Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 10:12 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
I did not imagine any marriage, that is crazy lol. It is a legal marriage we just didn’t go the wedding route about things.

He hasn’t responded. Right now my mind is everywhere and I keep sitting here thinking about it. I was talking to my friend and she says she’s been thinking the situation was weird but then again if we are married then he is genuine and could just be nervous about introducing me to his parents or something.
Since when did he not respond?

So he is with his parents right now? Where were you two during new years?

Old 01-02-2020, 10:12 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
I did not imagine any marriage, that is crazy lol. It is a legal marriage we just didn’t go the wedding route about things.

He hasn’t responded. Right now my mind is everywhere and I keep sitting here thinking about it. I was talking to my friend and she says she’s been thinking the situation was weird but then again if we are married then he is genuine and could just be nervous about introducing me to his parents or something.
Is he at work? Still with his family?

Old 01-02-2020, 10:13 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:

And this sounds like marriage to you?

Old 01-02-2020, 10:14 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So before you posted here, none of this was "confusing" to you?

Yes, he probably IS too busy to reassure his worried wife with a short text.
It was but like I wasn’t that suspicious about it by his reasons made sense but ppl on here have good points. I just think it’s weird I haven’t met his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
It really is!!!! I guess she never watches the ID channel lol
LOL he’s not a killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
If your husband is still with his family it would be a great time for him to Facetime or Skype you and introduce you via a video chat to his family.

Please suggest that and see how he responds.
As a MIL I would much, much rather "meet" my new DIL via video chat rather than through a FB message or email. Or, if video chatting doesn't work (for example he doesn't have a computer or a smart phone -which is rather unlikely) all he needs to do is hand his cell phone to Mom and Dad and you can chat on the phone. (BTW, I met my actual DIL when my son brought her home, 2,000 miles, as a very serious GF "to meet Mom and Dad").

I am very glad that he informed his work that he is married. You can sometimes use an email from the Human Resources department saying that your insurance has already started (or the date that it will start) before you receive the official cards from the insurance company. That way you can set up doctor and dentist appointments for the future.

I was so concerned about your situation that I had multiple dreams (nightmares) about it last night. I really hope that everything works out for you. Please keep us posted.
I’m sorry you had bad dreams I will ask if the talking on Facetime or on the phone might work. I just would like to get to know them obviously.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Since when did he not respond?

So he is with his parents right now? Where were you two during new years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Is he at work? Still with his family?
No he did visit his parents then came back then had to go do a work trip.

No we didn’t spend New Years together I was at my place

Old 01-02-2020, 10:17 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Not introducing you to his parents is a little weird.

Not allowing you to move in with him or see him every day is uber weird.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:18 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:

What ISN'T uber weird about the whole thing?

Old 01-02-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:

He doesn’t see the point of me moving my stuff in if we are gonna move soon anyway plus I have my dog and it is not a pet friendly place unless you pay a lot and there’s no point since we aren’t gonna be staying there

Old 01-02-2020, 10:23 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:

He was at a work trip on New Years? That sounds like a big lie.

So you do not know his family. They don't know about you. You have not spend Christmas OR New Years with him? This sounds like he has another girl somewhere. Very fishy.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:26 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,168,330 times
Quote:

What type of company sends someone on a work trip over New Year's Eve and New Year's Day???? Aren't most companies closed (at least on New Year's Day)????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships