Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2019, 08:15 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I remember a singles club in my area years ago, there were 20 women and one man. And the one man was separated, not yet divorced.
And what was the name and purpose of this so called singles club?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 02:57 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I hate when people make assumptions. I've already joined my own clubs I'm interested in.

Joined a young professionals group. There are 1-2 girls I'm sort of interested in, but I'm not sure if they and I feel strongly enough.

Joined a running group - Only one girl in my age group who has a boyfriend.

Joined a softball team. 4 girls total and was only attracted to one who has a boyfriend.

Joined crossfit in the past - Didn't really talk to or meet any girls. People didn't really seem to socialize much.

Jointed toastmasters in the past. It was all older people and there were no young single girls.

And "singles club" or dancing?? YOu have to be joking. There is no such thing as a singles club, and Meetups are lame with lame people. You have to be in your 50's or older.
Um.....define "lame" when it comes to Meetups. As a long time member of the site, I'd really like to knowyour stance

There are a ton of 20s and 30s Meetups where I live

Old 11-27-2019, 08:06 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:

And "singles club" or dancing?? YOu have to be joking. There is no such thing as a singles club, and Meetups are lame with lame people. You have to be in your 50's or older.

*You have to be joking* .....there are lots of ways for people in their 30s & 40s to meet ....people meet all the time without having to be in a workplace relationship........................

Online...at the grocery store....through other friends......at the gym......taking a class......

Old 11-27-2019, 08:28 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
*You have to be joking* .....there are lots of ways for people in their 30s & 40s to meet ....people meet all the time without having to be in a workplace relationship........................

Online...at the grocery store....through other friends......at the gym......taking a class......
Ive yet to know anyone in real life whos met someone at a grocery store, gym, or class. Not one.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:40 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times
Quote:
Ive yet to know anyone in real life whos met someone at a grocery store, gym, or class. Not one.

You haven't met anyone yourself tho....so you're a bad example..........but there are people meeting online & at gyms & in classes all the time....................

A workplace relationship isn't necessary IMO.......& you said you couldn't meet anyone there anyways beause no women work with you.......shrugs....

Old 11-27-2019, 09:09 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Look when you are spending upwards of 10-12 hrs with someone who is available it's hard to not get into that groove. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. It is what it is. Unfortunately mine didn't work out but I don't regret it

Old 11-27-2019, 10:48 AM

154 posts, read 74,310 times
Quote:
I hate when people make assumptions. I've already joined my own clubs I'm interested in.

Joined a young professionals group. There are 1-2 girls I'm sort of interested in, but I'm not sure if they and I feel strongly enough.

Joined a running group - Only one girl in my age group who has a boyfriend.

Joined a softball team. 4 girls total and was only attracted to one who has a boyfriend.

Joined crossfit in the past - Didn't really talk to or meet any girls. People didn't really seem to socialize much.

Jointed toastmasters in the past. It was all older people and there were no young single girls.

This reads of nothing but self pity. You're either not making enough effort to socialize or you're not a very likable person, just my guess.
My husband and I go to comedy clubs, sporting events, karaoke bars, and staying as active as we can when we have the time. We're always meeting new people, some are in relationships and many are single.
Yes we're in our 50s but age has nothing to do with it. The more you go out and put forth the effort, the greater the chances you'll meet the right person.
The best relationships are started through the ways I mentioned, not through work or a website. Take my advice or leave it, it's your choice.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You haven't met anyone yourself tho....so you're a bad example..........but there are people meeting online & at gyms & in classes all the time....................

A workplace relationship isn't necessary IMO.......& you said you couldn't meet anyone there anyways beause no women work with you.......shrugs....

You're spot on. That poster is just throwing a pity party for himself.
I think people who fish in the company pond or wish they had relationships with co-workers aren't socially active enough outside of work, and they tend to be loners. There are many ways for singles to meet other singles besides on the job.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:56 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mags61 View Post
The best relationships are started through the ways I mentioned, not through work or a website. Take my advice or leave it, it's your choice.
You would think. It'd be nice. Everywhere I go, esp. during these festivals in the holidays, is just rug rats with mommy and daddy. If they don't have kids, it's just couples. Most everywhere I go, it's tons of families. Chances are this guy you're talking about is not seeking a pity party, but what he's actually experiencing.

People typically stay to themselves, meaning if they don't know you from a hole in the ground they'd not want to get to know you. You know...with the stranger danger and all that. When you're older, making friends in general is hard. I've seen women in dating profiles that say, "WEll, all my friends are married, so I'm the only one left as they are busy with their family lives now!"

There's a consensus, in 2019, that online dating has become the new normal. So a lot of those singles are just hopping online on a Saturday night with a glass of wine, browsing the dating profiles. lol

Old 11-27-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
You would think. It'd be nice. Everywhere I go, esp. during these festivals in the holidays, is just rug rats with mommy and daddy. If they don't have kids, it's just couples. Most everywhere I go, it's tons of families. Chances are this guy you're talking about is not seeking a pity party, but what he's actually experiencing.

People typically stay to themselves, meaning if they don't know you from a hole in the ground they'd not want to get to know you. You know...with the stranger danger and all that. When you're older, making friends in general is hard. I've seen women in dating profiles that say, "WEll, all my friends are married, so I'm the only one left as they are busy with their family lives now!"

There's a consensus, in 2019, that online dating has become the new normal. So a lot of those singles are just hopping online on a Saturday night with a glass of wine, browsing the dating profiles. lol

A lot of that is the obsession with smart phones and social media.
Many people these days are buried in their phones and don't bother to look away from their screens to realize there are people to meet and places to see in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships