Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2020, 12:21 PM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I figured that she must be about that age. I wonder how old is he. Does she even know that? Or if he has any kids? Or anything about his previous life?
She seems to know nothing about him, and he keeps his life secret and his apartment locked.
We don't even know her living situation.
All she cares about is that she is married! Hopefully she is, although she seems not to remember much about the ceremony nor has copy of the marriage license. How someone can't remember much about such important moment in their life?

They live separate lives in separate places. He "visits" her between his visits to his parents, work and travel. When he has time or feels like. She is not his priority.
He doesn't even call her daily nor is interested to look for an apartment.
It looks like to him this marriage is a needed formality, like I said - maybe for taxes purposes?

No one ever should get married to someone who is a source of shame. I don't know his motives, but they are odd and worrying.
There is one thing when someone gets married without parents approval but adores his spouse, shows her around, lives with her and spends time with her. But here? He doesn't do any of it.
I don't know why he is so afraid to tell his parents about the marriage and why he is so desperate for their approval. Will they disown him? Take out of their will?
I am sure he thought about all that before they got married, but he still decided to proceed. So, he made decision regardless the consequences.
She knew what she is going into too. Nothing changed since he told her that he is ashamed of her.
How could she get married to someone who is ashamed of her??? What did she expect?
She will be a dirty secret in his life, she already is.
This marriage isn't going to last.

Well, he is coming back from his mysterious work travel where he had to work over a New Year's Day. (I am not buying it).
We will see what happens next. Will they look for a place to live together? Will they spend time together?

OP has no health insurance nor has means to pay for the doctor. So she is not on any kind of birth control method...

I just hope for the best....

Last edited by elnina; 01-04-2020 at 12:31 PM..

Old 01-04-2020, 12:48 PM

17,758 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
We don't even know her living situation.
She has a 1 bedroom apartment. I think (but I'm not sure) she said the husband lives in a different state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OP has no health insurance nor has means to pay for the doctor.
We don't know if she has health insurance. She has a job, so she might.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:58 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,245 times
She said she's a college student. Most colleges have clinics for students.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:24 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,163,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
She has a 1 bedroom apartment. (snip).
That is another odd thing. I have known numerous couples who lived in one bedroom apartments when they were newlyweds.

Heck, good friends of my husband, a married couple, lived in the tiniest, tiniest studio apartment that I have ever seen in my life (while they were in law school). I couldn't even imagine one person living there let alone two people. But, they made it work because they were in love.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:30 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
That is another odd thing. I have known numerous couples who lived in one bedroom apartments when they were newlyweds.

Heck, good friends of my husband, a married couple, lived in the tiniest, tiniest studio apartment that I have ever seen in my life (while they were in law school). I couldn't even imagine one person living there let alone two people. But, they made it work because they were in love.
Yep, me and my husband lived in a 400 sq ft studio for a year before moving to London and into a bedsit. I never had a single complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
She said she's a college student. Most colleges have clinics for students.
She's said a lot of things.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:31 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,245 times
Belle doesnt drive though so her husbands place might be too far for her to commute to work. I dont know if they even live in the same city now?

Old 01-04-2020, 01:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Wealthy guy, can't provide an uber account for his wife. Still makes her take the bus to her minimum wage job every day. Very believable.

Old 01-04-2020, 02:26 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
There's still something funky going on here

Old 01-04-2020, 03:20 PM

17,758 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Belle has a pretty good idea of what's going on. It may not involve the psycho ex-gf but it seems pretty obvious that the husband still has other women in his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
We talked for three hours and there was some talking in circles but basically he doesn’t want me meeting them because of the same issues there was before about caring too much what they might think. Like he didn’t say it meanly but that’s what I have come up with

Hes not lying about his job or who is he but there’s also other stuff going on and I’m not an idiot. It seems to me he is used to a certain lifestyle but that has to be left in the past since we are married now

No he’s not religious at all. He is an atheist and honestly it bothers me but I also think that you can’t pressure people into having a relationship with God. That’s something personal and I can only pray for him.

I’m done with this whole thing :/ I told him when he gets back we need to find a place and that’s it it I am done for real.

Old 01-04-2020, 03:26 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wealthy guy, can't provide an uber account for his wife. Still makes her take the bus to her minimum wage job every day. Very believable.
She got a better job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships