Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2020, 07:21 PM

9 posts, read 3,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It's very difficult for a plaintiff to win these cases. Proving discrimination is very hard to do. The EEOC won't take a case unless it's a slam dunk; then you're on your own and need to cough up a retainer fee to pay a lawyer. Something a lot of recently fired people can't afford to do. Even if they can afford it, it can be hard to win their case.
No. Proving discrimination is as easy as tying shoelaces nowadays. And the EEOC isn't so picky. It doesn't have to be. Not when so many knuckleheaded businesses & ignorant employers give them open-shut cases on silver platters & lined in red velvet rope.
Case in point > Mod cut.

Even if it were that's what private lawyers are for. All one needs to do is find an employment attorney.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-07-2020 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: New users are not permitted to post links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 10:47 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
A woman at my last place of work slept with all the bosses we had. Me too be darned. Women f#k up the food chain today as they did before the age of feminism. And there are plenty of unscathed men to engage in sex for benefits transactions. The way she speaks about her kids I doubt that poor husband of hers sired any of them.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:52 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,716 times
I know a pharmacist who wanted to date his pharm tech. so he laid her off. Once she was no longer working with him, he asked her out. They are still a happy couple.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:08 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,036,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mags61 View Post
The McDonald's CEO was fired for having a consensual relationship with a co-worker. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/b...ceo-fired.html
These kinds of workplace romances are becoming more unacceptable at many companies and not just with management. Every company I've worked for strongly discourages inter-office relationships of this kind.
This is a warning to be careful how you conduct yourself at work because what was once accepted or even encouraged could now get anyone in trouble or even terminated.
It is never a good idea to seek out co-workers for romantic relationships. You go to work to do the jobs you are assigned, not to fish in the company pond.

I've worked at my company for nearly 20 yrs, for a large corporation. I assure you, no one, here, cares if you date a co-worker. No one. We have NO policies on it. But then again...we're not hiring 16 yr olds. We're hiring adults.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:18 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,036,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Ive yet to know anyone in real life whos met someone at a grocery store, gym, or class. Not one.
Well...maybe that says something about you. No offense. I've met people in "real life" in my 40's.

Met a guy in church. We dated off and on for a few years. (although in all honesty, looking back, I was wasting my time.)

I met a guy at the bowling ally. We dated for about 6 months.

Dated my car mechanic for a few months

Old 01-08-2020, 05:41 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,038,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
AAnd there are plenty of unscathed men to engage in sex for benefits transactions.
Unless I"m reading this wrong, two words, "Harvey Weinstein". Although, he did go unscathed for a good while though.

Old 01-08-2020, 06:32 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I know a pharmacist who wanted to date his pharm tech. so he laid her off. Once she was no longer working with him, he asked her out. They are still a happy couple.
This would highlight EXACTLY why there are different rules for superiors for dating coworkers.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:58 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishGal View Post
No. Proving discrimination is as easy as tying shoelaces nowadays. And the EEOC isn't so picky. It doesn't have to be.
It's obvious you know nothing about the EEOC or federal discrimination lawsuits. I do have experience in this area so i know a lot about it. The EEOC does have to be picky about what cases they take, because they don't want to waste time, money and resources on cases that will likely fail. So they actually do have to be picky.

Proving discrimination is very difficult as it often requires proving "intent" which can be near impossible.

"The success rate for cases of discrimination filed is dismal; only two percent of plaintiffs win at trial. That is after 19 percent of the cases were dismissed. Half or 50 percent have early settlements, 18 percent of the cases are lost on summary judgment and 8 percent of the cases have a late settlement"

Hmmm...if proving discrimination was as easy as you claim it is, the success rates for those lawsuits wouldn't be "dismal".

Workers win only 1% of federal lawsuits

https://www.fastcompany.com/40440310...ights-lawsuits

Hearing in the media about a particular discrimination lawsuit that is won, doesn't mean all of the lawsuits are being won. Or that even a vast majority are won. As you can see, the vast majority are not won.

Last edited by PriscillaVanilla; 01-08-2020 at 09:18 PM..

Old 01-23-2020, 04:11 PM

154 posts, read 74,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I've worked at my company for nearly 20 yrs, for a large corporation. I assure you, no one, here, cares if you date a co-worker. No one. We have NO policies on it. But then again...we're not hiring 16 yr olds. We're hiring adults.

Well then your company is different than all the companies I worked for, and I'm 58 with a lot of experience in the corporate world.
I can assure you most large companies frown on this practice these days, even among co-workers dating each other. Not all of them outright forbid it but it's still looked down on by HR and management.
One of the reasons is to prevent so-called adults from behaving like hormone-crazed 16 year-olds.
Even at laissez-faire companies like yours it's still not a good idea to get too personal with your peers for lots of reasons. You go to work to be productive, not reproductive.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:14 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I've worked at my company for nearly 20 yrs, for a large corporation. I assure you, no one, here, cares if you date a co-worker. No one. .
They shouldn't care, because it's not their business anyway. In a lot of European countries it's very acceptable for co-workers to date each other. I don't know why American businesses try so hard to control what their workers do in their private lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships