Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 03:14 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times

Advertisements

Tell her to freeze her eggs and that her clock issue is not your problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 03:25 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Yes, and he was a 19 year old kid when a 28 year old woman decided to play cougar, went on the prowl, and sank her claws into him. Fine, if she wanted to have a little fun and teach a young man how to make a kitty purr over the course of a long weekend or the summer and thus gift him with a life skill, but otherwise, please. Relative to his age that is an unconscionable age gap, especially in the modern era. Women mature faster then men, and in this case it is very clear we are talking more about a boy than a man: he has not completed his education and has not began his career. FYI, I would harbor the same sentiment if the genders were reversed.
I agree. She's pressuring him to make a huge commitment (becoming a father) before he is even done growing up. She is old enough to realize what she is trying to do to him.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Yes, and he was a 19 year old kid when a 28 year old woman decided to play cougar, went on the prowl, and sank her claws into him. Fine, if she wanted to have a little fun and teach a young man how to make a kitty purr over the course of a long weekend or the summer and thus gift him with a life skill, but otherwise, please. Relative to his age that is an unconscionable age gap, especially in the modern era. Women mature faster then men, and in this case it is very clear we are talking more about a boy than a man: he has not completed his education and has not began his career. FYI, I would harbor the same sentiment if the genders were reversed.
LOL please. You got caught up in your purple prose and forgot yourself.

OP's gonna do what he's gonna do, that's clear, so he'll learn his life lesson the hard way. I would have thought you'd be the first one here to clap him on the back for that, knowing your stance on fatherhood and all.

But you couldn't resist the chance to further an ugly stereotype instead.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimber View Post

She also said she wants to be a primary caregiver during her maternity leave and give me a chance to find myself in my first job after studies.
What exactly does she mean by this ^^, OP? She wants to care for the baby full time and not work?

Waiting a year+ is the best plan, and frankly you should wear a condom or pull out when you sleep with her.

You want to have as much control as possible over this situation.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:31 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What exactly does she mean by this ^^, OP? She wants to care for the baby full time and not work?
He said that their country offers a year of paid maternity leave, so she'd be on leave and he'd be working?

Old 05-03-2020, 09:36 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
An alimony state? The OP lives in a welfare state. You didn't read all his posts. He said he lives somewhere, where new mothers get a year off with pay, if I understood correctly. The OP lives in a very cushy state, and it's not a part of our Union.

However. even in welfare states, the father is held responsible for any kids he may willfully or inadvertently create. The state comes after the father, and he has to pay child support. But of course, the OP sounds like he wouldn't skip out on his own spawn anyway, but you never know how long he and the child's mother would continue to get along.
Yes, certain states have alimony while others don't. Other than that, you will always owe child support, that is a different issue. Don't get me wrong, I always think someone should be a parent and stand by their kid. I've just seen too many that want alimony so they don't have to work or do anything.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:27 AM

22 posts, read 14,436 times
Quote:
I haven't felt aggrieved. After four years, I'm still happy in this relationship.

Old 05-06-2020, 08:52 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
they are happily together for 4 years, barely fight. I dont understand why ya'll wanna rip that apart and find issues.

She wants a baby asap, he feels too young. Some people have babies at 23 and feel it is the right time. In my area lots of people have children when they are underage. where I come from people have children in their 30s and 40s. Everyone is different.

OP, you are not ready and you have the right not to be ready. Have a conversation with the gf and establish a plan with a timeline, give her something to look forward to. She can still have babies in 2 years. Until then, USE A CONDOM.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:09 PM

22 posts, read 14,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateskouros View Post
why are you in this relationship? and do you live with your parents? if so, they can't be happy about it. with good reason.

I'm in this relationship because I love her. I have lived in her apartment for four years and my parents have nothing to say. I really don't understand why you insult us in the whole post.

Old 05-09-2020, 01:20 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimber View Post
I'm in this relationship because I love her. I have lived in her apartment for four years and my parents have nothing to say. I really don't understand why you insult us in the whole post.
So you start this post for peoples opinions but when they give them you wonder why you got others opinions on a relationship you are not so sure of...good luck.

If you are asking for opinions then obviously you are just looking for validation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships