problem is, she’d be hanging around a lot with him at the barracks. She ended up liking one of his buddies even more, so she dumped that fool and kicked him out of the apartment. Then she moved the other guy in and they eventually got married....

Now that’s not bad enough though...that car that her ex-boyfriend bought? Yeah...the new boyfriend/husband would drive it into work everyday, and of course, Cahill had to see it parked in front of the motor pool where they both worked. I use to just LMAO at the fool for being so damn gullible in the first place. I would’ve never bought a car for a girlfriend. But here he was trying to be Mr Belvedere and ended up being just another Captain Save ‘Em that got dumped while he was putting on his cape. Damn fool. I used to tease the guy about it all the time although he seemed to be good natured about it.

Women aren’t impressed by “working man money” and gifts. Now if you’re really knocking down doctor or CEO type dough, that’s another animal altogether.
I don't know about others but I just can't respect anyone in todays world who can't take care of themselves. That includes on a date. I can and will be generous to a friend, somebody I respect and care for that's not a stranger but somebody I just met? Ummmmmm......... nope. Not likely.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't know about others but I just can't respect anyone in todays world who can't take care of themselves. That includes on a date. I can and will be generous to a friend, somebody I respect and care for that's not a stranger but somebody I just met? Ummmmmm......... nope. Not likely.
If I were to ask a woman out on a date, I expect to pay, but we ain’t going to Ruth’s Cris or anything like that. Never that. First date might be at one of these local taco joints or something. Steak or shrimp? Ehhh....no chance. Not unless she wants steak and shrimp at Denny’s or IHOP. And even THEN I’m reluctant.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:54 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:

OR, life happens.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:55 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
OH my God, clutch the pearls! The next thing you know we'll be reading about men who lie to women to get them in the sack.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:58 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Where have you been for the past 15,000 years ? Women have always used men and men have always used women. We spend tons of money dating them, food, drinks, wining and dining, and we, in turn, hope to score a little lovin'.

Been going on way before we came about.
It's as if some of these people think we're NOT a bunch of technologically advanced chimpanzees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.