Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2019, 12:00 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,587,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags61 View Post
A lot of that is the obsession with smart phones and social media.
Many people these days are buried in their phones and don't bother to look away from their screens to realize there are people to meet and places to see in the real world.

You can meet on your phone & arrange a time to meet in the real world tho........

*Being online & on a smart phone is today's real world*.............

We can do anything with an app...........including meeting dates in the real world.......shrugs..........

It's easy to keep work & your social life separate........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 12:17 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,992,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Um.....define "lame" when it comes to Meetups. As a long time member of the site, I'd really like to knowyour stance

There are a ton of 20s and 30s Meetups where I live
Single meetup groups - I have been at some - never again. The members have been going for quite some time, they are an established group of undatable and desperate people who were either knowitalls or basement looking people. They jump on a new body like a fly on crap. It's ridiculous. I felt like a piece of meat, it was not appealing at all.

Old 11-27-2019, 12:22 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,038,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Single meetup groups - I have been at some - never again. The members have been going for quite some time, they are an established group of undatable and desperate people who were either knowitalls or basement looking people. They jump on a new body like a fly on crap. It's ridiculous. I felt like a piece of meat, it was not appealing at all.

Or...no one there was all that attractive enough for you to ever return again?

Old 11-27-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You can meet on your phone & arrange a time to meet in the real world tho........

*Being online & on a smart phone is today's real world*.............

We can do anything with an app...........including meeting dates in the real world.......shrugs..........

It's easy to keep work & your social life separate........
THat's part of the problem. People are flaking out at the last min. when it comes to online dating. They typically use online dating platforms as an extension of their social media. For their vanity. An ego boost.

"Look at all these guys that want me" show's inbox to real life friend.

Friend asks, "You got a date with any of them?"

Other friend, "No, I just like looking at the numbers of messages I'm capable of getting".

Old 11-27-2019, 12:26 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,992,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Or...no one there was all that attractive enough for you to ever return again?
No one would have been attractive to me because it was a bunch of horny, desperate people. Not attractive at all.

Old 11-27-2019, 12:29 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,579,737 times
i still cant understand this thread. if halle barry was your co-worker and she wanted to date you, you would say no because she happens to get a paycheck from the same tax entity ?

Old 11-27-2019, 12:50 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Wow, I never saw anything this bad in Meetup groups. The worst I saw were cliquish long-timers. What exactly did those men do? I did have a few women show romantic interest in me, but given my view on all relationships , I politely turned them down.

Old 11-27-2019, 02:25 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,949,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You haven't met anyone yourself tho....so you're a bad example..........but there are people meeting online & at gyms & in classes all the time....................

A workplace relationship isn't necessary IMO.......& you said you couldn't meet anyone there anyways beause no women work with you.......shrugs....
No. I said “anyone.” I didn’t say myself. And I never disagreed with the online part. Go back and read again. although online dating rarely leads to anything long term. I would take meeting someone through work easily over online dating.

Old 11-27-2019, 04:33 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,587,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
No. I said “anyone.” I didn’t say myself. And I never disagreed with the online part. Go back and read again. although online dating rarely leads to anything long term. I would take meeting someone through work easily over online dating.

IMO most people don't pick where they meet their person......it just happens...........but not with a sour attitude........

and IMO you are doing something wrong if you can't meet anyone online...in stores.....at a gym....or in a class.....anywhere but work.....

Old 11-28-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Wow, I never saw anything this bad in Meetup groups. The worst I saw were cliquish long-timers. What exactly did those men do? I did have a few women show romantic interest in me, but given my view on all relationships , I politely turned them down.
Yeah, I'd be curious. In all my years with Meetup...I can maybe point out a couple of guys that really made women uncomfortable...getting into their personal space. This was a long time ago, now, Meetup members tend to flake on events before even coming to them. People tend to check the RSVP list pictures to see if anyone is attractive enough to even attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships